Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:42:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush vs Deepbit  (Read 26400 times)
sc8nt4u

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 09:03:48 AM

UPDATED from http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245.msg79971#msg79971

Well I'm at around 110k shares per pool now and here are the results.

My average ping to Tycho's pool ranged between 100-110ms.
168 Stale Shares
112370 Shares Submitted
0.1495% of my shares are stale shares

My average ping to Slush's pool ranged between 140-160ms.
607 Stale Shares
111779 Shares Submitted
0.5430% of my shares are stale shares

Last 1000 blocks up to block 3140 on Slush's pool had 8 invalids or 0.8%.

Slush's Pool:

For every 50 BTC you make, 0.8% is lost to invalid shares and no one gets BTC
- (50.00 BTC * .008) = 0.4 BTC lost

From that 50 BTC, 2% is given to Slush
- (50.00 BTC * .02) =  1.00 BTC lost

From that 50 BTC, you will need to submit 0.543% more shares to account for the stale shares
- (50.00 BTC * .00543) =  0.2715 BTC lost

Total ~ 48.3285 BTC expected

Tycho's Pool

For every 50 BTC you make, 3% is lost to Tycho's pool fee
- 50.00 BTC * .03 = 1.50 BTC lost

From that 50 BTC, you will need to submit 0.1495% more shares to account for the stale shares
- 50.00 BTC * 0.001495 = 0.07475 BTC lost

Total ~ 48.42525 BTC expected

Looks like Slush's pool to break even with Tycho's pool, must have less than 0.6% invalid blocks to break even with each other.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 09:13:08 AM

must have less than 0.6% invalid blocks to break even with each other.

Pool had no invalid blocks until my last infrastructure upgrade (>400 blocks back). So invalid blocks per last 1000 rounds are going slightly down, I'm sure it will be under 0.6% in few more rounds Smiley.

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 09:15:19 AM

It is easier to take advantage of Tycho's pool by pool jumping, which may make the shares less worth on average than they would be on Slush's pool. What is your actual payout?
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 11:10:52 AM

It is easier to take advantage of Tycho's pool by pool jumping, which may make the shares less worth on average than they would be on Slush's pool. What is your actual payout?
You can see average shares per block for current and previous difficulty spans on my stats page.
During current difficulty it's 15.3% better than expected, so shares aren't "less worth".

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Dobrodav

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 06:12:19 PM

Looks like both deepbit.net and mining.bitcoin.cz  pools are well mantained. Strong side of mining.bitcoin.cz is real time stat`s and pool fraud  defence; and strong side of deepbit.net is instant payout`s.
They are both easly configurated to start mining. In some strange way i`m more liked  design of  mining.bitcoin.cz, but deepbit.net is good anough too.
In my opinion, deepbit.net will have some advantage if somehow drope aside that "Stats are delayed by one hour" thing, and  will provide more stats, like Slush do.
  But even then, they will stay as strong and nearly equal competitors.

[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 08:19:06 PM

In my opinion, deepbit.net will have some advantage if somehow drope aside that "Stats are delayed by one hour" thing, and  will provide more stats, like Slush do.
What exactly "more stats" do you want to see ? May be i can implement it.

By the way, what's the real need of having realtime stats except for cheating ? The reward is the same and all data is kept anyway.
I know that it may be interesting to watch, but it's not the serious reason, i suppose :)

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Dobrodav

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 09:11:21 PM

I`m was  just  think about it, and came to conclusion that  1 hour delay on stats can work as cheat proof feature.

And maybe not. Cose i`m new in that, but guess,-  if there are transfer log available on third paty services, that is not real hard prooved cheat defence.

About stas. Will be nice to see exact number of solved block,  transfers included in it , who solved it. It maybe strange to hear - but that will be real nice.
Maybe not so important, but nice.  And yes, i`m think there are a lot of peaple who will enjoy just looking, at the job done.

[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 09:18:59 PM

I`m was  just  think about it, and came to conclusion that  1 hour delay on stats can work as cheat proof feature.
There are other ways to find pool's blocks, but most people won't mess with it, so it helps at this moment.

About stas. Will be nice to see exact number of solved block,  transfers included in it , who solved it. It maybe strange to hear - but that will be real nice. Maybe not so important, but nice.  And yes, i`m think there are a lot of peaple who will enjoy just looking, at the job done.
You can click on a block's timestamp in stats and there will be it's number and all transactions included in it.
If this block was found by you, it's share count will be displayed in bold text. And on the bottom of advanced stats there is counter of blocks, found by you.

Dobrodav

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 09:28:08 PM

Just did not know that. So i`m must to admit that i`m wasn`t right.  Well, stats is represented good anough. As i`m say, i am new at this and hope, that you will accept my apologies.

Reto

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 09:37:41 PM

By the way, what's the real need of having realtime stats except for cheating ? The reward is the same and all data is kept anyway.
I know that it may be interesting to watch, but it's not the serious reason, i suppose Smiley

Well, they are quite amusing when you're really bored, but I think having the hour delay cuts bandwidth costs by causing people to not refresh every time they finish a share.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2011, 01:06:24 AM

I know that it may be interesting to watch, but it's not the serious reason, i suppose Smiley

Well, they are quite amusing when you're really bored, but I think having the hour delay cuts bandwidth costs by causing people to not refresh every time they finish a share.

hehe..indeed. I haver a habit of freshing my stats page on slush's pool. But I don't think it uses that much bandwidth as most of the bandwidth intensive stuff like images and such are cached. It does increase the load on the database and other such "backend" infrastructure.

bitjet

Activity: 696

View Profile
April 14, 2011, 03:34:19 AM

I wish Slush's pool showed your miners current hash rate. I like to monitor my systems performance during the day while Im out. Tycho's pool does this its pretty sweet.

I wish tyco's pool had graphs that would tell you your average of btc/hour, and your daily average in charts, and the pools daily average.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2011, 05:15:49 AM

I wish I had superpowers...

But on a serious note that those would be pretty cool features to have for both pools. Another cool potential feature would be if the site had some earnings estimate calculator that would show you what you might expect to earn give a certain rise in difficulty.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2011, 09:15:57 AM

I wish Slush's pool showed your miners current hash rate. I like to monitor my systems performance during the day while Im out. Tycho's pool does this its pretty sweet.

Worker hash rates are hidden in profile HTML source. You can use greasemonkey script (link in first post of pool thread) to show that. I'm hiding that by default, because tens of users PMed me "I have 400khash/s miner, why hashmeter shows zero?". I'll consider some 'advanced view' which shows it on profile page directly...

yrral

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2011, 05:42:00 PM

Worker hash rates are hidden in profile HTML source. You can use greasemonkey script (link in first post of pool thread) to show that. I'm hiding that by default, because tens of users PMed me "I have 400khash/s miner, why hashmeter shows zero?". I'll consider some 'advanced view' which shows it on profile page directly...

Can you also add worker hash rates to the json api? (either per worker or total)
nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 10:14:17 AM

put a big red bold disclaimer that it only works with 10000 kh/s or more?

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 12:09:52 AM

Wooo! go tycho!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
lanternblue

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:13:38 PM

So Deepbit is better at payouts then?
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:29:12 PM

If you want a pure PPS pool then BTCGuild has a lower fee than Deepbit.  5% versus 10%

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
lanternblue

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:34:00 PM

Wouldn't Slush be better then?

It's 2% Fee Prop and no PPS?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: