Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:17:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (DAM) Datamine Network - FLUX: Time is Money 2.0 - DeFi DApp  (Read 5895 times)
NationalPotato

Activity: 38
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 12:47:10 AM

the price is to DAM high!

get it Cheesy

naw actually it's fucking holding up great thus far, keep it up.
flux doing well too (tho i don't touch that one)

Your wish has been answered.  Down 40% since your post.  FLUX is even circling the toilet.

You were all warned.

LOL you sound like Piston Honda on every other thread I see him on.

However, you surely must know that these small cryptos go up and down 40% all the time. Doesn't mean much.

DAM:ETH on 7/22 - .009
DAM:ETH on 8/1 - .003

Since 7/22 that's a 67% drop on an ETH basis.  Only reason USD is -40% is because ETH moved up. 

FLUX:ETH on 7/22 - .021
FLUX:ETH on 8/1 - .003

86% decline since 7/22.

Ouch.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 01:23:31 PM

Don't forget that FLUX started from zero, and DAM started below 0.01 in USD or equivalent. Oh, I'm sure you know about it having ran 2 masternodes on the old chain.

NationalPotato

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 02:22:26 PM

Don't forget that FLUX started from zero, and DAM started below 0.01 in USD or equivalent. Oh, I'm sure you know about it having ran 2 masternodes on the old chain.

FLUX is down 99.7 from ATH (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/flux) and looks to have started at about $50.00

DAM started at 0 because 100% of it was created in a token generation event.

I know you’re in this deep and - reasonably - are biased toward the project.  Just like I was biased to the old chain because I was in it deep.  Take 3 steps back re-evaluate the project with fresh eyes.  Truly ask yourself what market utility it provides.  

Dig deep on the fundamental problems they’re trying to solve.  “create a dynamic market equilibrium using realtime on-chain supply and demand“ sounds good as words... I guess (??)... but don’t markets create equilibrium, not projects? Isn’t there already “a dynamic market equilibrium using realtime on-chain supply and demand” for BTC trading pairs?  ETH trading pairs?  USDT/USDC trading pairs?

If there’s no real underlying utility solution being delivered by this project it is on a trajectory to 0.  I tried to bring that up at the beginning of this month and got banned for it.  That should tell you something.  Everything I tried to warn you of is coming to pass, yet you’re still entrenched?  Evaluate your bias.
xxmetalmartyrxx

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 06:04:49 PM

Lmao Potato. Let me chime in next time DAM pumps in price, and I'll use the price to prove my point like you are. Smh... resorting to price movements to validate your own misguided opinion. Tendies must be one of the best tokens in the world with that logic.
NationalPotato

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 11:16:57 PM

Lmao Potato. Let me chime in next time DAM pumps in price, and I'll use the price to prove my point like you are. Smh... resorting to price movements to validate your own misguided opinion. Tendies must be one of the best tokens in the world with that logic.

I’ll be waiting.  The real question is, will it pump higher than the current price AND sustain?

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 01:55:38 AM

FLUX started at zero. There was no supply of FLUX before.
DAM technically started at zero too, but you understand the price BWK had, so no need to explain there.

No bias. I'm not "deep" into this project. We all started fairly and equally the same as everyone else here, including the dev team.

You were doing something else that got you banned, and I believe you were given the opportunity to rectify it by submitting an essay or explanation. You did not take up that offer. You can always go back and join the discord, no one is stopping you.

Evaluate your bias too.

NationalPotato

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 04:26:50 AM

You were doing something else that got you banned, and I believe you were given the opportunity to rectify it by submitting an essay or explanation. You did not take up that offer.

I took the offer up.  Here.  I explained, in simple terms, how the economic model of FLUX was deflationary.  The market validated my argument.

I'm still banned.  It's apparent to me that the "decentralized" team managing the Datamine Discord isn't interested in fair dealing.

Speaking of that.  You never answered my question from three weeks ago.  Do you have moderator power within the Datamine Discord?

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 12:49:07 PM

I took the offer up.  Here.  I explained, in simple terms, how the economic model of FLUX was deflationary.  The market validated my argument.

I'm still banned.  It's apparent to me that the "decentralized" team managing the Datamine Discord isn't interested in fair dealing.

Speaking of that.  You never answered my question from three weeks ago.  Do you have moderator power within the Datamine Discord?

I got it, as well as a few others; we're labelled as "community assistants". Not sure how to unban you or anything like that. You can join under a new name if you want.

I don't see where your essay is, you can probably post it here as well. I don't remember the details but I remember something like a page or two. As for the market, it's been a month or two, so I'm not concerned about the price, it's too young to make any kind of meaningful technical analysis.

However the amount of FLUX burned indicates the demand for FLUX. There is almost 30% more FLUX burned than the current circulating supply. DAM has about 11 million locked in to the smart contract, or about 68% of total supply.

There is also an unofficial telegram channel, but some of us aren't there.

NationalPotato

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 03:29:49 PM

Here’s my essay

When extra tokens are burned, this usually has a positive effect on the project and there is no oversupply of tokens, which can depreciate if there are too many of them. This approach is always appreciated by projects and investors.

The word "invest" implies an expected return.  In the context of DAM, the "investment" is in a DAM token which "returns" FLUX tokens.  Sounds cool.  However, the only purpose of FLUX tokens is to be burned. So the real measurement of return will be return on capital (in the form of ETH, likely, or maybe USD).  Let's do a thought experiment.

Let's say you've got 1,000,000 DAM and are earning .01 FLUX every 15 seconds.  Then you have all the multipliers except the 10x burn so now you're at .03 FLUX every 15 seconds.

But you're soooo close to that 10x multiplier, so you buy some FLUX to burn it.  Great - what's your reward?  You get back MORE flux than you burned.  

You bought the FLUX to burn with ETH.  For ease of explanation, let's say you paid .05 ETH for 1 FLUX to put you over the 9x burned / wallet balance ratio.  Burning this 1 flux nets you an extra .27 FLUX every 15 seconds, so soon you've got 5 extra flux to sell to recover your .05 ETH.  But you're profit seeking, and probably want to at least double your returns.  This is Crypto, after all, and you're interested in a 200% return for about 10 minutes of work.    So you sell your 5 FLUX at .03 ETH each for a total of .15 ETH, recovering the initial buy in plus a tidy 200% gain.

The guy who bought one your 1 FLUX at .03 each for .03 ETH similarly has 1,000,000 DAM and are minting .03 every 15 seconds.   Soon he's got 5 FLUX to sell to recover his .03 ETH.  He's also profit motivated, but not unreasonable, and similarly wants a 200% return for a few minutes of work.  So he prices his 5 FLUX at .018 ETH/each and they sell.  He makes a 200% return and the cycle continues.

This is the inherent deflationary mechanism in the burn to print model.  No rational investor, who is seeking return on capital, is going to buy FLUX to burn it expecting a loss.  The only people burning FLUX are doing so because they expect a return.  The return won't be in FLUX, but in the base currency (ETH) in this case.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 07:40:30 PM

Not sure if that is 2 pages, but okay.

Currently, the circulating supply of FLUX is 33,584. The FLUX that has been burned so far, is almost double that at 61,545 or roughly 64% of minted FLUX is burned.

I don't know what else to add, but whoever that guy is with 1 million DAM is not going to be able to get a 10x burn bonus; he simply can not buy enough FLUX to get the maximum bonus. We really have to wait maybe another month to see some interesting numbers.

NationalPotato

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:04:56 PM

Not sure if that is 2 pages, but okay.

Currently, the circulating supply of FLUX is 33,584. The FLUX that has been burned so far, is almost double that at 61,545 or roughly 64% of minted FLUX is burned.

And even considering the astounding 64% burn rate, the price has fallen over 90% since my initial posts. That’s because there’s no reason to buy flux other than to burn flux to get more flux which is the entire point of my major criticism. There is no other use cases, therefore there is no inherent demand.

I don't know what else to add, but whoever that guy is with 1 million DAM is not going to be able to get a 10x burn bonus; he simply can not buy enough FLUX to get the maximum bonus. We really have to wait maybe another month to see some interesting numbers.

I think that, one month from now, the interesting numbers that you see will be lower than where they are now.  What will probably be interesting to you then is that you were warned, repeatedly, had about a month to sit on the information, did nothing, then were warned again, had another month, and still didn’t do anything. Maybe the interesting thing to come from that will be a lesson in market timing, personal biases, and capital preservation.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 01:04:27 AM

And even considering the astounding 64% burn rate, the price has fallen over 90% since my initial posts. That’s because there’s no reason to buy flux other than to burn flux to get more flux which is the entire point of my major criticism. There is no other use cases, therefore there is no inherent demand.

There aren't any other use cases right now for plenty of other coins or tokens, but there will be some for FLUX and/or DAM, just not yet announced. Even with the current use case, people are still burning more now. Another thousand FLUX have been burned since my last post.

Again, you are quoting both tokens from ATH within a month of launch, when both started either at zero or close to it. FLUX is still "infinity" and DAM might as well be 10x right now still. Since you like to look at the top, I like to look at the bottom too.

I think that, one month from now, the interesting numbers that you see will be lower than where they are now.  What will probably be interesting to you then is that you were warned, repeatedly, had about a month to sit on the information, did nothing, then were warned again, had another month, and still didn’t do anything. Maybe the interesting thing to come from that will be a lesson in market timing, personal biases, and capital preservation.

The numbers I was referring to are both the liquidity and quantity of FLUX in particular and maybe even some on DAM. Since DAM will not go above 16.8 million anymore, we have a reference point. FLUX will of course, increase. The interesting number you might be inferring is the price which is not my concern at the moment. It may be higher, or it may be lower than where they are now.

As for market timing, my belief is time in the market, not timing the market.

Other than that, I have no other personal bias and my capital is "preserved". I personally bought them close to $17 and quickly wrote it off. So a few years down the road up to today, you could consider me "down", but I still think I'm "up".

I didn't do nothing. You're supposed to lock up DAM anyway. I'm also contributing to the liquidity in the uniswap pools, so I'm also "up" where that is concerned. I tend to spread my holdings over the whole ecosystem.

Yours, well, you don't have any, unless you bought some, and we can probably agree you wrote off your BWK since you refused to swap them. That right there, either due to inaction or the intention of not doing the swap, is loss of capital.

A month from now, two months, the end of the quarter and the end of the year will have interesting numbers too. The contracts are immutable. All that's left is for the community to come up with "stuff", whatever those may be.

samuraijin

Activity: 1596
Merit: 261

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:01:06 AM

the price is to DAM high!

get it Cheesy

naw actually it's fucking holding up great thus far, keep it up.
flux doing well too (tho i don't touch that one)

Your wish has been answered.  Down 40% since your post.  FLUX is even circling the toilet.

You were all warned.
actually i don't really know much about this, but if the price drops by 40% maybe a lot of people don't believe in this project, I read a little bit about the concept where I can mine and have to have money to buy some tokens and lock the tokens to mine, there are lots of concepts out there, as usual it ends badly, early adopters usually get more profit

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
xxmetalmartyrxx

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:52:57 AM

I’ll be waiting.  The real question is, will it pump higher than the current price AND sustain?

Oh look at DAM and FLUX's price! Wow! DAM up nearly 200% since this post and FLUX over 100%! Let me use this price movement to invalidate any claims you have against it! Hahahaha.

Seriously though. Resorting to price actions as a means to validate/invalidate one's arguments is redundant and unconvincing. Doubly so when it's a low liquidity token like FLUX and DAM. Move on with your life Mr. Potato Head, and wallow in another missed opportunity.  Smiley Cheers!
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 09, 2020, 12:37:11 PM

I don't normally roast potatoes. You deep fry them in oil for a few minutes. After you've cut them into strips and taken out the skin or peelings. Some keep them on.

The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family. Potatoes were domesticated approximately 7,000 to 10,000 years ago. Following millennia of selective breeding, there are now over 5,000 different types of potatoes.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 02:18:05 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2020, 11:23:11 AM by Dabs

Alpha launched already. These are private invites, so far about 25-30 people are testing it. Beta will be soon after, no dates yet but most likely in another month or two. Beta will be public and open for everyone.

xxmetalmartyrxx

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 04:50:26 AM

The last date in the RoadMap is July 31st, 2020 - Datamine DeFi Network Alpha. So what next to the project, is there any further plans?

Updated roadmap coming by the end of the week.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 11:20:28 AM

I bet "equilibrium" is well-below $1.00 in the next 30 days.

Currently FLUX = $2.32. It was as high as $5 a few days ago. Still need time to stabilize.

Maulek

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2020, 11:21:30 AM

Monthly report of what have been done in "dev-updates". To be clear, this is copy/paste from #dev-updates on https://discord.me/dataminenetwork

Now that the domain updates are out of the way, I've had some time to go back to the analytics. We've added ability to show all the delegated minters (or self minters) for any address.
So now you can see who is minting for a specific address, how much was locked it and how long this minter is active for (we'll have hour estimates in a future update).
Don't forget that this is all done in realtime so you'll be able to see these minters drop/add as it happens.
Tomorrow I'll start on the running balance of FLUX on per-address basis so you can get a REALTIME LEDGER for any address and see exactly how it got that FLUX balance at any time.
We've had a very strange personal attack from a beginner security auditor regarding a well-known ERC-20 approval exploit. This person chose to completely disregard our existing section on this form of attack within our Whitepaper.
Instead they chose to make it public so we've had to make a response on the audit (which is now part of the whitepaper):
https://github.com/Datamine-Crypto/white-paper/blob/master/docs/audits/librehash.md
Give this audit a read and see why your funds are safe
I've made substantial progress in the per-address realtime ledger for our upcoming Datamine DeFi Network Pro analytics. This means you'll soon be able to get a clear understanding into each address FLUX balances and understand exactly what is happening.
Will be able to have a screenshot of the frontend tomorrow, right now This ledger only records Mints and Burns but we'll also track movements and erc-20 movements as part of the ledger so you can get a complete history of per-address movements in realtime.
Today I want to showcase our new Realtime Running Balance widget. Why look at plain old and boring transactional Ethereum data trying to figure out what is happening in your wallet when you can have Datamine-powered realtime analytics.
We call this process "Realtime Data Enrichment". Let's compare the most popular Ethereum explorer (etherscan) vs our realtime multi-smart contract analytics platform.
In the screenshot below you can see our early progress of converting confusing transaction data into human-readable realtime ledger. This is still work in progress but you can see how we will revolutionize DeFi analytics as our data network is unlike anything else in the world.
We'll be sending out Alpha invites in just two weeks so be sure to stick around Discord as we want you guys to experience the Datamine DeFi Network Pro for yourself.
We've done some more cleanup on the realtime ledger and fixed up a bunch of UI data points. The ledger now has some additional events (such as Received) but we'll also add additional events (such as "Sold on Uniswap (DAM/FLUX)") when we add Uniswap integration.
Tomorrow I'll be jumping on license management for Alpha (each user invited to alpha gets 2 "buddy" links). These invitation links are integral part of the upcoming FLUX use case in our analytics. We'll share more info on how we plan to use FLUX in the network after Alpha is released.

It's time to talk about how we plan to utilize FLUX in Datamine DeFi Network Pro.
First of all we must understand exactly what we're trying to achieve:
- Grant access to core customer base: Users that are utilizing Datamine ecosystem need to be able to access the network free of charge.
- Limit "bad actors" and limit server resource utilization
- Connect core customer base together in realtime.
- Remove any form of registration & provide some form of privacy
Here is how FLUX is to be used in our Analytics platform:
- You MUST have burned any amount of FLUX on the selected address before gaining access
- You are placed in a priority ordered queue, where those that burned the most FLUX get to "skip the line" and are able to login to Network before others.
- You can get "knocked down" the line if someone burned more than you comes online.
- If the server is full you will be placed in priority queue.
- You get 2 buddy passes. These buddy passes have THE SAME priority as your main address
In conclusion:
- If you burn a lot of FLUX you are guaranteed free, no-queue entry to DeFi Network at any time of the day.
- YOU MUST burn FLUX to gain access. In beginning this will be as low as $0.01 to gain access and grow from there as server demand grows.
- We will increase FLUX burn queue as server resources allow. This means we can have a larger network in the future.
Alpha is coming out NEXT WEEK so be sure to check Discord for Alpha invitations.
We are now testing our first version of the MIT-Licensed Fully trustless Realtime Decentralized Dashboard for Datamine (DAM) & FLUX Ecosystem.
This realtime analytics dashboard builds feature:
- FULL PRIVACY MODE: For privacy and decentralization reasons everything is self-contained in this repository.
- No Installation & Version History: Pick and download any previous build of the dashboard.
- Minified: The entire dashboard will take up less than 3 MB in uncompressed form.
- Works in any folder structure. Drop this into a subfolder or a subdomain, all paths are relative.
It is now hosted on Github Pages:
https://datamine-crypto.github.io/realtime-decentralized-dashboard/
Alternatively you can access the Github of all future builds:
https://github.com/Datamine-Crypto/realtime-decentralized-dashboard
If there are no issues found we will permanently redirect datamine.network to this decentralized dashboard completing another major step towards a truly decentralized DAM/FLUX Ecosystem
New build 264 of our Realtime Decentralized Dashboard is now available:
- Updated navigation for those of you with multiple delegated minters, changing dashboard url will now properly change the currently selected address WITHOUT refreshing the page
- Dashboard-specific links will now open up in new page
- Updated core navigation/titles and some page hashes to ensure navigation remains on a single page without refreshes
If there are no issues found, we'll be redirecting domains to this new decentralized dashboard (hosted on Github).
Just a small sneak peek preview at an update coming to the dashboard. Realtime FLUX Known Money Supply
We can break down the known FLUX supply into an easy to understand flow of funds. This will be available on the decentralized dashboard tomorrow.

The new Realtime FLUX Known Money Supply is now available on our decentralized dashboard:
Let me know if you find any issues, planning on redirecting domains to decentralized dashboard today.
Both https://damcrypto.com/ and https://datamine.network/ will now point to:
Our decentralized dashboard hosted on GitHub:
Please note your old dashboard-specific urls will take you to the homepage of the new decentralized dashboard. This is done to ensure there is no central point of failure.
Please update your links to use the new dashboard (as old links will always take you to the homepage). And just like that another piece of Datamine Network is decentralized.
Wanted to give you a quick update on how you will connect to our Datemine DeFi Pro Analytics.
There will be a new built-in button on all decentralized dashboard builds. By clicking this button you will be prompted to sign a custom message with your address. This does not cost anything but allows the analytics server to verify that you have access to the address that is signing the message.
Once you sign the message you will get unique access links to the dashboard. These links are unique and every time you use them you will kick anyone else out using the same link. (In a future update you will be able to re-generate these links by signing another message).
By using this approach with the burn queue we're able to eliminate registration but also connect core use base together. Don't forget YOU MUST burn FLUX to access the new analytics. The more FLUX that is burned for your address the higher your access priority is to the server.
We'll have more updates as the Alpha is coming in just 5 days.
Fixed some data syncing, check out this updated FLUX mint chart. We'll have more data points after the Alpha launches this week.
Also the biggest mint so far was 5200 FLUX (~20 days of not minting). Talk about delayed gratification

New build 268 of decentralized dashboard is up
Fixes:
- Uniswap trade links will now go to eth pairs (instead of WETH)
- Fixed some image links
- Updated packages
New build 269 of decentralized dashboard is up
- Fixed more image paths
- Fixed Metmask add icons
- Fixed 3x time bonus timer
- Added new "old version" splash if you are somehow caching old index.html version. The button on this screen will reload the current page with current timestamp to avoid cache.

eth_signTypedData or EIP-712 is not supported by Ledger Nano S so in beginning you won't be able to generate Alpha links from these hardware addresses:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/hn7c6p/ledger_support_for_eth_eip712_signtypeddata/
This is going to be my #1 priority tomorrow to find a work-around as we are few days from Alpha launch. Most likely solution will be as follows: Your delegated minter can sign and is counted as the same signature as locked-in DAM address.
Will have to investigate tomorrow but I've been able to get signing to work with Metamask with other addresses just fine. In the future we'll expand the alpha functionality to also consider "burn received amount" as qualification (not just burned amount). So if you are either burning OR someone burned to your address, you will be able to generate alpha links
IF INVITED: The number of links you get is dependent on your burn amount. Alpha dashboard links will function as follows (this will change in the future), the invitation links work as follows:
- Burn or have received burn of ANY FLUX amount: 1 alpha link
- Burn or have received burn of 10 FLUX(~$20) : 2 alpha links (You technically have 2 available spots in the burn queue at beta)
- Burn or have received burn of 20 FLUX (~$40) : 3 alpha links (You technically have 3 available spots in the burn queue at beta)
- Burn or have received burn of 100 FLUX (~$200) : 5 alpha links (You technically have 5 available spots in the burn queue at beta)
- Burn or have received burn of 1000 FLUX (~$2000) : 10 alpha links (You technically have 10 available spots in the burn queue at beta)
1. ETH Automatic syncing is disabled. We'll be running syncs manually to catch up to latest block
2. Alpha is INVITE ONLY, Only MVBs and Community Assistants are invited at the start. These are still very early stages of the network and this is our first network test. We'll send out more invites as the need arises.
Datamine DeFi Network Pro Alpha IS NOW LIVE ON PRODUCTION SERVER
Before we can send out invites we need to finalize the following outstanding tasks:
- Finalize off-chain sign on link generation
- Enable SSL
- Run through a security checklist
For Alpha and Beta everything runs off a single server. The idea behind this is that even though the network is made up of multiple Docker containers we want to see what kind of punishment a single VPS can handle.
So far the Alpha is blazing fast and our custom network communication is fast and efficient. Can't wait for you guys to check it out after these last set of remaining tasks.
I know you guys all want to check it out but we need to get these last of work items done. Our network is unlike any other website in the world and the speed of the UX will amaze you.
SSL Configurations are complete.
This means your connection to the Datamine Network will be performed in a secure manner.
We've had to add ensure the SSL certificates work for our central reservation server. This server is responsible for issuing connections to the network. It also creates unique data points for each user that connects.
Another SSL secured server is our "nchan server". This server is responsible for all realtime communication between the network and your browser.
This means every user that connects to the website can essentially communicate with any other user on the network in realtime. We have not created any "P2P" widgets yet but it's something that's on to-do list.
Next order of business is to finalize the on-chain sign on link generation. This requires some new data points (as we have to consider delegate burn FLUX amount).
Alpha invitations are coming before Tuesday, we're just finalizing the initial version of FLUX burn queue mechanism
Apparently SSL configuration was not completed yesterday. Today I noticed that our Event streams are dropped after ~100 seconds of idle time.
As our analytics are done in realtime these 100 second timeouts were not going to fly. I did a lot of digging round with nchan and nginx configurations trying out various timeouts and configurations.
Turns out the problem was with cloudflare DNS routing for SSL. We were using Cloudflare DNS proxy which made requests HTTP 2.0 and since they are routed through Cloudflare they terminated the streams after this idle time.
Had to get a new certificate and turn off Cloudflare DNS routing but now the connection to the server is persistent. Another advantage of this is that traffic is not routed through cloudflare anymore on pro analytics for another layer of security.
I'll take this extra long weekend time to do some polish before Alpha invites. We're looking really good now, hope to see you guys on alpha soon!
Rewrote the reservation server today. Now each unique link is limited to 1 connection to the server. Additionally when you disconnect you are properly removed from reservation server.
Currently the second connection made to the same dashboard link will display an error saying you are already connected. In the future this will disconnect the other session. Think of this like the Tradingview limits on concurrent connections.
Tomorrow I will work on the login server where you will be able to paste in your invite link. For this initial wave of invites it is likely they will be special one-time codes until the burn queue is ready before Beta.
Currently targeting Monday for the release, The goal of this first set of invites is to make sure the network supports multiple users, you will get 3 login codes each and this will not be tied to the burn queue yet as we're testing network stability first.
Been a super busy day with the analytics network. Here are some changes from Today:
- Split out logger/connection from rendering root object. This will be needed for new login screen as there is a lack of proper connection state managment
- Started work on reservation by "Datamine Pro Key"
- Added "Users In Memory" on stats page that will help monitor resource usage
- Fixed memory leak on context destruction
- Added new global widget disconnect event and now disconnecting will drain dispatch queue. This allows us to do async destructors on per-context
- Fixed realtime events for shared widgets (This will be an example of our realtime events across multiplie users)
- Improved how realtime stats are streamed no longer relying on api/rest context
- Split out shared widgets registration into a separate file and fixed order of event subscriptions
Current big ticket items for tomorrow:
- Fix removing shared widget subscriptions  (memory leak)
- Login screen

Etherscan added social & icon for FLUX. Now both DAM & FLUX tokens have proper links & icons.
We're almost at 21,000 transactions for FLUX so we've spent more in transaction fees alone than the current FLUX market cap
Another busy day with Datamine Pro Analytics. I finished the last two remaining tasks but there are some last minute changes that I would like to squeeze in this week.
We need to add basic rate limiting before Alpha. Originally this was scheduled for Beta but after a frontend rewrite today we have a pretty good way to add this. This will ensure Alpha users don't abuse the server.
There are also some reservation server improvements I would like to add. Particularly recycling unused connections.
We also need to update how page routing works. Right now we're using HTML5 url fragments but this needs to be converted to hashes (as the centralized dashboard is also host on github).
Once these core additions are complete I will do another round of checks to see what else is remaining for launch.
This extra week of Alpha polish is really epic. I've finished up the frontend state management updates and will jump to rate limiting tomorrow.
These new frontend updates and Datamine Pro key entry allow me to spin up multiple network connections and are great for testing purposes.
I think the extra time that we spent with the shared widgets is totally worth it. They're really a staple of how powerful the network is. For example in this screenshot we have two unique network connections.
Notice how the active widgets is still 1 even though there are two of the same shared widget. On top of this each shared widget can choose who to send messages to.
Things are coming along nicely, can't wait to show you guys!
Was going to work on the rate limiting but decided to finish up the reservation updates I mentioned before.
Now the reservation server will properly recycle unused connections which means I can sleep better at night knowing the server won't go down due to a bottleneck.
Another security feature I added is privateKey generates a unique user id instead of it being same as privateKey. This means that even if you have the Datamine Pro Key you can't guess what nchan id that user is connected to.
Additionally the alpha keys have been generated and proper alpha key checks are in place now.
Now there is just two items remaining on my list before launch:
- Rate limiting
- URL updates to hashes.
Yesterday we've put up our build of the new Alpha analytics and sent out over 25 invite keys. There is a new build out today with the following features:
- Reworked connection management. Now if you use the same Datamine Pro Key, the other window that was connected gets kicked out. This was the main major issue that happened to two users yesterday so I wanted to make sure that it was addresses as this was an oustanding item. This new connection management works a lot like Tradingview.
- Alpha key is remembered now after login. This will make it easier to test out new features without re-entering the key each time.
- New Docker optimizations to ensure higher uptime and better update rollouts in the future requiring a simple docker restart.
We'll be adding a ton of new features this week and hopefully testing Realtime Ethereum block updates later this week as it's a core feature! Lots to come this week so be sure to stay tuned
Today I've been able to add block syncing to our analytics platform. This means we can now assign dates to all actions instead of block numbers. This makes our running ledger even more powerful as well as being able to get a better idea of lock-in durations.
This adds a bit of overhead to syncing speed but I am hoping there will be better sources of Ethereum log data in the future.
Additionally cache is automatically purged when there is new data to sync. This means we can utilize cache until a new block comes in so data is always fresh. There will be additional improvements to cache in the future.
Current estimate for Alpha is 2 months which will take us into public BETA. By this time we should have all the data points we want, realtime syncing and FLUX burn queue.
Updated roadmap is coming later this week to reflect this upcoming Beta release.
Another analytics update is live! You now get "instant search" navigation so you can finally paste in any address you want to go to.
Tomorrow the plan is to make a couple of updates to our decentralized dashboard. Specifically I want to add automatic retry mechanism for the "Ethereum latency" error that pops up, fix a couple of display bugs and update the roadmap.
So be sure to check that update out in coming days for improved UX.
A couple of updates Today:
- New Build 299 of Datamine Realtime Decentralized Dashboard is now live and available on:
- Added silent smart retry mechanism for fetching Ethereum blockchain data. This will mean ~95% less "Ethereum Latency Warnings"
- Updated roadmap to include public Beta
- Improved Alpha Analytics server stability
- Fixed time remaining until 3x Time Bonus label
Update is already live so I hope you enjoy the greatly improved UX without as many latency errors and even faster realtime data updates.
Another build New Build 303 of Datamine Realtime Decentralized Dashboard is now live and available on:
This new build features the long awaited update to the calculator section. Now you can use our realtime FLUX forecasting tool Without Locking-in Datamine (DAM) tokens.
This comes with fair prefilled values of 3x time bonus, 1000 DAM-lock in (~$200 USD) and 3x time bonus for locking-in ~28 days.
This together with the updates from yesterday now provide a cleaner UX especially for new users that are onboarding.
This weekend we'll have some new analytics data views so be sure to stay tuned for updates.

mentalpanda
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 08:55:06 PM

I joined the datamine ecosystem 15 days ago, lately we rarely come across such a hardworking and productive developer. something like mining with a "datamine" video card as he said in his previous friends. Those who come for pump & dump are screaming in frustration. the project is still on the way, although there are irresponsible whales, I am hopeful about the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: