Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:14:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to Liberland?  (Read 132 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 09:19:20 PM

It's been a while since I haven't heard about Liberland. It was supposed to "launch" some time ago, but everything has been silent lately. The only thing I know about is that they have launched their own digital currency (the Merit token) on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain using the SLP protocol. It would've been great to see a country like Liberland becoming a reality in the mainstream world with its libertarian values. Using Blockchain technology for governance could prove to be a real game changer as it brings true democracy like never before.

As of now, Liberland is more of an idea/dream than anything else. It'll quite a challenge for nations worldwide to recognize a Blockchain-based country. If it ever become a success, I'm guessing that other countries will adopt Liberland's model of using Blockchain for everything.

Does anyone know the "whereabouts" of Liberland? I'd appreciate your input on this. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 02:05:47 PM

Last time I hard of them was Roger Ver posting on r/btc subreddit about collecting founds for a Brazilian charity about covid-19. https://www.liberlandfoundation.org/brazil  It seemed strange since I thought Liberland lays between Serbia and Croatia in Europe.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 03:19:05 PM

Things like that probably need its parallel online/virtual world built before the physical one. And the developers will likely need to implement the ideals of Blockchain/Bitcoin on the physical one to make it a unique success.
I guess the initiators tried things their own way but encounter too many difficulties?
Besides, a good and safe "liberland" shouldn't exist in one location.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 01:40:20 AM

Last time I hard of them was Roger Ver posting on r/btc subreddit about collecting founds for a Brazilian charity about covid-19. https://www.liberlandfoundation.org/brazil  It seemed strange since I thought Liberland lays between Serbia and Croatia in Europe.

If I'm not mistaken, Liberland will have a physical presence in Europe, but it'll "live" entirely on the Blockchain. It's like a virtual country governed by its stakeholders (citizens) participating in a global blockchain network. If Liberland becomes a success, it can be a real game-changer to the way governments operate today. This could bring true democracy and decentralization via the power of Blockchain technology. The fact that Roger Ver is backing Liberland, could indicate us that Liberland is legit. Since the Foundation is accepting PayPal for donations to a Brazilian charity, it's much easier to detect fraud. I doubt they'd want to damage their reputation by scamming people, after all they been through over time.

Nonetheless, time will tell us the outcome of Liberland's developments as the crypto space becomes more widely recognized by people in the mainstream world. I can't find much information about Liberland's Merit Token other than a single article from Bitcoin.com. Supposedly, it had trading pairs on "Altilly" exchange but I can't see them. There's no way to buy/sell "LLM" tokens on the market, so this could raise some concerns to investors. Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: