Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:56:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just think privacy is more important with financials.  (Read 666 times)
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 08:50:29 PM

Posting your Bitcoin address, transaction ID on social media, may not worth it. People can get details of how you spend your money. Using a public address as a public person let's everyone see what you are doing with your money.

But if they is any reason, why u need to post your address or private keys on social media, try to hex code it. Or random people will access your mail. You can hex code with this site www.convertstring.com/EncodeDecode/HexEncode.
~
What is the motivation for someone to do this on social media? show off? or because they want attention so that they use social media inappropriately. Post a private key? are you serious
Well, whatever it is, if you have posted on social media, everyone will know, there is no more privacy. Be wise in using social media, use only as needed to establish communication and find out the latest news. Take care of your privacy, not everyone has to know what you are doing, what you are investing, let alone know your wallet.

Government is able to know the transactions you make when you’re making use of an exchange that is centralized. Centralized exchanges always make reports to the government, but decentralized exchanges has nothing to do with the government and they can never tell what’s happening on decentralized exchanges because they have no access to it and does not control it.

So, if you don’t want the activities you’re into in the crypto community to be known by the government, it would be best that you start making use of decentralized exchanges, if not, then you’re still exposed to them by using centralized ones.
Yes, Centralized exchanges have an obligation to comply with rules related to "exchange businesses" recognized by the government, usually for consumer protection. This choice can not be forced, centralized or decentralized exchange, both have advantages and disadvantages. What is clear, understand the terms and conditions.

kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 05:13:19 AM

Posting your Bitcoin address, transaction ID on social media, may not worth it. People can get details of how you spend your money. Using a public address as a public person let's everyone see what you are doing with your money.

why would i do that?for what reason mate?posting our transactions in social media?it is for private messaging only if needed as proof so posting in sites is a flag for me.
It is impossible to achieve complete confidentiality, even if you completely try to do it. If you will be very much needed, for example, the FBI, then they will find you, you can not even doubt it. The example of the silk road is very indicative here.

I think it is not confidentiality but at least we will do something to keep it private(as long as we can) because hackers now are very Good at it and if you dont make measures then you will be in the target lists.

chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 06:10:01 AM

but most people want to keep their privacy private so the government doesn't know about their transactions. The important thing is that they want to escape taxes and government investigations, they don't even care about those around them. Like me, I'm a pretty nervous person to know that the government is watching me for some purpose. That is why I often choose underground trading places so that the government will not be discovered. I usually trade large amounts to make a little bit of money every day, so trading directly on exchanges like that would be detrimental to me.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2020, 09:54:19 AM

It is true that our privacy is important, but why would you upload your btc address on social media? If you are a Bounty hunter, you should have a Bounty wallet and a personal wallet.

Secondly, why would you upload your private key to a centralized wallet because you want to hide your transaction hash?
that itself is risky or does it mean you use crypto currency wrongly??

Keep your private key safe
Avoid anonymous service and website and follow the true blockchain ideology
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 4372

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2020, 10:18:56 AM

It is impossible to achieve complete confidentiality, even if you completely try to do it. If you will be very much needed, for example, the FBI, then they will find you, you can not even doubt it. The example of the silk road is very indicative here.

There is still a significant difference between personal right to privacy and privacy or rather anonymity that is being used or abused by criminals in facilitating or conducting some illicit activities, for which they must be punished by FBI.

If a person is trying to protect his privacy, it doesn't mean he is trying to commit a bad action that is illegal or dangerous for other people. What it means is that this particular person doesn't want other people to know how many funds he has or on what goods money is being spent. If these goods aren't illegal than he has the right to not tell everyone what he bought.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 09:15:15 PM

Basically, if it relates to the internet there will definitely be loopholes to reveal secrets. If you really want privacy, go to the cave, live individually, don't use the internet. Of course, it's not a wise choice because we will miss many good opportunities from the advancement of civilization. Actually there is nothing that needs to be covered up, privacy is indeed the rights of each, just relax if we do something legal then there is nothing to fear from government supervision.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
panganib999

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2020, 11:44:31 PM

Well of course having privacy is really that important rather than financial because even you have the access to gain source of financial stability, but your privacy is at stake, then it will be nonsense because whatever you will earn will be at risk because your privacy or private information is exposed which is prone to hackers and scammers. Having secured account where you will store your income is really in need because at the modern time we have right now, hackers and scammers do have evolved their ways on how they can get money without the consent of the owner of the account that is why the only thing possible we can do is to secure the privacy, security and safety of our accounts to get rid to those kinds of people around. So better assure not to share nor post private matters online and secure the site where you input such information not to be exposed from hackers.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 07:38:33 PM

For the government to be able to be able to trace you depends on the exchange that you’re making use of. If you make use of centralized exchanges to buy cryptocurrency, the government are going to know about it for sure, they are a centralized exchange and they are going to report everything that is being done on their platform to the government.

But, when you make use of a decentralized exchange I don’t see the possibilities of the government knowing what you’re up to. They can never know because they don’t control over decentralized exchanges and DEXs do not report anything to the government.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 09:29:02 AM

I agree that privacy is more important than finance. Because revealing your financial activities could lead to many problems such as extortion, manipulation, and could be a victim of bad actors. I do not publish my public address on social media for security reasons, it is better to remain anonymous than to show the movement of my digital assets.

retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 12:12:04 AM

snip

So better assure not to share nor post private matters online and secure the site where you input such information not to be exposed from hackers.
That's a very wise move. Most people want privacy but easily share their personal secrets on social media. Isn't that very contradictory? who knows what the motivation is.

Privacy in finance is everyone's dream. We can avoid offering insurance, credit, and loans or the like, when banks know a lot of assets in our account there will certainly be things like that. That gives more privacy disturbance. That is why many people are interested in the system offered by cryptocurrency. Of course, if we choose to have a private bank, then all risks become the responsibility of each.

Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:29:13 AM

Privacy in finance is everyone's dream. We can avoid offering insurance, credit, and loans or the like, when banks know a lot of assets in our account there will certainly be things like that. That gives more privacy disturbance. That is why many people are interested in the system offered by cryptocurrency. Of course, if we choose to have a private bank, then all risks become the responsibility of each.

It is just like the most common scenario here on bitcoin community wherein, people look and see bitcoin as a cryptocurrency for anonymity but they are exposing their self through KYC for the sake of withdrawing their bitcoins. Then it turns out that their identity is exposed. Yes, there are some rules and laws about privacy but who knows about a malicious website intended to gather personal information about people?

To make sure we're secured, we should know the boundaries of our decisions. Make sure that we're only giving out information on trusted local exchanges we know, and not giving it for the sake of bounties and such.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:44:48 AM

If you are posting your Bitcoin address on social media, which by the way are always monitored by government backed agaencies then you are a fool

The first rule is avoid social media if you are concerned about Privacy. The second rule is to never disclose your identity in public or on social media that you deal in cryptocurrency, as there are scammers and criminals waiting for you always.

If you are concerned about Privacy in crypto universe then use privacy specific cryptocurrency rather than bitcoin

There are people who aren't aware about his bitcoin addresses that's why they are the one who are the most vulnerable when it comes to scammers and hackers. Privacy is one of the most essential and crucial thing in cryptocurrency, there are a lot of people who are fooling people and who wants to have access on your accounts that's why you need strong security and privacy in your wallets.

Cryptocurrency is not that easy to manipulate especially when there are people who are good at getting bitcoin addresses of other people. Don't be easily fooled by other people and become aware of your surroundings. You should not post any information about yourself and your accounts because it is really unnecessary to do that.

Keep your information and accounts to yourself only, criminals are very good in victimizing people especially if you are ignorant about cryptocurrency. You should not relate your bitcoin addresses into your social media, because social media is only for you to have communication with your friend and be updated on the happenings around you.
ntsdm1

Activity: 394
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 08:52:52 AM

Although, the government know how we spend our money on crypto market through Exchange. If you convert Fiat to cryptocurrency, they must report your financial transaction or lose the ability to be an exchange in America.  On the contrary, government knows about some transactions happening on Exchanges. So it's Keen to avoid random people to also know about that too. Take some simple measure to ensure your privacy is safer.
In fact, with a great desire, without even publishing your address on social networks, the government can easily track who sold whom to whom and who bought what.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 02:04:38 PM

When it comes to money online or not, I do not want to make it public. Even pulling 1 thousand peso in my wallet in public is not my type. Making public any things that is related to money is eye catching especially to bad people around us. They can just make an advantage to it or to you so that they can stole it from you.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 09:56:58 PM

I really don't mind if the world sees what I'm buying but I prefer privacy if given a choice.
Saddly we are getting less of it and will be getting less of it in future.

What's happening to Monero is a good example. It's getting delisted from exchanges left and right because of its privacy. They are afraid it can be used to launder money but I thought KYC was going to prevent that. If they take all your information and still don't allow you to use privacy coins it's a sign of something bad coming in the near future. Possibly the end of cash payments.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 09:19:13 AM

Actually, both things for me are important, financial and privacy are really important for me, I need financial so I can have things I want and need, it also makes me help my parents and friends whenever they needed, but also privacy is important because in the crypto world safeness is really needed because there are many hackers and scammers in this world and if they know that you are holding a huge amount of money then you will be prone of so many attacks, that is why Satoshi the owner of the bitcoin keeps being anonymous to avoid some thread from hackers.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 10:17:21 AM

Of course, privacy and security are too key factors investors and other customers look out for when searching for avenues to keep their funds. This is why Blockchain technology was created to provide security and privacy in the financial sector. Bitcoin is a classical example.
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 07:15:04 PM

That's right Cool. People really have to be careful when they are making use of their cryptocurrency wallet, and it's not every information about your spendings and other activities that you should be sharing to the public.

If you're making use of an exchange and you need help, you should look for help in the right place, which is by reaching out to their support desk or going through their FAQ and not just post your address stuff like that. Even an open wallet still have a FAQ page that are created by the developers to help you when you need help, or you can still do research with Google.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 09:06:05 PM

I'd never give away my privacy for convenience or easy access that's probably why I'm all in Bitcoin and not all in EUR or USD.

For the government to be able to be able to trace you depends on the exchange that you’re making use of. If you make use of centralized exchanges to buy cryptocurrency, the government are going to know about it for sure, they are a centralized exchange and they are going to report everything that is being done on their platform to the government.

But, when you make use of a decentralized exchange I don’t see the possibilities of the government knowing what you’re up to. They can never know because they don’t control over decentralized exchanges and DEXs do not report anything to the government.

It's not how it works. Your activities are not reported by exchanges right away, especially if you're a foreigner. Don't think that if you buy some Bitcoins on a Korean exchange they will send a message to your local tax office somewhere in Bulgaria or Greece.

metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 10:32:19 PM

Most important your privacy than financial, when your data have publish you lost all your assets because there are many people smart how to get access with your privacy document and your data ID from wallet and exchange account.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: