Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you trade if you won't leave your coins on exchange  (Read 2305 times)
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 04:43:12 AM

You have to take risk then, those who actively trade keep some coins on exchange and rest in their cold wallet.

You are at risk of getting hit while cross the road, doesn't mean you should not go out. There you take precuations, same applies here.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 04:50:06 AM

You have to take risk then, those who actively trade keep some coins on exchange and rest in their cold wallet.

You are at risk of getting hit while cross the road, doesn't mean you should not go out. There you take precuations, same applies here.
LOL, I like the way you give your example. It's funny and easy to understand. Yes, you're right. A trader neither trades all of their capital nor keeps a large portion of their capital out of the market. If we don't leave our coins on Exchanges because we are afraid of losing, we can't trade anyway. The important thing in this market is that you have to accept the risk and learn how to manage it!

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 04:58:02 AM

We are told several times on this forum never to leave your coins on exchange, well I know the difference about low rated exchanges and high rated exchanges and I know that many traders prefer high rated exchanges for trading because of volume and Liquidity but my point is there is no way to be a trader without your coins sleeping in exchange wallets, why? Because sometimes while you are asleep bitcoin can hit a new price target.
actually the most target of hackers are the Big exchange and we have seen that for many times that almost all great exchange here experienced this already.
So i stick to not leaving my money inside exchange after trading.
For example BTC is trading at 8000$ and I put up a sell order at 9000$, most times this won't happen in an instant, sometimes you wake up the next day and your order became successful isn't it? Now for those saying 'don't leave your coins on exchanges' how do you trade?
Lol this is depend on your strategy,don't be stupid asking this because what you are saying is not leaving your money inside exchange because you are under trading even when you sleep in that case so it is normal to let your money stays for a while until your order sets.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
FOPL

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 02:27:44 PM

We can classify traders into three categories based on the time frame. Some trade almost every day, others once in a while and there are the people who just buy a coin/token and hold for years. if you find yourself in the last category then the best way to go is to find a wallet that you have private keys to. Most of these wallets give you full control of your fund. For midterm traders, they could also do same. Day traders can keep their funds on the exchange so long as they are trusted. You can also use platforms like https://changenow.io/ to exchange your tokens where you don't need to create an account, so don't keep your funds on the exchange.

On the other hand, Atomic Wallet, for example, is a non-custodial wallet and comes with an in-built exchange. It's highly recommended for all kinds of traders, even with newbies. You can easily swap your cryptos without leaving the wallet. The interesting part is that you get rewarded each time you make an exchange and hold a minimum of 300 AWC. The reward is set each month in AWC token.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 02:37:15 PM

LOL, I like the way you give your example. It's funny and easy to understand. Yes, you're right. A trader neither trades all of their capital nor keeps a large portion of their capital out of the market. If we don't leave our coins on Exchanges because we are afraid of losing, we can't trade anyway. The important thing in this market is that you have to accept the risk and learn how to manage it!

Certainly, coins which is bought for long term horizon should not be stored in web wallets or any exchanges. It is recommended to store it offline and not online. For traders they do trade with some capital and those are not kept under one exchange and as rightly pointed out that we should always be using the reputed exchanges and wallets for security reasons.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 02:53:06 PM

You consider this issue every time BTC goes up. You would have to get out of the exchange in order to do safeguard your coins. Its risky to leave the coins but withdrawal fees are getting higher.  What you can do is move your coins to XRP when withdrawing or any altcoin with cheap fees such as TRX or USDT.  Or you can use dex with the noncustodial wallets, your coins don't go anywhere.  

but withdrawing using xrp is also risky because xrp is not a stable coin, the problem is when we wait for the right moment to enter or exit, so if the xrp or other altcoin that we buy has decreased then it will have bad consequences.
I think it's better to keep it on an exchange, like binance, huobi, okex, or other exchanges that have a pretty good reputation.
filterMX

Activity: 406
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 02:57:43 PM

I personally like to trade depending on the conditions of the crypto market, if the crypto market seems to be stable, I prefer to place prices accordingly, but if the crypto market goes up and down quickly, I am more interested in trading every day.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Nazmul012

Activity: 772
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2020, 05:21:13 PM

Trading Patterns are different  for one trader to another. If anyone wish for long trading then they have to put their fund in exchanges (Trusted exchange recommended). If anyone wish for short trading or follows trading signals, then they don't need to put their fund in exchanges all the time. They can withdraw after fulfill their target. So it's depends on trader how would they like to trade. basically i follow price of currencies and prefer short trade as i don't feel safe, putting my fund in exchanges in all the time long

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 11:48:52 PM

Trading Patterns are different  for one trader to another. If anyone wish for long trading then they have to put their fund in exchanges (Trusted exchange recommended). If anyone wish for short trading or follows trading signals, then they don't need to put their fund in exchanges all the time. They can withdraw after fulfill their target. So it's depends on trader how would they like to trade. basically i follow price of currencies and prefer short trade as i don't feel safe, putting my fund in exchanges in all the time long

Yes, if you decide to leave your coins better leave it on top exchanges like Binance.
For me, I feel secure if it is Binance as they have SAFU in place.
But for other exchanges without insurance, it is always better to transfer your funds in a secure place.
Better be safe than sorry when something goes awry. You'll never know when these hackers will attack, they won't give prior notice.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 12:48:22 AM

Well, putting the funds we have into an exchange is something we need to do before trading. Well, that is a sure thing. so, if in doubt, try choosing a popular exchange. Well, some people seem to want to make a big profit, but don't want to face the risks.
Refrumatrix

Activity: 301
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 01:52:40 AM

No one can escape depositing their coins on exchange for trading unless you aren't going to trade or exchange token at all, it's impossible, at one point you will deposit your tokens and coins, make sure you use top exchanges they are more reliable than the rest

OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 06:42:57 AM

Personally, I dont leave my coins on exchanges anymore especially low-rated ones.
Currently, I have some coins stuck in some exchanges and I cant withdraw anymore.
But I feel the exchange is what matters, just dont keep your coins on any exchange, be sure its trusted one.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 07:04:58 AM

We are told several times on this forum never to leave your coins on exchange, well I know the difference about low rated exchanges and high rated exchanges and I know that many traders prefer high rated exchanges for trading because of volume and Liquidity but my point is there is no way to be a trader without your coins sleeping in exchange wallets, why? Because sometimes while you are asleep bitcoin can hit a new price target.

For example BTC is trading at 8000$ and I put up a sell order at 9000$, most times this won't happen in an instant, sometimes you wake up the next day and your order became successful isn't it? Now for those saying 'don't leave your coins on exchanges' how do you trade?
There is no way you won't deposit coins on exchange but it all depends on timing, the advice was never to leave your coins on exchanges like making use of the exchange wallet as your real wallet to store coins when you have no private backup of the wallet, you can trade in minutes or hours or days but do not leave your coins on exchanges means don't treat exchange wallets as yours

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 07:17:22 AM

But I feel the exchange is what matters, just dont keep your coins on any exchange, be sure its trusted one.
Even the exchange is trusted and reputable still there's a risk, thats why its not advisable to hold your coins on exchange. But it depends on the trader itself, because its convenient for the trader's part to let their coins sleep on exchange so if the price is moving upward selling is like a snap.

If the price is increasing and im ready to sell my coins then I will deposit it to exchange. Its not hard as long as the price is moving upward taking profit wont be a problem.

DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 07:21:44 AM

Yes you are right but still it's better to start moving your funds out of exchanges to your private wallets when you make profits, leave only the exact amount you need for trading on the exchange, anything can go wrong at any time
Helpme_please

Activity: 633
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 08:06:48 AM

Yes you are right but still it's better to start moving your funds out of exchanges to your private wallets when you make profits, leave only the exact amount you need for trading on the exchange, anything can go wrong at any time
that good preventing action, we dont know what will happen to exchanges in future. leaving coin in exchanges could be risky decision , we've se many example exchanges hacked and much investors loss their fund in exchanges wallet. better to move it to private wallet so its security depend on our own how to keep it.
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 01:00:46 PM

Trading from your own wallet is becoming easier this days. Decentralised and swap exchanges are coming up to make easy for traders to trade from their wallet direct. Binance has DeX. Another good one is from INJECTIVE PROTOCOL, a Second layer DEX that can layer on other DEXs and aggregate liquidity.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 01:07:48 PM

usually they trade daily, when they are in front of a computer and they do a certain analysis and make a purchase or sale. if by chance they don't reach the desired target, if they are afraid to keep coins in the market exchange, they will usually withdraw coins to their own wallet. they will come back the next day and check, if the price rises is good, they will transfer again. that's what I know so far.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 01:20:46 PM

I think you are really confused, I will clarify the details for you. The reason why some of the people saying that don't leave your coins in an exchange for too long is because there are risks which is it can be hacked. I think you also aware that a lot of exchanges are been brought down by the hackers because of its low security. If you are a short term trader then exchange is what you need but if you are a passive investor then it is better if you will just save it in a safe bitcoin wallet.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 01:23:44 PM

No one would tell you to never deposit any of your coins in the exchanges. If you want to exchange them, then you need to move them to the exchange wallets. But what you should not do is to use the exchange wallet to store your coins or tokens. I am telling this because I used to do it, and as a result I lost many of my valuable altcoins. And it happened more than once. Don't make the same mistake that I did.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: