Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will algorithmic stablecoins have a future?  (Read 145 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 14, 2022, 01:26:40 AM

Algorithmic stable coin are doomed to fail, all of them of that type failed to maintain their stable price peg, I do not see future in algorithmic stable coin, it is good not to buy this type of stable coin.

According to the link, USDD is not said to be algorithmic stable coin, or am I getting something wrong about it?

I guess the only way to maintain the peg would be to collaterize the stablecoin. USDD used to be a purely-algorithmic stablecoin, but after what happened with UST, it changed plans. It's now an "over-collaterized" stablecoin meant to give investors peace of mind. Whenever it'll hold its peg to infinity and beyond or simply fade into oblivion, it's yet to be seen. I think people are much safer cashing out their crypto to Fiat than putting all of their life savings in a stablecoin (especially algorithmic ones).

May the UST crash be a valuable lesson to all of those who're greedy. Always remember to never put all of your eggs in one basket, to avoid major losses in the long run. Who knows if algorithmic stablecoins become history in the not-so-distant future? Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: