Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies are safer with top altcoins  (Read 5220 times)
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:29:55 AM

I would safe newbies are safer with Bitcoin. BTC should be the first investment if you have never heard about cryptocurrency market. Only after a while you can start choosing altcoins for investments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:37:58 AM

I would safe newbies are safer with Bitcoin. BTC should be the first investment if you have never heard about cryptocurrency market. Only after a while you can start choosing altcoins for investments.
as major currency in crypto market , bitcoin be the safest coin now. although it has high volatility but most of investors give huge portion in their portofolio. and for alltcoin we could our own research in market. and top 100 cmc still be priority in our list.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:43:42 AM

Seek for more crypto knowledge before investing in new projects, it's not always that easy to choose, as a newbie it's better to stick with old top altcoins on coinmarketcap, why? Because many newbie are in rush to make fast returns, if you are this type pls go for better top coins, 90% of new coins aren't serious at all, they are here to steal money from investors and give fake promises in return

Newbies are safer with top altcoins until they start learning how to choose wisely, do better diggings on new project to avoid scams

Cov-19 have been used to scam many newbies and even Corona virus coins are built too which have no real use cases

Play safe and be willing to learn
Not all top altcoins are good, for example BSV but they are better than investing in new altcoins, you did have a point, I would like to add that ethereum, litecoin, BNB, BCH are all good altcoins but Bitcoin is the safest

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:52:43 AM

Bitcoin (BTC) is the safest coin for all newbies, I've never regretted buying Bitcoin, and also top exchanges tokens are doing so well, huobi, binance, Okex can bring good ROI in short term holding but still Bitcoin is the safest option
reallester

Activity: 646
Merit: 102

http://Moonbet.io

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:57:21 AM

Seek for more crypto knowledge before investing in new projects, it's not always that easy to choose, as a newbie it's better to stick with old top altcoins on coinmarketcap, why? Because many newbie are in rush to make fast returns, if you are this type pls go for better top coins, 90% of new coins aren't serious at all, they are here to steal money from investors and give fake promises in return

Newbies are safer with top altcoins until they start learning how to choose wisely, do better diggings on new project to avoid scams

Cov-19 have been used to scam many newbies and even Corona virus coins are built too which have no real use cases

You are right. But it would be nice for newbies to do due research on any project before investing their monies in it. Bitcoin I can say is very safe for both newbies and oldies. Investing in bitcoin is safe. Ethereum too is a safe coin to invest anytime. But DYOR before making any investments.

Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:58:50 AM

Only idiots fall in covid-19 scam coins. You're right about top altcoins, they are safe at least. Maybe they do not give high return but if top altcoins crash, you will not lose too much, altcoins only crash about 2-10% in bad market, it's an affordable loss in crypto investing.

DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:00:09 AM

Not all top altcoins, EOS, BSV aren't good enough, I would like to add ripple but not too bad, I belief EOS AND BSV will lose their rank in near future, as good as EOS platform is they are ruining everything with their ridiculous wallets, CPU and RAM issue affecting many users
0verseer

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:56:57 AM

You're spot on how newbies so much gung-ho and want some action with their fund.
This is why instead jump in altcoin right away, first you need to learn the rope and some basic by starting with top coin.
LazerPanther

Activity: 334

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:04:25 AM

Bitcoin (BTC) is the safest coin for all newbies, I've never regretted buying Bitcoin, and also top exchanges tokens are doing so well, huobi, binance, Okex can bring good ROI in short term holding but still Bitcoin is the safest option
I agree bitcoin is a good currency. But it is not as profitable as other altcoins. In this market if you want to be profitable, you need to take risks, in addition you need to have experience in this market to be able to make a profit. If you are inexperienced, you will definitely lose even if you invest in bitcoin
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:26:34 AM

It is very true that, coins can be listed in the top 10 on exchange through some manipulations and get people deceived by investing in them.  I prefer choosing coins based on products and utility.  There are few altcoins that have really been established and they have stood the test of time several years such as ETH, XLM, XRP and some others. I think these newbies are safer investing in them than choosing based on the ranking on the exchanges.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:26:45 AM

In as much as I agree with you that newbies are better off with top altcoins I wish to say this does not only apply to newbies but also to a certain number of other people. Most altcoins are not serious and that's it, reason why you see people still having the mindset that only Bitcoin or probably ETH, or maybe top 50 are worth holding. But since the matter is about newbies, then yes, they need to stay with top altcoins most especially when they have no trusted person to teach and direct them. I also came across the Corona virus coin and wasn't surprised when I heard one of them exited scam, hence another reason for newbies to be careful of most new projects.

Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 08:35:12 AM

The crypto currency market is not aware of whether you are a newbie or a professional
You do not need to be a professional trader to be safe, what you do need is is to follow the right standards thst accompanies trading.

And always do your own research
Jancuki

Activity: 789

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:44:36 AM

Indeed it can be said that this is the safest under these circumstances. However, you can also try with other altcoins (besides the top altcoins) provided you have your own mentor who is truly experienced. I think this can also be an alternative as well as increase your insight in trading.
plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 08:55:27 AM

Just like what others said here, it's always a good idea to stick with the top-performing altcoins in the market especially if you are a beginner. It's true that most of the newbie wants to have fast returns when they made their first cryptocurrency investment that's why it is also one of the factors why they ended up encountering scam projects. Even me, I will also suggest investing in bitcoin if you are a newbie but, we can't change the fact that there are some newbies who are afraid of investing in bitcoin because it was mostly used in scam or fraud. Speaking with the top-performing cryptocurrency, I usually invest in these coins which are Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Binance coin. Investing in other top altcoins is also a brilliant idea, especially if you will invest in the big ones, but it is better if you'll focus and prioritize on bitcoin when it comes to cryptocurrency investment.

Corona coin/Corona is one of the sh*tcoin on the market that I have seen and do not ever invest in new projects that sounds shady or scam.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1652

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 08:56:47 AM

A top altcoin is a rather subjective term. If you are talking about top coins based on rankings here is an example.
In December 2017, IOTA was ranked 6th and valued at over $5. https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20171219/
Today they are #25 and valued $0.17.

What you would consider top today can change quickly. 

The price of almost all altcoins in relation to 2017 decreased by 70-90%. Therefore, the situation you indicated in the example with YOTA applies to all altcoins. Bitcoin also lost some of its value and on some days this loss reached 85% of the maximum price of 2017. This confirms that the cryptocurrency market is very volatile.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 09:00:18 AM

That's the wrong belief of some newbies---"fast returns". Crypto coins unstable price will not give you an easy and quick returns. We can't actually predict when is the exact time will it pump.

On the other hand, choosing top altcoins to invest may still be a good idea but not always. There are still altcoins not on the top list but worth to buy and worth to invest your money especially when your purpose is for long term investment.
bluebit25

Activity: 1596
Merit: 289

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 09:20:47 AM

Not all top altcoins, EOS, BSV aren't good enough, I would like to add ripple but not too bad, I belief EOS AND BSV will lose their rank in near future, as good as EOS platform is they are ruining everything with their ridiculous wallets, CPU and RAM issue affecting many users
The leading altcoins in this market will not bring investors too large profits. It only helps them to be safer in this market because the top altcoins are less prone to collapse and manipulation. We should have our own research and choose altcoins according to our research

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 09:24:25 AM

Top altcoin includes shitcoin like BCH, BSV, XRP while I would strongly suggest newbie to stay away from such shits. It's better for newbie to learn about whole crypto market before investing. None of the investment is safe as long as you have no idea about portfolio management.
I don't consider BCH and XRP to be a shitcoins, they are capable that's why they make it to top 10 on coinmarketcap, if you are talking about shitcoins they look at under top 200 on coinmarketcap, XRP is the best centralized coin I've ever seen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1315

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 09:25:44 AM

Safe or not does it matter? Im thinking what other said here about some major coins are not safe. Of course everything Listed on Coinmarketcap are not safe at all that includes BTC

The point here is dont invest if your afraid to lose. Every coin out there regardless of standing on the market could suddenly go down in a tip of an ice berg. Well, supposed you are going to invest obviously you are going to pick something that has been majority are trading and thats okay. Enthusiasts here are misinterpret OP's shallow thought but from my notion, I think this is what he wants to say Invest on top coin which are safer than new coins

This is nothing differs on stocks. We have some term called blue chips that based on definition are safe but does it really safe? Its just a matter of caution.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
neokripto

Activity: 656
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 11:44:56 AM

Good advice on choosing top coins, but I’ll add that you need to diversify your cryptocurrency portfolio with altcoins that do not correlate well with each other, this will reduce the overall risk of the portfolio and increase profitability.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: