Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Wagner - held a fuckload of coins! did he sell them all?  (Read 1596 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 08:25:42 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 08:28:17 PM

His last daily bitcoinshow episode was October 13th..
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 08:45:43 PM

It would be unfair to say the only reason Bruce was interested in bitcoins in the first place was because his funds couldn't be siezed by court order to pay back the several hundred-thousand dollars he owes per court order, bit it's a definate motivator.

He's too busy chasing boys and trying to make himself important in the OWS movement now to worry much about bitcoins and his failed bitcoin show though. He keeps trying to desperately attach himself to anything 'new' as some kind of pioneer of it. Last I checked he was doing some show on Android, "fnehegh" snorting through the whole thing. What a clown. And people think I'm bad.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 11:08:42 PM

It would be unfair to say the only reason Bruce was interested in bitcoins in the first place was because his funds couldn't be siezed by court order to pay back the several hundred-thousand dollars he owes per court order, bit it's a definate motivator.

He's too busy chasing boys and trying to make himself important in the OWS movement now to worry much about bitcoins and his failed bitcoin show though. He keeps trying to desperately attach himself to anything 'new' as some kind of pioneer of it. Last I checked he was doing some show on Android, "fnehegh" snorting through the whole thing. What a clown. And people think I'm bad.

I don't know of anyone who thinks your anywhere near as "bad" as Bruce Wagner. No one is as bad as that guy lol.
Bruce still has a ton of Bitcoins, just like all the other people at the "top". They are all hoarding ridiculous amounts of Bitcoins and could make Bitcoins go down to $.50cents TOMORROW if they really wanted to. It's kinda funny how much this group of people control this coin.
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 04:35:59 AM

in my book he is a moron and too greedy if he did not sell most of his coins when they were above $10. When you can become an instant millionare you sell at least half of your bitcoins instead of taking the risk. It dropped slow enough that most of these early adaptors should have unloaded at least half of all their coins.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 04:46:25 AM

in my book he is a moron and too greedy if he did not sell most of his coins when they were above $10. When you can become an instant millionare you sell at least half of your bitcoins instead of taking the risk. It dropped slow enough that most of these early adaptors should have unloaded at least half of all their coins.

Well, you know what they say about hindsight.  Some people were predicting a crash during the exponential run up to $30.  Any look at history would tell speculators that you cannot have a speculative bubble build so quickly and so high on a commodity that's essentially an agreement between a very limited number of people, without a huge crash at the end.  This time it's different, but this is special, you don't really understand how the market works.  The same reasons were recycled this time around.  But I doubt many were predicting a fall to $2 this quickly. 

A very early adopter would still be sitting on a massive gain if they mined or bought when bitcoins were valued at a few cents each.  Not selling at $10+ however could be uncharitably seen as a sign of sheer greed.  A 100x or more gain just wasn't enough.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 05:16:06 AM

Bruce still has a ton of Bitcoins, just like all the other people at the "top". They are all hoarding ridiculous amounts of Bitcoins and could make Bitcoins go down to $.50cents TOMORROW if they really wanted to. It's kinda funny how much this group of people control this coin.

Such a silly and trite concern.

To the extent that those "evil early adopters" have tons of coins and can "crash the market at any moment", they are but able to do that once. And if one does it, it hurts the others, so this "evil group" actually has little power or incentive to collude and zero ability to "control" anything in the long term. They can, at worst, cause a huge one-time price crash and this would be a blessing for anyone trying to acquire the coins.

Your concern boils down to deep-seeded antagonism over the fact that some people figured this thing out before you, and the great irony is that people a year from now will have that same antagonism toward you - if you are smart enough to buy at the prices today.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:35:30 AM

if he were smart he'd dump his coins slowly and not all at once. an assclown indeed.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:55:50 AM

if he were smart he'd dump his coins slowly and not all at once. an assclown indeed.

I hypothesis that a lot of a certain class of Bitcoin holders got a little panicky as the AML noose has tightened up with surprising and unanticipated speed, and have bolted for the door more quickly than would have been ideal.  If that is true, we may be at somewhat lower price levels than otherwise and an upswing could thus be a bit more violent than otherwise.  I could be wrong...I often am.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:07:09 AM

I hypothesis that a lot of a certain class of Bitcoin holders got a little panicky as the AML noose has tightened up with surprising and unanticipated speed, and have bolted for the door more quickly than would have been ideal.  If that is true, we may be at somewhat lower price levels than otherwise and an upswing could thus be a bit more violent than otherwise.  I could be wrong...I often am.

BTW, another interesting thing that I saw today was a gigantic ask wall at Tradehill right at the market get taken out out of nowhere.  It was an amount which was equal to the entire bid book.  It seemed to have been immediately re-set across the face of the ask side (I think).

The giant ask wall that had been doing interesting things for several weeks was reported to have likely been the allinvain stash.  I got to thinking, if I had that stash and Tradehill had started to give me grief about pulling out my USD (resulting from sales of stolen BTC), one thing I could do would be to get a buddy to set up an account and sell it all to him in a move much like what I (think I) saw.  Tradehill would probably have trouble justifying giving him grief even if they had their suspicions (as long as he was willing to provide his identity) and a cash-out could finally be done...albeit at a huge loss due to the collapse.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:34:43 AM

the AML noose will also hurt exchanges as it undermines the faith people have in exchanges and people will simply not use them any longer once they catch wind of whats happening. they are hanging themselves, but i'm sure they will inherit many unclaimed coins and currency in the process.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 09:10:41 AM

the AML noose will also hurt exchanges as it undermines the faith people have in exchanges and people will simply not use them any longer once they catch wind of whats happening. they are hanging themselves, but i'm sure they will inherit many unclaimed coins and currency in the process.

My take is that a lot of the exchanges actually started out with noble intentions and great bravado about sticking it to TPTB, but relatively quickly figured out that they were going to tow the line or exit the industry.  I'm sure that is not the way any of them would have wanted it, but reality has a way of running over fantasy.

A fair part of the reason I choose Tradehill was that I figured that being based in Chili (as best I can determine) it would be that much more difficult for the US authorities to demand their records, though I always assumed for the sake of defensive planning that every action I take is available to any authority who wants it (whether that is the case or not.)

As it happens, all of the transactions I have performed to date are squeaky clean and I have shifted a fair amount of funds around so I have pretty good and documentable reason to have BTC floating around in the ether.  Happy days...well...not as happy as I would have hoped for in certain ways...but anyway...

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 09:18:08 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2011, 02:27:58 PM by FlipPro

Such a silly and trite concern.

To the extent that those "evil early adopters" have tons of coins and can "crash the market at any moment", they are but able to do that once. And if one does it, it hurts the others, so this "evil group" actually has little power or incentive to collude and zero ability to "control" anything in the long term. They can, at worst, cause a huge one-time price crash and this would be a blessing for anyone trying to acquire the coins.

Your concern boils down to deep-seeded antagonism over the fact that some people figured this thing out before you, and the great irony is that people a year from now will have that same antagonism toward you - if you are smart enough to buy at the prices today.
No, I'm pissed off that they are not actively investing the money that they took from me and many others here, on the hundreds of awesome ideas we hear about each and EVERY DAY at BTCTALK.

These ideas aren't going to happen without MONEY you know...

"the great irony is that people a year from now will have that same antagonism toward you"

If this thing makes it that long, and I am seriously in profit, Bitcoins will be marked as a revolutionary breakthrough technology instead of just a geek toy. Lets hope you're right  Grin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: