Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:49:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is it this time? do the whales know something we dont?  (Read 2156 times)
ashapasa (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:09:55 AM

Bitcoin prices slumping for more then a week, usually its easy to point out the reason or reasons for the slump, this time I have no idea. Coindesk seems to be all positive news yet the price is slumping  Huh

Guys any ideas, hope the whales are not silently cashing out  Shocked are people getting tired of bitcoin and alts in general.
The number of coins released is staggering, madcowcoin  Grin piggycoin  Wink nigeriacoin lol hongkongcoin its nonstop.

I am happy knc is getting in the scrypt asic business, will end all these crapcoins. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:13:34 AM

I watched the graphs and the Chinese dumped first today. Don't know why.

Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:14:32 AM

check out the LTC dump on huobi, fucking insane! Probably made the BTC traders panic aswell.
skyhigh

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:15:26 AM

has to be something with china. so its best we wait for a chinese speaking person to raid their forums and reports back here
Predatorian

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:15:34 AM

Well hard to say what's going on, but IMO it's a good time to invest some money on btc.
I'm gonna buy some after this weekend, maybe this low price got some connection with blocked bank accounts to high positions guys from Russia?

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:20:38 AM

I saw in specforum that the Chinese central bank just banned bitcoin-- ordered to halt bitcoin transactions before April 15.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ashapasa (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:26:30 AM

check out the LTC dump on huobi, fucking insane! Probably made the BTC traders panic aswell.

people are just sheeps
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:28:18 AM

At 18:22:51

China's Central Bank on March 18, issued, requiring stop all bitcoin transactions prior to April 15.

http://live.sina.com.cn/zt/l/v/finance/globalnews1/

This have been posted all over

I have no idea if it is real or not.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
ashapasa (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:30:51 AM

I saw in specforum that the Chinese central bank just banned bitcoin-- ordered to halt bitcoin transactions before April 15.

fack the chinese goverment, they should have banned bitcoin completely last year.
seriouscoin

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:33:24 AM

China's Central Bank on March 18, issued, requiring stop all bitcoin transactions prior to April 15.

http://live.sina.com.cn/zt/l/v/finance/globalnews1/

This have been posted all over

I have no idea if it is real or not.

Thank god for this......

I hope this time we will eventually leave China for good. Why do sheeps keep looking at Chinese exchanges? while all their order books are fake...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:36:22 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 12:02:29 PM by franky1

Bitcoin prices slumping for more then a week, usually its easy to point out the reason or reasons for the slump, this time I have no idea. Coindesk seems to be all positive news yet the price is slumping  Huh

Guys any ideas, hope the whales are not silently cashing out  Shocked are people getting tired of bitcoin and alts in general.
The number of coins released is staggering, madcowcoin  Grin piggycoin  Wink nigeriacoin lol hongkongcoin its nonstop.

I am happy knc is getting in the scrypt asic business, will end all these crapcoins.  

a few idea's
1) karpeles is selling off his hidden 540k coin out of the 740k total (giving back 200k to the community)
2) the whales of gox received their 200k and are cashing out
3) bitcoin is now diluted, less demand for bitcoin as people are now spreading their orders over 200 different altcoins instead of just bitcoin to dollar orders
4) everyone knows that the biggest periods of volume in retail is winter (now over) so there is a dull period where less are buying
5) stock markets using sell off just before the new financial year as its easier to fill in tax returns and change investments at this time
6) the gox fiasco has made people afraid and less people are throwing money into exchanges, so demand is low
7) chinese banks themselves invested in bitcoin prior to december (causing the $1200 price) then told they had to sell off by april.

i personally think 3,6 and 7 are the best contenders. but it is worth keeping in mind. the seller that sold below $600, gave it to a guy at below $600.. and that buyer (hopefully smarter then seller) would not want to sell below $600.

so i hope that the panicked/fearful sellers move away and a new breed of confident buyers are entering the economy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DiamondDust

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:37:35 AM

Well done! So i guess now it's the time to invest money on btc Smiley
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:41:01 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 12:03:14 PM by franky1

http://blankity blank blank/

dont quote a media outlet that has no proof.. instead wait until you find "the document" and post that.

people need to stop quoting media. especially when media dont show proof. as it causes misrepresentation of facts. and then when other lazy media groups see a dozen different sources talking about the same topic they then join the band wagon.

EG everyone is reading "china bank bans bitcoin" due t an article that says "it has been reported that china bank has released a document"
which people dont read, and also ignore the part that says "So far the central bank noncommittal on the news."

so dont post links like this. just post the document. again. so please dont quote media. only quote from the source. avoid the "chinese whispers" game.

to add to that, bobby lee (btcchina) said it best banks and regulated institutions cannot themselves buy bitcoin direct so only individuals can buy bitcoin. i think another theory of the slump from $1200 is that chinese banks were investing in bitcoin and now they have to sell off before april. so i will add that to my last post

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
IrishFutbol

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:05:15 PM

The number of coins released is staggering, madcowcoin  Grin piggycoin  Wink nigeriacoin lol hongkongcoin its nonstop.

a few idea's
1) karpeles is selling off his hidden 540k coin out of the 740k total (giving back 200k to the community)
2) the whales of gox received their 200k and are cashing out
3) bitcoin is now diluted, less demand for bitcoin as people are now spreading their orders over 200 different altcoins instead of just bitcoin to dollar orders
4) everyone knows that the biggest periods of volume in retail is winter (now over) so there is a dull period where less are buying
5) stock markets using sell off just before the new financial year as its easier to fill in tax returns and change investments at this time
6) the gox fiasco has made people afraid and less people are throwing money into exchanges, so demand is low

i personally think 3 and 6 are the best contenders. but it is worth keeping in mind. the seller that sold below $600, gave it to a guy at below $600.. and that buyer (hopefully smarter then seller) would not want to sell below $600.

so i hope that the panicked/fearful sellers move away and a new breed of confident buyers are entering the economy

I definitely think 3 is playing a major part.  Escpecially with the get rich quick group.  So much of BTC's price is held up by speculation about future use/growth, and many of these people don't want to leave money sitting around when the price of BTC is stable, so it wouldn't shock me if there are many people out there trying to find the next big thing.

The scary guess though is that it could be a fad trend.  A new amazing product is created, people go crazy and fall in love with it, then a month later, they tire of it and move on.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:07:09 PM

Whoever is dumping btc will run out very soon at this rate, this is worse than when empty gox went belly-up.
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:25:30 PM

Whoever is dumping btc will run out very soon at this rate, this is worse than when empty gox went belly-up.
No it's not, back then we went below 500 Smiley

arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:30:34 PM

guys, it's been said so many times already but clearly not many enough -- bitcoin price action is not motivated by news, generally speaking. "looking" for a reason for the recent slide is foolish. we moved down because we were overbought, that is, the ticker price was above the "true" value, and many traders thought that $600 was a good price to sell at. that is pretty much it Wink

--arepo

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:36:28 PM

Sounds like pure TA junkie talk.  At the least, news can serve as a catalyst for the direction it was already drifting; increasing the speed and degree the market acts.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:40:35 PM

Sounds like pure TA junkie talk.  At the least, news can serve as a catalyst for the direction it was already drifting; increasing the speed and degree the market acts.

if this was a reference to my post, i actually intentionally left out the TA aspect besides the word "overbought". all that really means is that trader consensus is that the price is "too high", anyway.

and what you say makes sense. news influences price, but each dip and spike is not attributable to some news somewhere, as many newbies here seem to take for granted.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
ashapasa (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:49:12 PM

if this was a reference to my post, i actually intentionally left out the TA aspect besides the word "overbought". all that really means is that trader consensus is that the price is "too high", anyway.

and what you say makes sense. news influences price, but each dip and spike is not attributable to some news somewhere, as many newbies here seem to take for granted.

a weeklong slide is cause for concern, newbie or vet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: