Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JSEcoin is now dead.  (Read 155 times)
Gemino (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 06:23:37 PM

This came in my spam.folder today...

JSE Closing Down

Under the current economic environment it has not been possible to raise the funding required to continue the JSE project.

Announcement: https://jsecoin.com/jse-closing-down/

Since 2017 the team has developed and built the network and front-end platforms to bridge web and blockchain technologies. In hindsight we left it too late to raise ICO funds and the project was always bootstrapped. Undeterred we used what little funds we had to the best of our abilities to build out the JSE platform, app and network. The markets for cryptocurrencies have declined since the end of 2017 and this has had a very negative impact on the liquidity and token economics. Organic growth and token demand have slowed significantly making our metrics less desirable to investors. With the Covid-19 pandemic hitting all markets and VC investment our chances of raising are now unrealistic.

The platform will be shut down on the 21st April 2020, at this time a snapshot will be taken of the ledger and published on the website. Remaining funds after liquidation and server costs will be used to continue the buy back programme on the LATOKEN exchange which seems the fairest way to reimburse stakeholders. Anyone looking to trade tokens on exchange should withdraw funds to the ERC20 token (which will remain in use) before the date above.

The code-base will remain on Github and the existing ledger json files will be published on this website once they have been finalised.

I hope that in the future someone will continue the work we started and fork the project continuing the existing ledger. Cryptocurrency is the future and the current economic crisis and bail out plans only highlight the need to separate money from state. As a community we need an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional proof-of-work systems.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the project. Developers, investors, community members, miners and website publishers. I have been lucky enough to work with some amazing people over the last three years and wish them the best for whatever the future brings. I apologise to everyone who invested time, money and resources into the project who believed, like I did, in what we were doing.

Kind regards,

James Bachini
CEO

I know this project has been a huge disappointment from the start. It messed up what could have been a great idea by focusing on irrelevant features and not the currency and mining. How is it that a cryptocurrency needs "funding" to survive?

I'm glad I only lost bit of time on this. Others probably depended on it too much and lost a lot.

Spellbound by Darkness - Online is a free to play browser text based mmorpg and Bitcoin faucet game. https://www.sbbd.xyz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shafay

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 08:09:19 AM

I do not think that anybody lost too much in this. JSEcoin was long dead, I used to check their volume and it hardly went more than $100 any day. There were only small trades, and about the buy walls, I think they were set up by team to give liquidity to coin, as it was in their announcement, some months ago.

Head to # for the latest updates on Tech, Motherboards, and PC Gaming.
Gemino (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2020, 05:30:50 PM

I do not think that anybody lost too much in this. JSEcoin was long dead, I used to check their volume and it hardly went more than $100 any day. There were only small trades, and about the buy walls, I think they were set up by team to give liquidity to coin, as it was in their announcement, some months ago.

The biggest losses in my opinion will be the websites that promoted annoying jse ads and lost users and credibility. Just to not even earn anything feom it in the end. Total waste of ad space.

Spellbound by Darkness - Online is a free to play browser text based mmorpg and Bitcoin faucet game. https://www.sbbd.xyz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: