Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh look! Another covid thread.....  (Read 908 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pugman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 11:56:31 PM

In all seriousness, there are way too many threads regarding covid on this board so creating a new one to get opinions on various matters:

Okay so, pretty much 90% of the world is in lockdown. China, the main source of the virus, isn't on lockdown. How did China manage to withstand the virus out of nowhere, while it was a goddamn plaguefuck of a place for ~3 to 4 months?

Also, countries are severely mad at China, for lying about the virus. Apparently, there is new evidence in light stating the virus originated from the Wuhan Lab, and then it spread through their wet markets, whose existence is being denied by china. China claims there is no such thing as a wet market, while there is a shitload of evidence proving otherwise. To add to this, the US government has officially sued China for the spread of the virus, and for lying about all crucial information about the virus.

Next, I am still shocked on why some countries/states are easing out on the lockdown while the number of cases has been on the rise. The state of Texas is apparently removing their lockdown effective next week. Why, WHY, the number of cases will only rise and become much worse, just like in 1918. I understand that people need to work for an economy to survive, but thus far the precautionary measures taken have been outright awful.

And my oh my, coming out of this pandemic, I don't even know where to begin with. From the looks of it, a lot of countries are gonna shit on chinese markets and ask them to go fuck themselves. This could be a chance for something different to happen, as in inflated countries like Zimbabwe, Venezuela could come out on top as competitors for chinese markets, given enough capital. The recession is going to be tough, the biggest one human kind could have ever possibly imagined, and while US could get away with printing money from thin air, other countries won't. I am hating every single moment of this, thinking about this, and that we have to live through this.

Stay home, stay safe! Take care of you and your family.

Self-moderated thread. Post useless shit, and I will delete your message.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 12:11:02 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (4)

Wuhans had this virus for a good 5 months. I think thereve been coverups all round... While the mainstream thought it was a bad idea for trump to suspend who funding I actually don't think they've done great reporting on this stuff....

Texas is going to reopen because of the activism, like a lot of other states. The governors probably fear the protestor since there's not much of an intelligence test for owning a gun and all the protestor think this is a way for the government to "experiment with taking away their rights" - something I've seen far too much of recently...

The US are going to face massive issues from this, the rest of Europe haven't done too badly with their lockdown, 19000 dead in the UK is surprisingly optimistic since aroun 10000 people die every week anyway (the 19000 are additions but it's over around 5 or 6 weeks afaik) - I found the stats from the ons I think they'll be available as a xls format.

The idea of them coming from the lab to me doesn't seem completely unreasonable. We're talking about a genetic strain from a snake interfering with a mammal (I have no idea what it's name was - some non flying bat thing) or a bat which seems quite unrealistic for it to only enter the population then...

I think someone should've clarified trumps sentiment yesterday too with the "disinfectant" (blood plasma) and UV (synthesising uva or Uvb - I'm not sure which). Blood plasma usage and uv usage would be productive but they'll require a lot of research. Artificial UV causes problems with ionisation and damage since it'll be polarised from a light source (my current theory). The use of UV from the sun allows for a production of vitamin D type which allows for calcium to be broken down and strengthen bone and marrow production (and marrow produces stem cells which turn to antibodies).

(disclaimer: no m.d. and not even a biologist, just a physical scientist equipt with random knowledge of varying level).
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 12:40:05 AM

Okay so, pretty much 90% of the world is in lockdown. China, the main source of the virus, isn't on lockdown. How did China manage to withstand the virus out of nowhere, while it was a goddamn plaguefuck of a place for ~3 to 4 months?

China is on partial lockdown. Multiple cities and counties are completely shut down. Theaters are shut down nationwide. I also assume the official numbers are scrubbed and the ongoing situation is worse than presented, for the sake of economic optimism and saving CCP face.

Where quarantines aren't in place, it could probably be described as a partial or piecemeal reopening, and still quite totalitarian from a western point of view. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/life-after-covid-the-view-from-beijing.html

Also, countries are severely mad at China, for lying about the virus. Apparently, there is new evidence in light stating the virus originated from the Wuhan Lab, and then it spread through their wet markets, whose existence is being denied by china. China claims there is no such thing as a wet market, while there is a shitload of evidence proving otherwise. To add to this, the US government has officially sued China for the spread of the virus, and for lying about all crucial information about the virus.

Conspiracy theorists are pushing the lab origin theory but it doesn't look very convincing: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/04/23/841729646/virus-researchers-cast-doubt-on-theory-of-coronavirus-lab-accident

It wasn't the federal government who sued China, it was the state of Missouri. That lawsuit isn't going anywhere. Cheesy

It's a waste of time directing anger at China in my opinion. I blame the Chinese for COVID-19 as much as I blame England for mad cow disease.

Evidence now shows the corona virus was already circulating inside the US in early January, when China had only just isolated the SARS-CoV-2 genome. This was going to spread out of control no matter what. It moved more quickly and with more stealth than modern science has seen before. https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

Next, I am still shocked on why some countries/states are easing out on the lockdown while the number of cases has been on the rise. The state of Texas is apparently removing their lockdown effective next week. Why, WHY, the number of cases will only rise and become much worse, just like in 1918. I understand that people need to work for an economy to survive, but thus far the precautionary measures taken have been outright awful.

The issue of reopening has been politicized and falls along party lines. Red states say the lockdowns go too far and are preaching fiscal conservatism, and Trump has made things worse by egging them on. https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-liberate-tweet-incites-insurrection-flouting-federal-law-1498791

And my oh my, coming out of this pandemic, I don't even know where to begin with. From the looks of it, a lot of countries are gonna shit on chinese markets and ask them to go fuck themselves. This could be a chance for something different to happen, as in inflated countries like Zimbabwe, Venezuela could come out on top as competitors for chinese markets, given enough capital.

There is strong anti-Chinese sentiment right now but we'll see if it sustains. China still offers cheap labor and raw material costs, weak unionization, and little business or environmental regulations. What it also offers above and beyond countries like that is political stability. Even without sanctions, I still wouldn't be caught dead putting capital investments into Venezuela.

We will see some level of exodus from China, and also some on-shoring (like US businesses moving their Chinese factories back to the US) but it's hard to know how much. I think items related to national security and health care are more likely to be affected than wholesale consumer goods.

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1840

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 02:40:08 AM

Well, China was already on total lockdown way ahead of any other country in the world. When the rest of the world was doing their usual day to day business, China was already very much aware of how the virus is a world more infectious than other viruses. And by the time the rest of the world realized things are getting serious and started to act on it, China has already built hospitals, ramped up production of health equipment and other efforts to curb the spread, and so on.

Furthermore, the country's totalitarian system cannot be overemphasized in their relative success in controlling the spread of COVID-19. When the leaders say stay at home, everybody stays at home. When the leaders order shops and everything to close down, everything will follow. When the leaders say gatherings are not allowed, there are no gatherings. And when the leaders say farmers should continue producing food despite the lockdown, they submit without a question asked. The populace is fully subservient to their leaders. Well, at least in times of pandemic, this must help a lot.

On the contrary, where people have freedom, they party when gatherings are not allowed. They go to the streets when staying at home is highly advised. And where democracy works, responses are snail-paced, bureaucracy is vibrant, and urgent interventions always come late.  

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2127

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 04:43:05 AM

China has lied about their numbers and is still lying, way more people actually died. And they didn't even stop their epidemic yet, there were reports about the second wave recently.

All these ideas that the virus was created in a lab are just conspiracy theories, dozens of researchers independently claim that it comes from wild animals, there's zero evidence that it is artificial. It indeed came from wet markets, because that's were they sell freshly butchered wild animals.

It's reasonable to slowly relax the lockdown if your place is already past the peak new cases, which is happening in many European countries, but is probably not the case with Texas.

And my oh my, coming out of this pandemic, I don't even know where to begin with. From the looks of it, a lot of countries are gonna shit on chinese markets and ask them to go fuck themselves. This could be a chance for something different to happen, as in inflated countries like Zimbabwe, Venezuela could come out on top as competitors for chinese markets, given enough capital. The recession is going to be tough, the biggest one human kind could have ever possibly imagined, and while US could get away with printing money from thin air, other countries won't. I am hating every single moment of this, thinking about this, and that we have to live through this.

If you look at human history, countries almost never face any sort of consequences for their screw-ups, and the bigger the screw-up the lower the chance of it, especially if we are talking about a big player like China. To me this is the saddest part of this who story, China knows well what needs to be done to prevent these pandemics in the future, and they won't do it, because there's no consequences for causing hundreds of thousands of deaths globally.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 05:12:29 AM

Okay so, pretty much 90% of the world is in lockdown.
Not 90%,more like 50%.
Artificial UV causes problems with ionisation and damage since it'll be polarised from a light source (my current theory). The use of UV from the sun allows for a production of vitamin D type which allows for calcium to be broken down and strengthen bone and marrow production (and marrow produces stem cells which turn to antibodies).
There is no such Artificial UV or sun UV, they are the same. What makes UV dangerous or not, is the strenght of it. Actually, exposure to sun long enough without protection can cause as much damage as what you refer to as "artificial UV".

On a side note, they found that most people who had or have the virus are non-smokers,which lead to the theory that nicotine may be used as a treatment for covid-19 (obviously pure nicotine through patchs , not cigarettes). Interesting information: Tobacco isn't the only source of nicotine; we can find it in tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and cabbage (in small quantity). So in theory, most people in the world would test positive to nicotine even if they are non-smokers  Grin

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 05:19:00 AM

Well, China was already on total lockdown way ahead of any other country in the world. When the rest of the world was doing their usual day to day business, China was already very much aware of how the virus is a world more infectious than other viruses. And by the time the rest of the world realized things are getting serious and started to act on it, China has already built hospitals, ramped up production of health equipment and other efforts to curb the spread, and so on.

I think this is one of the plans of China to dominate the market as they want US to suffer from this crisis. China was prepared and ready to handle this virus once this was spread really fast in their country, and it is so suspicious that they already overcome it and they flattened the curve for only 4 months. Their actions are really fast and it is really obvious that it is planned and I think that they already have the vaccine, they just don't share it as soon as possible for them to dominate the economy.

Furthermore, the country's totalitarian system cannot be overemphasized in their relative success in controlling the spread of COVID-19. When the leaders say stay at home, everybody stays at home. When the leaders order shops and everything to close down, everything will follow. When the leaders say gatherings are not allowed, there are no gatherings. And when the leaders say farmers should continue producing food despite the lockdown, they submit without a question asked. The populace is fully subservient to their leaders. Well, at least in times of pandemic, this must help a lot.

When the government told them no to go outside, people should follow the law so that the spread of the virus becomes slow and the rate of transmission becomes smaller. One of the factors and the reason why the number of cases in a certain country suddenly increase is because of the people who are not disciplined enough to stay at home.

For example, in US, the government underestimated the power of the virus that it can kill a lot of people, most especially, elders. President Trump doesn't care at first and he mocked the virus and his racist personality prevail in making actions to fight the virus. That's why the number of cases in their country is getting nearer to 1 million cases.

On the contrary, where people have freedom, they party when gatherings are not allowed. They go to the streets when staying at home is highly advised. And where democracy works, responses are snail-paced, bureaucracy is vibrant, and urgent interventions always come late.  

People should know that laws are implemented just for the sake of their security and safety from the virus and yet, they don't follow the orders of the authority and that's why people should be punished if they are caught having some gathering in the midst of this Covid-19 pandemic. This will help them to become discipline and make them follow the rules because of the fear of sanctions.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1142

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 06:01:03 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2020, 06:20:20 AM by Jawhead999

China have announce to end the lockdown since the data of covid-19 is not extremely again if we look in this chart

It's why china opens his country expecially in wuhan. And also claiming China reports no Covid-19 deaths for first time. China is the biggest liar about the covid-19 fact in their country, the virus is really fast spreading in worldwide. They still hiding the fact about the active cases and total death about this virus.

Honestly this sites https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ didn't counting all of the corona virus cases and death every world, because there are some people still hiding and didn't check to hospital, even if they have the symptoms about corona virus. I can say we still didn't know the real amount covid-19 cases and deaths in this world since the total test from each country doesn't equal from their population. Just take some example in USA total cases is 925,232 people and total tests is 5,037,473 people. The total population of USA is 331,002,651 people now. So it's mean 325,965,178 people is still unknown if they're have corona or not.

Okay so, pretty much 90% of the world is in lockdown.
Not 90%,more like 50%.

On a side note, they found that most people who had or have the virus are non-smokers,which lead to the theory that nicotine may be used as a treatment for covid-19 (obviously pure nicotine through patchs , not cigarettes). Interesting information: Tobacco isn't the only source of nicotine; we can find it in tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and cabbage (in small quantity). So in theory, most people in the world would test positive to nicotine even if they are non-smokers  Grin

According to this sites https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1260709/lockdown-which-countries-are-in-lockdown-how-many-people-coronavirus-cases, below is following list country are in lockdown :
  • South Africa
  • New Zealand
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Colombia
  • India
  • The UK
  • Australia
  • China
  • Jordan
  • Argentina
  • Israel
  • Belgium
  • France
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Kuwait
  • Ireland
  • Norway
  • Denmark
  • El Salvador
  • Indonesia
  • Germany
  • Portugal
  • Czech Republic
  • Slovenia
  • Poland
  • Lebanon
  • Russia
  • Greece
  • Malaysia
  • Morocco
  • Kenya
  • Canada
  • Lithuania
  • Hungary
  • Singapore
  • Dubai
  • Panama
  • Peru
  • Thailand
  • Latvia
  • The Maldives
  • North Korea
  • Qatar
  • Slovakia
  • Ukraine
  • Croatia
  • Sweden.

Note : China ends the lockdown now, so the new count of countries are in lockdown is 48. And the total countries in worldwide is 195

The percentage of countries are in lock down is : 48 x 100%/195 = 24.61%
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 06:13:00 AM

In all seriousness, there are way too many threads regarding covid on this board so creating a new one to get opinions on various matters:

Stay home, stay safe! Take care of you and your family.

Self-moderated thread. Post useless shit, and I will delete your message.
  You should understand that Donald Trump is one of the most economically viable presidents, and his hustle to reopen states gradually is understandable. He realized that if it lasted longer, the unemployment and debt rates would be more and more. and that would be totally bad for the US economy so he had to choose states with low infection rates to reopen. This is a risky decision, but if it is not reopened, the country's economy will be greatly affected.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 07:36:00 AM

If you look at human history, countries almost never face any sort of consequences for their screw-ups, and the bigger the screw-up the lower the chance of it, especially if we are talking about a big player like China. To me this is the saddest part of this who story, China knows well what needs to be done to prevent these pandemics in the future, and they won't do it, because there's no consequences for causing hundreds of thousands of deaths globally.

What needs to be done? Stop the farming and consumption of wild animals? The government has already banned it, although people are doubtful the state can enforce the ban effectively. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/asia/china-coronavirus-wildlife-consumption-ban-intl-hnk/index.html

In truth we can't be sure the Wuhan market was even the source of the outbreak: https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-outbreak-september-not-wuhan-1498566

Based on the data Forster and his colleagues have collected, the coronavirus outbreak appears to have started between September 13 and December 7.

He said it is possible the outbreak did not originate in Wuhan, as until January 17, almost all the isolates were type B. In Guangdong, a province about 500 miles from Wuhan, seven of the 11 isolates were type A.

In December, the first cluster of cases was traced back to a seafood market in Wuhan, leading some to suggest this is where the virus first emerged. But as we learn more about the virus, this version of events appears less likely. A study published in the Lancet showed some of the first people infected with the virus did not have direct contact with the market.

Another team of scientists think the corona virus may have been spreading in humans (maybe for years) before an adaptation event made it much more infectious, allowing the pandemic to take hold: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3077442/coronavirus-pathogen-could-have-been-spreading-humans-decades

“It is possible that a progenitor of SARS-CoV-2 jumped into humans, acquiring the genomic features described above through adaptation during undetected human-to-human transmission,” they said in the paper.

“Once acquired, these adaptations would enable the pandemic to take off and produce a sufficiently large cluster of cases to trigger the surveillance system that detected it.”

The findings by Western scientists echoed the mainstream opinion among Chinese researchers.

Zhong Nanshan, who advises Beijing on outbreak containment policies, had said on numerous occasions that there was growing scientific evidence to suggest the origin of the virus might not have been in China.

“The occurrence of Covid-19 in Wuhan does not mean it originated in Wuhan,” he said last week.

As time passes, almost all of the early assumptions made about this pathogen have turned out wrong or at least questionable.

abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 2222

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 08:37:12 AM

The recession is going to be tough, the biggest one human kind could have ever possibly imagined, and while US could get away with printing money from thin air, other countries won't. I am hating every single moment of this, thinking about this, and that we have to live through this.

Everyone in the world will think like you, unfortunately, many governments of a country still follow the IMF's advice, they follow what the IMF suggests, not do what is practiced by China, America, Japan, South Korea, Japan, Germany, namely printing money.

COVID-19 is a storyline with two players, namely the United States with unknown devils and China with little WHO interference. Corona was originally used by Trump as biological warfare to repel China but was leaked to WHO by China so that China did not remain silent and immediately spread back in America.

But not China if it does not do copying and modification. Knowing this, China bought up large amounts of personal safety equipment from around the world, so that when other countries were exposed. China has multiplied in profits. Proven in Indonesia, the assistance received from China is all made in Indonesia. Even China is aggressively providing assistance to many countries.

The agenda of selling vaccines for 7 billion people in the world is an agenda between China and the shadow behind the democratic party which is supported by the health and pharmaceutical industry. When the Obama era they got a big advantage with Obama care. but the Trump era was all eliminated because Trump was more concerned with security and oil defense. This has caused Trump's anger towards the pharmaceutical and health industries in America, which initially supported Trump and then turned towards the democrats and supported Joe Bidden. The reason why Barnie stepped down was that he did not have the support of the American oligarchy.

I assume the end of the trade war is the beginning of the military war. Now many of the world's military is checking the dominance of US military power. Statement by Chinese military officials and Chinese defense observers that the United States military strength is declining due to the pandemic effect. China carried out its military deployment in the South China Sea and also continued to conduct war exercises in the midst of the Corona outbreak is a form of trying to see the response of the United States. Many American aircraft carriers dropped anchors so that America could only ask for Japanese assistance to patrol.

Now we think simply if COVID-19 attacking medical personnel, military personnel, and the police, automatically the forefront of the war will disappear and will disrupt the health, defense, security of a country which in turn causes a national security threat to a country like what is happening to America today.

There are currently concurrent military actions in the Strait of Hormuz by Iran, in Vladivostok by Russia and Pyong Pyang by North Korea, all of which are testing the US military on its critical point now. Under these conditions, each country must have a contingency plan.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 02:03:12 PM

Actually this is what the Communist Party wants you to think.

China had one of the worst and delayed actions in the world. Let's look at the numbers, not at bs propaganda.

The first case was recorded on December 1.
16 December 46 cases.
On December 31 China says there is no "human to human transmission"
19 January two cases outside Wuhan confirmed.
24 January, Wuhan enters lockdown.

It took the Chinese between 55 and 39 days to lock Wuhan.

Let's look at Italy:
First confirmed case: 31 January
Lombardy enters lockdown 8th of March
That is  38 days.

If we look at Spain mainland, the reaction was way faster
The first case on February 26, lockdown 16th of March, only 20 days.

So, no, China had one of the worst responses, but it's way ahead of everybody at propaganda.

Welcome to bitcointalk, I'm sure you're feeling like home here with those ideas!
How about this: if the government wouldn't have lied nothing would have happened?

Note : China ends the lockdown now, so the new count of countries are in lockdown is 48. And the total countries in worldwide is 195
The percentage of countries are in lock down is : 48 x 100%/195 = 24.61%

Just India, Indonesia, Russia, and Germany on that list make 24% of the world population.
Countries outside the top 100, with dependencies and autonomous territories, barely have the population of Pakistan.

What needs to be done? Stop the farming and consumption of wild animals? The government has already banned it, although people are doubtful the state can enforce the ban effectively. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/asia/china-coronavirus-wildlife-consumption-ban-intl-hnk/index.html

In truth we can't be sure the Wuhan market was even the source of the outbreak: https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-outbreak-september-not-wuhan-1498566

They will not stop anything, they've claimed to do the same in 2003 and we're back in the same situation.
Some people look at this wildmeat trade from the wrong perspective, a lot of my friends think they eat those because it's cheap meat when it' actually the opposite. Let's ignore the trafficked meat, like the now-famous pangolin which was sold at around 700$ a kilo, let's look at...rats!

“The price of rats is also good, at least 160 yuan per kilogram. Restaurant demand often exceeds supply.” Pork, China’s staple meat, currently trades at around 30 yuan per kilogram
At 25$ per kilo is just as expensive as the special matured beef steak here in Europe.

Those that eat this meat are not the poor, guess who can afford those delicacies?The ones that can also make the laws!
When raw bear bile sells for 24k/$, you think they will stop this trade?
If it makes money and it's sought by the elites, they will never ban it. Never!

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3408

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 03:09:45 PM

I don't really enjoy any of the covid talk, it's tiring and in my work, I'm not now required by clients who want to hop on trending hashtags to also add elements of it to the work I do, which feels almost tasteless to me, but there we go, we need to eat. But since it's you, here are some random (?) thoughts to add to that element:

1. Most governments in the developed world are taking care of those who lost work. Where I am, they will earn at least 90% of their salary if they lose their income or jobs, and in worst-case scenario, they will get on welfare. This is the same in many countries around me.
2. In my home country, government is giving small stimulus packages, like in the US. Instant cash to help, moratoriums on bank loans. But for the majority of people, this will run out in weeks, and doesn't help them pay rent or bills. People already are starving now, people I know are already moving out of homes to consolidate space and bills. Some close to me are moving back to villages to farm. Drastic life changes just so they can eat.
3. I'm in a weird position. Not qualified for anything in my resident country, nor for the aid back home because I don't live there. If I lose my income, there is no fallback plan, I already have seen paycuts, and many of those like me are in deep, deep trouble. So I look around and see people depressed by cabin fever, depressed by lack of contact, but I'm instead squeezing so much more work into my hours in anticipation of shit getting worse. It's not a complaint or a rant. I just wonder how many are like me. Making sure we get every bit of income we can now because it will dry up even more.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 03:34:20 PM

matters that have already been discussed countless of times in the hundreds of coronavirus threads that keep polluting the forum on a daily basis, and yet you decided to create another one...Great idea...Enough astroturfing!!!

Also, this thread should be moved (or nuked) to the Politics & Society board .

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 06:10:17 PM

I'm in a weird position. Not qualified for anything in my resident country, nor for the aid back home because I don't live there. If I lose my income, there is no fallback plan, I already have seen paycuts, and many of those like me are in deep, deep trouble. So I look around and see people depressed by cabin fever, depressed by lack of contact, but I'm instead squeezing so much more work into my hours in anticipation of shit getting worse. It's not a complaint or a rant. I just wonder how many are like me. Making sure we get every bit of income we can now because it will dry up even more.

that's the norm IMO. only a minority is working from home and not feeling any economic pinch from this. i'm slightly annoyed by the "cabin fever" crowd. it must be nice if your worst problem is being bored at home! first world problems, as they say.

hung58bitcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 10:29:45 PM

I completely agree with your point of view that people should stay home to avoid spreading this new strain of Corona virus. Currently, there are many applications that work online to help the company's operations run normally. I will mention some good applications such as Zoom, Goolge Meet, .. People can exchange work content with each other through these applications. And the government must have tougher sanctions on some people who deliberately violate crowds. Only when the vaccine is prevented, the world economy will begin to recover.
Gozie51

Activity: 2436
Merit: 614

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 11:12:47 PM

As for the China not on the lockdown, they have been lockdown since maybe January and relaxing the lockdown order for businesses to continue. Although, from the way things have gone in this covid-19 problem, there are rumour that the disease did not spread across all the states of China. If this is true, it means there is a missing link that the world need to understand.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1840

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:26:29 AM
Merited by exstasie (1)

I guess it is not worth comparing China and Italy or Spain. The first ever COVID-19 case was in China. Where specifically in Wuhan it actually originated, I know not, but that type of corona virus was novel. It was not recorded in any book yet. Therefore, China was facing something new. It didn't have any clue at first. It had to familiarize itself with the enemy while already facing it. They started from scratch. When the spread of the virus reached Italy and Spain, it was not a completely strange virus anymore. Somehow, the cases in China have already taught them a lot.

China had one of the worst responses, but it's way ahead of everybody at propaganda.

I tend to agree with the latter but not the former, to be fair.

~snip~

How about this: if the government wouldn't have lied nothing would have happened?

Nothing is an extreme possibility, especially because while the virus was infecting people while remaining unknown at the same time, the whole world was business as usual.

But it was certainly China's fault not heeding the very early warning raised by one of its doctors. It was even utter stupidity dismissing the legitimate warning as a mere case of rumour-mongering and worse even detaining him instead.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
franziskakuhn

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 03:23:15 AM

China makes vaccines for the corona virus, scientists there test vaccines for volunteers, and it seems the US also doesn't want to lose to China and makes the corona vaccine.
these two countries are CHINA and the US, competing to make covid-19 vaccines that are safe for the human body,

The state of Texas is apparently removing their lockdown

California, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Washington, Tennessee, and Illinois saw protesters gather in large numbers - many who did not practice social distance or followed government guidelines intended to prevent the spread of the corona virus - demanding that their governor reopen states.
news source https://www.newsweek.com/protest-lockdown-stay-home-orders-coronavirus-covid-19-texas-california-1498897
Gozie51

Activity: 2436
Merit: 614

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 10:34:34 AM

China makes vaccines for the corona virus, scientists there test vaccines for volunteers, and it seems the US also doesn't want to lose to China and makes the corona vaccine.
these two countries are CHINA and the US, competing to make covid-19 vaccines that are safe for the human body,

Please, I hope they be sincere and not to make substance that be dangerous to human being and society too. The world is already facing instability in every area. We want a sincere vaccine and good for every continent of the world.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄