Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:07:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the day Matthew N. Wright deletes his BitcoinTalk account.  (Read 2791 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:36:28 AM

I bet 0.00000069 that Atlas is retarded.

The transaction fee was 742 times the size of my bet. Do I win a prize?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 07:10:15 AM

The game is quite simple: Whoever predicts the day and time Matthew N. Wright deletes his account* on the BitcoinTalk forum (or comes closest to it), wins all the Bitcoins in the address above.

*by moderator

Is that an over complicated way of saying "when Matthew's account is deleted" or does this specifically mean if it's deleted by moderator (like 'suicide by cop')?

Also, any word on the domain you're giving 'as a gift'? You seem to be ignoring my inquiries, which to normal people would suggest a lack of intention to provide.

Jake
Donator

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Happy New Year!

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 07:15:27 AM

I bet 0.00000069 that Atlas is retarded.

The transaction fee was 742 times the size of my bet. Do I win a prize?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paw_2EJBzFs&

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 07:19:54 AM

Is that an over complicated way of saying "when Matthew's account is deleted" or does this specifically mean if it's deleted by moderator (like 'suicide by cop')?

Probably he intends this to work like an assassination market. Mods can't delete accounts, though, and no admin would do so and also collect the bounty.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 07:31:30 AM

Probably he intends this to work like an assassination market. Mods can't delete accounts, though, and no admin would do so and also collect the bounty.

I take that as an intent to conspire with a mod to collect the bounty that I have so generously placed. I shall be filing fraud and conspiracy charges on the morrow. Probably some for libel and defamation of character, as well as assault and intimidation. In for a penny, in for a pound. This is going to get ugly.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 11:07:21 AM

Which would mean the condition "deleted by moderator" can never be reached which in turn leads to the jackpot never being paid out. Which in turn means the whole thing is a scam. Which again means that Atlas should be dressed in a nice Scammer tag.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 11:24:43 AM

You don't generally delete accounts when you ban someone though, do you?  Don't you only delete them when a poster has removed most of the content and then asks a mod to delete the account, leaving the remaining posts as showing "Anonymous" as the poster?  Matthew's ego's far too large for him to ever ask you to do that.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 05:06:55 PM

Another day, another post by Atlas begging for people to send him bitcoins "to hold".

What's hilarious is you've postulated that Matthew cannot himself bet, but you have no way of preventing collusion.  This is a perfect example of how you spend about half a minute on all your ideas that involve other people giving you money.

So whats the update on the graphics designer you hired for 5 BTC?  Surely if you're trustworthy and offered a good wage, you have something to show for it?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:41:59 PM

Why is it so relevant to your happiness, Jalum?
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:47:21 PM

Heh. I always go by GMT.

No, that's your answer when people remind you that you forgot to specify it.  Every one of these stupid contests you post involves a whole bunch of rules clarification because you don't think things through, and even then, it just gets abandoned.  Have you ever proposed a contest and actually seen it through to the end?  You couldn't even finish your "last post in this thread gets 1BTC" contest.  Face it, you're an idiot and you've never done anything remotely close to displaying the trustworthiness you boast about.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:48:05 PM

Heh. I always go by GMT.

No, that's your answer when people remind you that you forgot to specify it.  Every one of these stupid contests you post involves a whole bunch of rules clarification because you don't think things through, and even then, it just gets abandoned.  Have you ever proposed a contest and actually seen it through to the end?  You couldn't even finish your "last post in this thread gets 1BTC" contest.  Face it, you're an idiot and you've never done anything remotely close to displaying the trustworthiness you boast about.

That's your perspective.
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 06:57:19 PM

That's your perspective.

Please prove my perspective wrong by linking to contests you've started and finished.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 07:00:54 PM

That's your perspective.

Please prove my perspective wrong by linking to contests you've started and finished.

Heh. Several but I don't have anything to prove to you. Your claim has little value to me.

Matthew, it will come when I get a response from KalyHost.
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:07:10 PM

Like anybody is going to trust Atlas of all bitcoiners to pay out on a bet.

Wow guys, come on. All you do is rip on each other. Why not put your energy to productive use? Both of you has contributed in the past, and you could do it again. Just sayin...

I think Atlas has a great potential for writing and possibly even management over time. I am not ripping on him.  Undecided

Are you insane?  Atlas frequently misuses words and phrases, quite often the the point of unintentionally contradicting his own statements, and I have Korean middle school students with a better grasp of grammar than he does.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 05:53:23 PM

Like anybody is going to trust Atlas of all bitcoiners to pay out on a bet.

Wow guys, come on. All you do is rip on each other. Why not put your energy to productive use? Both of you has contributed in the past, and you could do it again. Just sayin...

I think Atlas has a great potential for writing and possibly even management over time. I am not ripping on him.  Undecided

Are you insane?  Atlas frequently misuses words and phrases, quite often the the point of unintentionally contradicting his own statements, and I have Korean middle school students with a better grasp of grammar than he does.
It was sarcasm. Sad

TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 10:03:34 AM

Show me one victim. One.

Any person who visited your website while you were covertly running that javascript bitcoin miner.

You said it yourself in the SA thread, you have no problem with theft as long as you steal only a small amount from each person.  You tried to equate it with conversation, somehow, which only works if you are talking to them to distract them from the fact you are picking their pocket.

So there you go, you are an admitted thief. Further, you even admit that you don't feel the slightest bit of guilt about it. That is more than enough reason to call you untrustworthy.

Funny, for someone so into objectivism, you really have a hard time getting how your reputation has made you a total joke here.  You really haven't completed anything.  How's that Woolong device going?  By your timetable, the prototype should be complete.  Post some videos of it in action.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 12:03:34 PM

Retarded ass thread perfect for the off-topic section. Good job Atlas!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: