Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:27:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OT posts to Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22]  (Read 64 times)
alevlaslo (OP)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 03:50:14 AM

That's where y'all get it wrong at, y'all keep trying to brute force the whole space. You have to know exactly where the range of the address is in then brute force that.

But you can't know within what range was the private key of the address once it was chosen. Can you explain it a little more? I'm not an expert.

First of all you should be going after addresses with its public key already exposed. That's 2^128 search range right there. You should be generating addresses/keys from the desired public key. The next step would be to find a partial collision of the key and brute force the remaining of the key or half 2^128 to 2^64.

is there a probability of calculating the key in 1 second?

Sale the first NFT of the first foto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 10:22:30 AM

That's where y'all get it wrong at, y'all keep trying to brute force the whole space. You have to know exactly where the range of the address is in then brute force that.

But you can't know within what range was the private key of the address once it was chosen. Can you explain it a little more? I'm not an expert.

First of all you should be going after addresses with its public key already exposed. That's 2^128 search range right there. You should be generating addresses/keys from the desired public key. The next step would be to find a partial collision of the key and brute force the remaining of the key or half 2^128 to 2^64.

Its just 1 out of whatever the search range is
johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 01:23:10 PM

I forgot nothing.  The 296 is divided out of (slightly less than) 2256 valid private/public keypairs, for the 2160 search space that I stated.

You clearly have no fucking idea what you are talking about.  Also, you are a spammer peddling a scam program with posts that are off-topic on the Vanitygen thread.

Oh, this is interesting discussion topic for me. I have one interlocutor in Telegram, which trying to convince me that it's a good idea to bruteforce old private keys (especially P2PK) and derive money from it. And it's going almost one year, all this time I tried  to explane to him that 2^160 0f private keys (despite there is 2^256 valid keys, i think you know that from left and right side there is technical restrictions to number which can be a private key. It means that Bitcoin Core or Electrum will never return to you private key which is 0 for example.
And from right side, it's also restriction, because numbers which is larger than 0xfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffebaaedce6af48a03bbfd25e8cd0364141 can return more than one public key) it's to much for bruteforcing, even if we are eventalking about speeds like Ppass/s (P means Peta, or 10^15).

For some hardware (abstract i mean) which gives us the speed of 71 Gp/s (71 * 10^9, it's like a 36 millions of GeForce 2080 Ti) it will take 65 million of years to bruteforce 2^160 space. This is if we trying to find one specify address. Or (65*10^6 years) / 590000 to find at least one address with more than one btc.

Oh wait, it will be just a 110 years -___-
So we just need 36 millions * 110 to find at least one bitcoin during one year. Nullius, you should be more attentive to your words, you know (sarcasm, some people for sure will not catch it)

And now this person told me, that there is a secret cast of bruteforce hackers which deriving bitcoins and laughing on naive people. Some sort of conspiracy theory, lol. Whatever...

But from another side, there is sunrise of things like "programmable logic device, PLD" which, compared to ordinary CPU or GPU, can create really high pefomance in meaning of doing one needed task. So in near future (i think in 10-20 years) 2^256 keys can be not enough and business of "finding a treasures" meaning "using PLD and trying to catch in space of 590000 addresses" can become reality.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7997

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 02:32:56 PM

Please create a new thread for this rather than cluttering up a perfectly good thread about Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22].
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: