Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:09:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Mobile Gaming  (Read 1157 times)
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 09:53:26 AM

I agree with the idea of using Bitcoin for payments related to mobile games, because a simple way to use Bitcoin is quite necessary
internet connection and also a mobile phone. It might be effective if adopted in mobile gaming, but it is mobile gaming that accepts
payment by Bitcoin is still small in number, most popular mobile gaming still uses traditional methods. This could be related to legality
issues from mobile gaming developers with government regulations.

and integrating bitcoin or crypto in mobile games is not difficult to these gamers as they are already familiar with some currencies within the game itself. so just adding crypto is i believe not really of a big deal to them but it will give them more worth of what they are doing because they are dealing with crypto which has real value in the market.

Which is right. Those gamer are aware of using other digital currency and adding bitcoin is not hard to them. It's also adds great advertisement for those who don't know bitcoin yet, seeing that it's part of their options will give them time to search about bitcoin and
how things works using this cryptocurrency.

This cannot be implemented everywhere. The game developers will never integrate bitcoins as mode of payment in the games where the bitcoin are not legal. If they do, they might have to face legal complications. Other than this, many people will prefer it and use crypto currencies in games too.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1436

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 09:56:14 AM

Large games are getting easy to be played on mobiles. We've been getting everything in our palm. Bitcoin too isn't an exception, with time the growth is getting advanced and the same has made even the illiterate to use bitcoin without much of complications. Now we're getting used to captcha solving and rewarded with small number of Satoshi. Slowly this will progress with the mobile gaming industry.

The main word is "slowly", while the whole industry of blockchain, mobiles and technology makes earth to moon steps.
While bitcoin and cryptocurrency are not accepted and "understood" worldwide, I dont thing that we will see them integrated (successfully) in mobile games.

How long has been mobile gaming super popular? About 2-3 years? By popular I mean people play not only games for relax like angry birds and candy crash, but some heavy games like PUBG, MMORPG and etc. These kind of games rushed to mobile gaming world and will disappeared suddenly imho.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2020, 10:22:23 AM

Which is right. Those gamer are aware of using other digital currency and adding bitcoin is not hard to them. It's also adds great advertisement for those who don't know bitcoin yet, seeing that it's part of their options will give them time to search about bitcoin and

This cannot be implemented everywhere. The game developers will never integrate bitcoins as mode of payment in the games where the bitcoin are not legal. If they do, they might have to face legal complications. Other than this, many people will prefer it and use crypto currencies in games too.
This can be a possibility too, No developer wants to endanger their game because of the payment method and given the fact that not everyone knows how to use crypto as payment, Developers would probably go for crowds favorite payment method and the most common.

There are some games I know that are accepting bitcoin thru 3rd party services, It has some fees in it that's why I think it is one of the reasons why it is avoided, I didn't even try to use it, to be honest. But if the main plan is spreading awareness it could be effective since people are cautious living things and there is a high chance they will search it.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 11:44:07 AM

This can be a possibility too, No developer wants to endanger their game because of the payment method and given the fact that not everyone knows how to use crypto as payment, Developers would probably go for crowds favorite payment method and the most common.

There are some games I know that are accepting bitcoin thru 3rd party services, It has some fees in it that's why I think it is one of the reasons why it is avoided, I didn't even try to use it, to be honest. But if the main plan is spreading awareness it could be effective since people are cautious living things and there is a high chance they will search it.
I get your point, and I agree with you.The legalization of Bitcoin and its image unto the eyes of the government can hamper the usage of Bitcoin with mobile games. There can still be some of association between the two by means of third party intermediaries or through advertisements within the duration of the game.

ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 12:13:07 PM

As mobile gaming become start to become popular in the world of gaming.
I have this thought on my mind;

Can we relate Bitcoin with Mobile Gaming?

Just like Bitcoin; banks can be a traditional and Bitcoin becomes much easier and comfortable to use.

In mobile gaming; PC Desktop games/console games, etc can be traditional while games on mobile are the new trend where you can play comfortably anywhere with just your mobile phone.

Does it ring a bell?
It's kinda the use of Bitcoin is much comfortable since we just need a Bitcoin wallet and internet connection to make the transaction.
And in gaming: we just need a mobile phone where it is easy to access anytime and anywhere and play since you just need your mobile phone, no need to bring your console/PC desktop every time just to play.

Hmm, it might sound weird but knowing about how Bitcoin being compared to Mobile gaming is kinda possible and creating something that can integrate both of them can be surreal. It might actually turn into gambling since we are mixing a Cryptocurrency that has the potential to grow its value without knowing what is the reason behind it. It also might be a good idea since people are just overflowing with ideas these days and creating something that can monetize your time while playing can be actually worth it.
Raihan.arh

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 02:21:18 PM

It will be interesting if someone relate bitcoin with mobile gaming. Thats a digital era and everyone have smartphone.  So they also earn bitcoin too Kiss   
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 02:36:16 PM

Just like Bitcoin; banks can be a traditional and Bitcoin becomes much easier and comfortable to use.

In mobile gaming; PC Desktop games/console games, etc can be traditional while games on mobile are the new trend where you can play comfortably anywhere with just your mobile phone.

Does it ring a bell?
It's kinda the use of Bitcoin is much comfortable since we just need a Bitcoin wallet and internet connection to make the transaction.
And in gaming: we just need a mobile phone where it is easy to access anytime and anywhere and play since you just need your mobile phone, no need to bring your console/PC desktop every time just to play.

Hmm, it might sound weird but knowing about how Bitcoin being compared to Mobile gaming is kinda possible and creating something that can integrate both of them can be surreal. It might actually turn into gambling since we are mixing a Cryptocurrency that has the potential to grow its value without knowing what is the reason behind it. It also might be a good idea since people are just overflowing with ideas these days and creating something that can monetize your time while playing can be actually worth it.

A game than can be monetize using cryptocurrency always being a good ideas. If only bitcoin manage to get users to play bitcoin it will create a mass adopt to a lot of gamer user. There was a lot of project that using cryptos in their project but a lot has being never survive for the first year as their was not of a new user that willing to use cryptos in game.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1436

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 02:46:22 PM

A game than can be monetize using cryptocurrency always being a good ideas. If only bitcoin manage to get users to play bitcoin it will create a mass adopt to a lot of gamer user. There was a lot of project that using cryptos in their project but a lot has being never survive for the first year as their was not of a new user that willing to use cryptos in game.

Sadly, most of the mobile games are monetised one way, gamers buys several staff from game developers. Probably there is no use to put bitcoin payment option that such games. Who would love to pay bitcoin for game bonuses via fiat>bitcoin>game, when in most games you can get same result paying directly from card? Doubt that there are even a lot gamers among cryptocurrency users.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 05:18:02 PM

This can be one way to popularize Bitcoin in society, as we know most people already have cell phones for communication or other purposes. In modern times like today, teenagers definitely like games that can be accessed using cellphones, if some developers make bitcoin games that are mobile friendly or that can be accessed on cellphones, of course it will be very in demand by the community, besides being able to get entertainment and fun, of course they are also can get bitcoin from his new hobby

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 30, 2020, 05:21:02 PM

Does it ring a bell?

I get the point you're trying to make only that your analogy about phones didn't clearly state your point.
The feature of mobile gaming as being easy to access anytime is just an extension of the features of mobile phones generally. Generally, mobile phones are made for easy access anytime and anywhere because it's wireless unlike the wired phone of the past. So mobile gaming cannot be compared to bitcoin in that bitcoin was built from scratch. Bitcoin didn't have a premise to be built upon unlike mobile games which were built because we have mobiles already.

VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 31, 2020, 01:21:47 PM

Does it ring a bell?

Indeed. It would be really good if there is a way to monetize gaming these days, but to deal with crypto is more to that.
When it comes to its integration with Bitcoin, game developer should have to deal with compliance government first.
That being said, I also agree that it is not easy to just link Bitcoin with mobile gaming.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
igor171717

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2020, 03:50:37 PM

The ability to pay using cryptography makes games available to international consumers. Companies that depend on the international market will have no difficulty attracting consumers from anywhere in the world. Another advantage of crypto currency is that the user does not have to worry about exchange rates and payment processing fees when using other methods.

Currently, there are only a few games that accept crypto currency as payment. But as this option is becoming more common, it's possible that most app developers will take note and consider offering crypto tokens as a payment method.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 05:53:31 AM

I think some of the gamers already knew about Bitcoin.

If you don't know, one of the most popular gaming platform in this world, Steam accepted Bitcoin as a payment method in the past. They said that they can't actually take the fees and maybe the transaction time that is why they stopped. Some actually got interested in Bitcoin but most of them didn't care unless there is a game that actually give them way to earn it.
If I can recall correctly, even Microsoft tend to accept bitcoin back in the past as well and just stopped accepting it for the same reason as yours.
Is it that worrying sometimes for some companies about the confirmation time of a single transaction that's why they stopped accepting it?
I think this is what hinders the adoption of Bitcoin as well. People are aware and know about it but the speed is the issue for them.  Huh

But this was all before LN was implemented, right?

I think they are scared of what might happen again but right now that we have LN, I think they should try accepting it again. We have faster transactions now than before, if they are not coming back then we can say that there are other reasons. Maybe there are some players that are requesring to put it back, Steam are one of those platforms that listens to their community.
Warkop

Activity: 1148
Merit: 270

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 10:44:51 AM

Maybe your idea in the future will be very good to include Bitcoin into mobile games, but I see in some new projects there are already using this in the game, maybe the difference is that they use their own tokens instead of using Bitcoin. Hopefully your ideas can develop to do this as soon as possible.

kudil

Activity: 1092
Merit: 29

'Free as a bird'

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2020, 12:05:37 PM

I have this thought too, when I entered in cryptocurrency (2017), cause I also Mobile Legend players haha. I was imagine "what if we can buy an item in this game with Bitcoin?", i think this will good cause every gamers (esspecially Mobile Legend player) in the world can buy in simple and same ways, just need bitcoin, tap tap and success without doubt and complicated.. (Buy Voucher is outdated in current era Smiley) Personally, I'm sure in the near bitcoin will also used for buy item and game, let's see, it will be great for who the first do this.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2020, 03:59:25 AM

Maybe your idea in the future will be very good to include Bitcoin into mobile games, but I see in some new projects there are already using this in the game, maybe the difference is that they use their own tokens instead of using Bitcoin. Hopefully your ideas can develop to do this as soon as possible.

This is clearly going to happen to some degree with some games. Microtransactions either to pay the company or pay the end user can be facilitated relatively easily.

With Bitcoin, the only problem will be the TX fees so either a lightning hub or altcoin or deposit/gambling games that have higher $ figures at play will have to be a solution.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 05:12:11 AM

When it come to associating bitcoin and mobile gaming, i think it’s merely about the payment method and the transactions.

As you know, majority of mobile games have in-app purchases wherein you could enjoy the special features of the games as well as the items it offers, if you’re willing to pay for certain amount.

I think bitcoin can be one alternative of the payment method since like credit/debit cards, it’s available online and is also convenient to use. HOWEVER, bitcoin isn’t widely used and acceptable as of now. Hence, making it not really ideal to use. The transaction fee and time will be more costly and longer since a single transaction requires a confirmation that takes for about at least 10 minutes. Another thing is its value is volatile. Meaning, its price is unstable and it really varies depending on the season. Thus, will make the game developers and programmers think twice.

Yes, it’s possible for some mobile games to adapt bitcoin as mode of payment, but I don’t think now is the right time for that. Maybe some time in the future where the features and processing of bitcoin is much better.

As of the moment, i think bitcoin suits better to be an investment and asset rather than to be used to small transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: