Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:44:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will anyone lend me 65Bitcoins if I pay you 50 back in Jan and 50 back in Feb???  (Read 866 times)
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 01:19:07 AM

Will anyone lend me 65Bitcoins if I pay you 50 back in Jan and 50 back in Feb???

14jBzHVotXngJngBX1G5ZDnsG1YqT7Po7m

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 01:33:23 AM

You can also find me at -

https://www.facebook.com/matthewholt79

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107122379910556102539/posts

https://twitter.com/#!/Matt_H_79

https://joindiaspora.com/people/78532

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 02:10:46 AM

What will you do if 50 Bitcoins is worth a relatively large sum by February? 
Assuming you're an honest guy who fully intends to pay your debts - you're taking on an open ended liability given that the market is volatile and prone to irrationality.

Also - while it's nice you link to a real world identity, It unfortunately would still be difficult for many(most) to trust you.

It's sad, but often people who rip others off don't hide their identity. There are true sociopaths amongst us who will find ways to justify in their own minds why they deserve other people's stuff, and they tend to know the limits to which the law can be used even when you know who you're dealing with.

Good luck anyway..  I suspect you'll need to find someone local to even have a chance with this.
Also.. *why* do you need them?        If it's to convert to your local currency - then you should probably ask for the loan denominated in that.

e.g  Please loan me USD$150  in BTC  and I'll pay you back $200 in BTC.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 02:40:01 AM

I have no money to buy Bitcoins (and it's my first buy and I'm finding it difficult to get them) for four weeks then it's Christmas.  Although the Bitcoins are to buy goods to resell on for Bitcoins in the Christmas rush I can say no more.  The money will probably be paid back before Christmas Eve if all goes well.  If business is slow then it will be over into January and then February.  What I'm asking is if the money is paid back by Christmas eve it will be 70Bitcoins and if into January 80Bitcoins then into February the full 100Bitcoins.  Anyone who pays the Bitcoins to the above address will be paid back to those conditions guaranteed no further communication required .

julz
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 02:50:11 AM

And if bitcoins go up to $10 in between when you buy and resell your goods?

That $10 thingy you bought for around 5 BTC  -  fetches only say 1.5 BTC when you sell it at $15.     How are you going to pay back the full BTC amount?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 02:53:03 AM

I have no money to buy Bitcoins (and it's my first buy and I'm finding it difficult to get them) for four weeks then it's Christmas.  Although the Bitcoins are to buy goods to resell on for Bitcoins in the Christmas rush I can say no more.  The money will probably be paid back before Christmas Eve if all goes well.  If business is slow then it will be over into January and then February.  What I'm asking is if the money is paid back by Christmas eve it will be 70Bitcoins and if into January 80Bitcoins then into February the full 100Bitcoins.  Anyone who pays the Bitcoins to the above address will be paid back to those conditions guaranteed no further communication required .

Matthew, you should try dialcoin.com . You can use your unused mobile credit from your cellphone to 'cash it out' in bitcoins.

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 03:03:31 AM

I know I'm asking for a lot of trust but if I default until February you've made a 35Bitcoin profit.  Will probably have sorted out a cash loan off a mate by tomorrow anyway or very soon.  Was just seeing if the internet was quicker.  You can check my online abodes but was hoping on deleting them all soon apart from DIASPORA* and with that I was hoping to move to a UK pod soon.

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 03:37:19 AM

I have no money to buy Bitcoins (and it's my first buy and I'm finding it difficult to get them) for four weeks then it's Christmas.  Although the Bitcoins are to buy goods to resell on for Bitcoins in the Christmas rush I can say no more.  The money will probably be paid back before Christmas Eve if all goes well.  If business is slow then it will be over into January and then February.  What I'm asking is if the money is paid back by Christmas eve it will be 70Bitcoins and if into January 80Bitcoins then into February the full 100Bitcoins.  Anyone who pays the Bitcoins to the above address will be paid back to those conditions guaranteed no further communication required .

Matthew, you should try dialcoin.com . You can use your unused mobile credit from your cellphone to 'cash it out' in bitcoins.

I need 65Bitcoins ASAP not 0.839Bitcoins for £5.00 pfft

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 03:49:35 AM

I need 65Bitcoins ASAP not 0.839Bitcoins for £5.00 pfft

Although it's not typically the smartest thing to do to buy large volume of BTC through Dialcoin yet, it seems 65BTC instantly through Dialcoin would cost your phone bill £387 (about $600USD) based on your country and carrier selection. For your specific case that would be about 4x the price of bitcoins at normal exchange rate right now. Only use it if it's an emergency, but it's there just the same.

julz
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 03:57:01 AM

Although it's not typically the smartest thing to do to buy large volume of BTC through Dialcoin yet, it seems 65BTC instantly through Dialcoin would cost your phone bill £387 (about $600USD) based on your country and carrier selection. For your specific case that would be about 4x the price of bitcoins at normal exchange rate right now. Only use it if it's an emergency, but it's there just the same.

Presumably if bitcoin prices go a lot higher then dialcoin will become a more attractive option.
I know this isn't the thread for it..  but while it's come up,  roughly what proportion of the difference is a fixed cost and what proportion is a percentage?     Does it vary greatly by country/provider?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 04:12:03 AM

Presumably if bitcoin prices go a lot higher then dialcoin will become a more attractive option.
I know this isn't the thread for it..  but while it's come up,  roughly what proportion of the difference is a fixed cost and what proportion is a percentage?     Does it vary greatly by country/provider?

I can answer that by saying that from Australia to Nigeria, we pay anywhere from high 50% to even 90% to SMS carriers depending on the local processors. US/Canada is almost ready for immediate rollout (wanted to wait until we had our merchant API up first), but that will be the lowest rate (much lower than 50%).

julz
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 04:38:06 AM

ahh.. that's a nasty cut they take.
Well it's good you've got the infrastructure in place as an alternative way to get BTC anyway. Hopefully with increased volume and competition amongst SMS/phone providers you'll be able to get it down a little eventually.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: