Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: change Voltage & Frequency using cgminer api  (Read 584 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6366

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 12:53:38 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2020, 12:39:28 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (2)

... since he merits the thread over and over...

He merits the OP 5 times with a total of 12 merit points.

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of the merit system, giving someone merit doesn't mean you promote him, support him, like him or even agreeing to what he wrote, any constructive post that has semi-good valuable information or opens the doors for further useful discussion can be merited.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMusicTube

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 12:37:09 PM

So you have to power cycle the miner pretty much everytime you want to change those settings.

Since when? I've never had to do this on any version of any firmware. BOS restarts the mining software as any sensible person would. It takes seconds.

It looks like cgminer was crippled some time back so you cannot do what you want. In terms of BOS you could edit the config files directly, then just restart the miner.

Given that inverters and smart meters provide all the information required to make these changes in realtime, this should be easy to achieve, but using the API is not the solution. You won't want to do this in realtime, but I can't be bothered to go into the details right now.

It's on my TODO list so I may come back here when I've done this.

Given that BOS+ tunes the parameters anyway, it's obviously possible to do this on the fly, though I don't see any source code making this easy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: