Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:21:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Globb0 BTC charts  (Read 6394 times)
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 04:26:37 PM

The daily does look beary right now.

RSI continues to look flat in the middle

Looking in the hourly there is almost an essence of a head and shoulders pattern.

Hmmmm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 05:04:14 AM

I'm bullish. After 5 years trading stocks and 2.5 years on crypto the only thing that cheated me the least is whale hunting.

Who is selling?
1- Halving traders
2- In need of money due to covid
3- TA traders due to perfect short position (breaking triangle and bouncing from strong trend line - target 4000$)
4- covid panic sellers

Who is buying?
Literally no one. I don't see even a single reason why to buy now. Even a single buy signal.

My whale detector flashes red. We should test 6000-6400 and meanwhile we stay at 6800 - at perfect short/sell price. Market most often does not give you 2 days to open position in situation like this one.

Maybe it's because of the holidays and price will crash making me looking like an idiot. Nevertheless, I posted that because based on my trading experience someone is buying the false breakout.

I note your above comment of seeming frustration, Tytanowy Janusz:
"Who is buying?
Literally no one. I don't see even a single reason why to buy now. Even a single buy signal."

Actually one of the strongest tactics in bitcoin is to play the longer term, so in that regard, it is always good to buy bitcoin, so long as your time horizon for any one purchase is 4 years or longer.

Additionally, if you have 10 years or more in your investment horizon, then a lot of your buys early in your time horizon will likely give you an additional 6 years of more for them to just ride out, and in that regard, bitcoin seems to continue to be an asymmetric bet that has very great odds of paying off well.

Sure, there is no problem with what Globb0 is attempting to do here, which is perhaps try to play around with some short term and try to stack some more sats, but hopefully the overall strategy remains trying to accumulate bitcoin and perhaps even just stacking sats aside (that you do not trade) in order to make sure that you continue to build your principle, don't gamble too much and are largely attempting to hedge on the long term (rather than short term) upside (even if maybe in the short term, from time to time, you might make some decent calls, if you are mostly aiming for the long term and largely accumulating, then it might NOT make a whole hell of a lot of difference if you happen to stack some sats around our current $6,800 prices or if you got some in the lower $4ks a month ago or if you happen to have to buy some in the $8-$9k range a year ago (or maybe even later in this year).  

TLDR:  Anytime is good to buy bitcoin, whether others are buying it or not, as long as you do not get too overly excited and you can just continue to buy on a regular basis.  One of the realities, especially of younger folks, will be that they might not have any kind of lump sum of cash, and therefore they have to buy over years and years and years, and once a bit of principle is built up, then maybe they can take a part of what they have built up and play around with it (just always paying attention that they the are continuing to stack on the side and not gambling with too much of their principle on short term bets that may or may not play out).  

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
FullNode

Activity: 505
Merit: 270

Don't Trust, Verify

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 06:46:27 AM

I think the opposite. All the more reason to sell. "Buy the rumor, sell the news."
Precisely this, now people believe that before halving the price will fall and I am convinced that it will rise. Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 07:04:37 AM
Merited by Globb0 (2), cryptomaniac_xxx (1)

I think the opposite. All the more reason to sell. "Buy the rumor, sell the news."
Precisely this, now people believe that before halving the price will fall and I am convinced that it will rise. Cool

Well, this time around, we had a couple of run ups in the BTC price that caused BTC prices to be above the mean of the four year fractal or where the stock to flow model might suggest, and so currently, we are in a spot that is very close to the mean.

Yeah, none of those models are even close to guarantee, but there is likely some truth in a kind of tension that is created from the passage of time, increased adoption and the coupling of a halvening (every 4 years) in the midst of it.

I have very few doubts that the halvening is going to create upwards pressures on BTC price, but I have a lot less confidence in trying to assert that allowance of that pressure to go upwards is going to play out either like the past cycles or even in a way that we can say that it has to happen now.

At the same time, we have forces that want to either show that the models are not true or to cause them to shift down on the curve, so even if they are true, they are a smaller magnitude than expected.  So in the end we cannot really count on when exactly or how exactly a likely upwards pressure is going to play out, even though betting on the likelihood of upwards movement seems to be a bet that is in your favor... and there is really no reason to doubt that bitcoin is not going continue as amongst the better performing assets, if not the best... does that mean it is the best because it is the least worse, well I hope not, but we are really in uncertain times,

and there might be some people pushing for Armageddon to play out too...   Armageddon scenarios still seem to be less than 8-10% odds - sure they have come up from the about 1% or less odds from a couple of months ago, but they are not something to be putting too much preparations into when the way more likely scenarios do not end in Armageddon.. but instead end in various ways that bitcoin performs relatively well (closest competition seems to be gold, and that remains quite heavy and even difficult to divide and verify or to otherwise to really practically deal with, even if Armageddon were to come).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 07:40:48 AM

People seem awfully bullish to me. The majority in the Wall Observer poll are expecting higher prices, with most expecting $10K+. So I wish I could be bullish on the halving from a contrarian sentiment point of view but I sense very little fear in the market. This is unlike early 2016 where there was persistent fear around dropping hash rate, which the market bucked, and price doubled by June.

This time, the market has already doubled and bulls seem expectant of more. That makes me wary. The $8,000s are still possible in the shorter term but my overall sense is that bulls are greedy and need to be shaken out. Same with the stock market.

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 08:10:59 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), cryptomaniac_xxx (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Sure, there is no problem with what Globb0 is attempting to do here, which is

To see what we can learn over time and when we were right or wrong.

This is a learning thread from my point of view. and then a record so you cant mysteriously shift to the opposite all the time (like all the fakers) or forget the wrong calls.

Im bringing in a post from elsewhere this morning....   thanks Toxic

Shall we talk about....bitcoin?   Shocked

The Corona crawl continues...

Bitcoin still seems to working...not much other than that to report today. The consolidation between $6.95k and $6.75k is showing us some resiliency as legacy markets continue to take a beating.
1h 

I think we will see some acceleration in movement as we get closer to the end of the week. Orca in the waters brings change.
4h

Looks to be a little bit of a spinning top forming, usually a indicator signaling traders are unsure which way the market wants to go. #dyor
D

#stronghands

usually a indicator signaling traders are unsure which way the market wants to go

Definitely getting this feeling.

I suppose it will go and catch a lot of people out 1 way or the other.
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1484
Merit: 561

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 11:06:46 AM

^^ The good thing is that so far we're trading above strong support levels, personally, shorting when we are near the bitcoin block halving, doesn't makes sense.

So we should look closely at the $6950 levels and see how it goes.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 03:44:55 PM

Moar sidewayz

Is this going to ping off suddenly? then in which direction? mix of bearish and bullish around the place.

What will happen, halving, world chaos, no one has any spare money, etc. etc.

I feel the uncertainty is reflected here

cryptomaniac_xxx

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 08:40:06 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Moar sidewayz

Is this going to ping off suddenly? then in which direction? mix of bearish and bullish around the place.

What will happen, halving, world chaos, no one has any spare money, etc. etc.

I feel the uncertainty is reflected here

I feel you mate, really lots of uncertainty, geo-politics, geo-economics, the world is changing.

Although their is a feeling that money will come pouring to the market because of the halving, but this is not we are seeing. Some so called 'experts' even predicts the the stimulus package--> crypto, but we are not sure if that is going to happen.

And recently, we have witnessed and for many years, we held on the 'philosophy' that it is a safe harbor asset, with no correlation to the global traditional markets. Those narrative was put to test when Covid-19 struck us and we become to question bitcoin and crypto in general. Others call this the 'black swan'.

As you have said, we have been struck in the side-way patterns for the last two-three weeks, volume is weak and it seems that this spike is just for a short term only. So yes, we might be still in chaos, we don't really pray for recessions to test the bitcoins safe haven narrative. But it looks like we're in the zone, wherein there is a looming economic recession in the horizon.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 02:49:52 PM

Obvious pump is obvious. Caution fellows.

Looking for the daily to close above the resistance for confirmation

cryptomaniac_xxx

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 03:27:38 PM

If we clear $8k, then this could be a bull run.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 09:36:07 AM

And it does

What now? feeling a little retest and then maybe go for the up

Looking at the hourly great news the resistance seems to have turned to support.

cryptomaniac_xxx

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 04:38:11 AM

What do you think about the volumes though? it looks weak to me, I don't know if we are going to push through $7800-$7900. The bullish pattern is slowing down, and i don't like to be buying at that resistance.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 07:40:38 AM

yeah, it was the weak end. But looking back a few charts volume is a concern a few times.

Lets see where Monday takes us. Still above atmo
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1622

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 07:43:17 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2020, 08:03:49 AM by Tytanowy Janusz
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (1)

I note your above comment of seeming frustration, Tytanowy Janusz:
"Who is buying?
Literally no one. I don't see even a single reason why to buy now. Even a single buy signal."

I was not frustrated at all Smiley I was excited. In my post i was trying to show one of my thoughts about market - that in middle term you can earn by "whale hunting". Which was also well described by exstasie:

Probably the most important question a trader can ask himself: where does the market not want to go?

We had a lot of easy to spot sell signals, no technical buy signal and price didn't want to go down. Someone was filling bags - in most cases it is worth to join him. Of course i agree with all your statements about buying bitcoin all the time because in longer term it will yell better ROI than from speculations and for sure some buys was made by this type of investors but i think that their power is too small and too widely distributed to stop price in the best short position price from technical point of view.

My other system is observing market reactions to big news. Here I predicted that 6100 is only a short stop during 3500-14000 bull run based on that.

I'm very bullish for bitcoin since finally it is bad news resistant. That's the first indicator of the end of bear market

We had CBOE delisting news without any dump (i know its not bad news but look at it from lambo investor perspective. All of them was waiting for bakkt and btc etf and ... bum bitcoin is being delisted from cboe) It was, in my opinion, fud producing news and should dump bitcoin).
We had "bitfinex print 850 MM" news and only 3% dump? Under resistance? We should see dump at least 10% without this news simply from TA (fighting with very strong resistance, resting from 60% pump) had we had 3% dump with this news.
We had binance 40MM hack and next day we have break 6k resistance.

We are growing constantly with bad news hitting the market one after another. Guess what will happen when good news will hit market.

What do you think about the volumes though? it looks weak to me, I don't know if we are going to push through $7800-$7900. The bullish pattern is slowing down, and i don't like to be buying at that resistance.

I think that every trader should make decisions based on the best data. Charts that you look at show 300 BTC volume where there was 8 000 BTC volume on binance futures. I think that it is the best practise to observe charts and volume bars on the most traded exchanges because that's where whales are trading to buy/dump coins without pushing price. Real volume is showed there.

Based on that breakout volume on 4h candle was almost as big as during 7500-5200 dump and currently is close to average even though price is closed in 7400-7600 consolidation for 4 days. Im conclusion its not that bad.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 05:13:18 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), Tytanowy Janusz (1)

[edit out]

Of course i agree with all your statements about buying bitcoin all the time because in longer term it will yell better ROI than from speculations and for sure some buys was made by this type of investors but i think that their power is too small and too widely distributed to stop price in the best short position price from technical point of view.

I think that my overall point was not even really any kind of an attempt to predict short term BTC prices.

Yeah, we can have all kinds of analysis and theories about where the BTC price might be going in the short term and why, and even when we are seeming to be 90% right in our analysis regarding what way the BTC price should go, the price still ends up going in the opposite direction, and perhaps those kinds of opposites happen because bitcoin still is quite relatively illiquid as compared to other assets, and if some BIG player wants to push the BTC price in one direction or another in the short term, maybe other whales might not really feel so strongly as to go against him, so he is able to push the BTC price, in the short term, in the direction that he wants because he is willing to inject capital in that direction.  Sure, sometimes, such whale fails to achieve his short term objectives, too.

So, in essence, I tend to poo poo technical analysis quite a bit, even though sometimes it is interesting to view what some members are saying in regards to price pressures and dynamics that they see based on a variety of indicators in the charts.... but in the end, there has been a lot of appreciation of value that had come to people who have either completely refrained from trading and/or engaged in tactics that merely involve buying regularly and maybe from time to time attempting to buy a bit more on dips.  I am NOT suggesting to NOT play around at all, but I personally believe that any trading should be a tactic that involves a minority of the value of the BTC holdings of anyone who seriously wants to profit overall from the ongoing accumulation of BTC.

Of course, one of the main sure things in bitcoin continues to be its ongoing and seemingly inevitable volatility, so even if we consider that maybe the BTC price is ultimately going to go up in the long term, and it has good odds in terms of being a seemingly decently great asymmetric bet towards the upside.  In the short term, there are likely ways to attempt to profit from the seeming inevitable volatility - without having great insight towards how much probability to assign to one price direction or another.

So, yeah it seems that some of BTC's volatility has gone down somewhat with the increases in the market cap, so it takes much BIGGER players to push BTC prices in extremes, but the ongoing entrance of BIGGER and BIGGER players into bitcoin does seem to cause a decent amount of continued ongoing extreme volatility, and maybe BTC has to accomplish another 50x to 100x increase in its market cap before the volatility simmers down a bit, and even a 50x increase in BTC market only puts bitcoin in the neighborhood of Gold's current market cap, and many folks theorize that bitcoin has attributes that make it much better than gold in terms of scarcity, verifiability, portability, divisibility and ease of NOT having to rely on as many third parties, so in many senses, even 100x price appreciation from here remains a kind of small potatoes, and likely will continue to experience volatility, but likely continued lessening of volatility as the world gets used to bitcoin and its various value propositions.. so in the meantime, HODLers should be able to figure out ways to profit from the ongoing likely upwards potential that is likely to be accompanied by inevitable and diminishing volatility, but it still could take a few more halvening cycles for bitcoin to solidly get above gold's market cap, but at the same time, we cannot even be sure about how quickly any of the outrageousness can happen based on seemingly crazy-ass monetary (and safe haven asset) times in which we currently live.

Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 07:58:59 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Here is todays news.

Nothing much to see on the daily. We are OK.

Nice run of green candles, where will we close today?

The hourly chart is looking noisy, but we are edging up.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 05:38:46 AM

The bulls finally broke 7,800 today we are likely to test 8,000.

BTCullist

1PCm7LqVkhj4xRpKNyyEeekwhc1mzK52cT
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 11:27:08 AM

And it does

What now? feeling a little retest and then maybe go for the up

Looking at the hourly great news the resistance seems to have turned to support.

This was spot on then, we haven't gone back into the support, moving up the channel

cryptomaniac_xxx

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:01:34 PM

If we clear $8k, then this could be a bull run.

We have cleared it already, definitely we are heading on the next level guys.

T-minus 12 days before the halving....

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██