Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:01:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEO of Bitcoin according to Google is Roger Ver. WTF Google?!  (Read 311 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 01:31:16 PM

To be honest, I don't understand the nature of the question about the CEO of Bitcoin. To me, it sounds like googling 'who's the CEO of USD', as in both cases we're talking about currencies, not companies. And I think that Google does its best by providing an answer which isn't even very misleading, as it says that Roger Ver is the CEO of Bitcoin.com, not Bitcoin. Oh, and speaking of the CEO of the USD, apparently it's Jeff Bezos, lol. Now this result is something I get even less than the one with Bitcoin.com:
~image removed~
I don't think Google is anywhere near 'Bitcoin cannot have a CEO' or something similar.

I cannot recreate what I was searching. It was question regarding the vanity addresses, and reading thru some suggestions, when you click Show More come different suggestions. At some point I saw that Who is CEO of bitcoin, I guess some people have searched for this phrase so ended up on the list with answers. It is a stupid question for those who know what Bitcoin is, but is very misleading for those newbie who want to buy some bitcoin and suddenly you end up with BCH.
It's another subject that Ver promotes his altcoin on the Bitcoin.com. Every newbie will open bitcoin.com just because by default .com is the "legit site".
I've done myself the mistake to write bitcointalk .com  instead of .org when you are not focused on what you are doing.
You can be amazed how naive people can be. The Nigerian prince scam mails make approx. 700k USD per year.. still... WTF!

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4177

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2020, 01:45:38 PM

The questions here should be, why would someone search for "who's the CEO" of a currency whether it's bitcoin or any other fiat currency. The right questions to search for should had been, "who invested bitcoin" if it provides a wrong answer then this whole alarm who had been worth it. I'm quite such Google will provide a better answer to the right questions if asked appropriately. Lets not use ignorance as a excuse, get yourself equipped with the right manner to go about anything you seek to understand.

PS: since we can't control what people type into this search engines, it would had been better if google corrects the question by giving the suggestion like, Do you mean "who invested bitcoin".

But wait, who do we expert to have showed up as the CEO, Satoshi? Nah bitcoin been a currency doesn't have any. Giving the closet answer to a question asked has always been the why this search engines operates.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 01:52:20 PM

^ Imagine now if CSW posts 10000 places that he is satoshi. At the end the search engine will starts suggesting that satoshi is CSW...
We have a saying, if one lie is repeated 100 times it becomes true at the end.
And ignorance is what drives all those scammers and conman into passing successfully their shady schemes among those who would believe them.

Just want to correct this inaccuracy in the suggested results.

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 02:04:02 PM

^ Imagine now if CSW posts 10000 places that he is satoshi. At the end the search engine will starts suggesting that satoshi is CSW...
We have a saying, if one lie is repeated 100 times it becomes true at the end.
Google just indexes all the contents from different web pages and give the answer, just google who is satoshi nakamoto and you will get the picture of CSW and Dorian nakamoto as the search results  Cheesy. What ever may be the situation, a lie said a thousand times cannot be true and it will never be.

People are naive, people gets confused when they see several coins which has the bitcoin moniker but they are responsible in investing in the correction coin.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3843

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 01:48:30 AM

It really doesn't work that way though. Google's search algorithm doesn't work that way now. Though it used to be like that in the past, people in the blogging and SEO industry have abused using quantity backlinks that Google is now focusing more on domain authority. Though of course it could work if he ever manages to get a lot of high-authority websites to post about him being Satoshi.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████