Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:39:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stopping Bounties To Rank Up In Btctalk  (Read 451 times)
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 08:21:18 PM

Actually I am following high ranked users in this forum and they are often saying that they aren't eager to send merits who is active bounty hunter.
Being on a bounty by itself can not prevent members from meriting your posts if they are quality contents. But having to meet up with a bounty post requirements, especially when it is a very tasking one can reduce the quality of your posts and reduce your merit earned. Especially when you are a newbie and contribute to discussions you know little about just to meet up the weekly quota.

They also saying to contribute in this forum without running for merits.That touched me much.
There are so many guidelines that are being dished out to newbies.
Just treat the forum like a normal discussion platform and have an interest in learning about Bitcoin. Do not see it as a job or a task to accomplish, i.e reaching a certain rank to earn.
Post naturally and read often.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 10:46:54 PM

Well, if most of your posts will be bounty reports, it's not likely that you will get merit. First, because forum users don't read posts in bounty board and not looking for posts to merit there. Second, there is no reason to give merit to users who came here just for bounties. They just don't give any value to this forum and they didn't made any merit worthy posts.
But I don't agree that bounty hunter can't get merits and rank up. You can participate in bounties and at the same make good posts, contribute to forum. People don't check posting history before giving merit. If you will make merit worthy post, I doubt that someone will check your post history and say "Oh shit, he is bounty hunter, I shouldn't give him merit".

Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 02:21:10 AM

Well, if most of your posts will be bounty reports, it's not likely that you will get merit. First, because forum users don't read posts in bounty board and not looking for posts to merit there. Second, there is no reason to give merit to users who came here just for bounties. They just don't give any value to this forum and they didn't made any merit worthy posts.
But I don't agree that bounty hunter can't get merits and rank up. You can participate in bounties and at the same make good posts, contribute to forum. People don't check posting history before giving merit. If you will make merit worthy post, I doubt that someone will check your post history and say "Oh shit, he is bounty hunter, I shouldn't give him merit".
It seems that most of the bounty hunters have alts that they are using to earn more coins because of their greed, there are 2 kinds of people who join and posting in this forum. The first is the people who often creates good quality posts because it makes them happy and they are focusing to contribute information in the forum, the other is the people who are just a bounty hunter who do shit posting for some money and satoshi. For me getting merit is privilege, that is why we should only give it to those people who are creating good quality posts and to those worthy of having a merit.
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 05:24:41 AM

I have been wearing bounties since my newbie days (yes, there was a bounty which accepted newbie, however I didn't get payout because it was a failure). As when merit system was implemented I was already a full member I got airdrop of 100 merits and 78 that you see are earned afterwards. I don't think wearing bounty signatures has to do anything with merit sending.

I don't think people should discriminate against bounty hunters either. We have enough racism on the planet.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
longlivecapitalism

Activity: 966
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 07:54:29 PM

I think ranking up just for the sole purpose of ranking up should be discouraged in general. A lot of bad posting comes from that. You can focus on being a more productive member of the forum community which is something that people should strive to do. And even if you take up bounties, I can't believe that having a certain posting quota to meet should immediately make one a bad poster. If someone chooses to give a little more thought and time to their posts, they can find something nice to write.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 04:59:05 AM

I hope I am not wrong.
You are not wrong and not right either. It's your own perspective so I respect it Cheesy. In my opinion, bounties or signature campaigns got nothing to do with your rank development. Actually there are so many living proofs out here that ranked up (few got overflowing merits and just wait for the right amount of activity) despite of joining campaigns. Therefore, it is not the main cause if you noticed that you remain stucked on where you are because everything depends on how good you are. Quality of your post is the only basis, nothing more and nothing less.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: