Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:47:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed  (Read 39584 times)
Joe9

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:38:00 AM

Does 875 bring any hashrate gains? I was under the impression that increments of 50 was the best way to go, although that could be attributed to older versions of mining software.
maxzilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:51:12 AM

the individual cpu tweeks are great most of the minis will run at 875 with no hardware errors the blades at 850 with minimal errors.

Quick question as the miners set themselves up in a different order on reboot does are the individual cpu speeds set to the serial of each miner or the listed miner?

Also as I can see which is the blade the serial on both is 48..... (the mini are all 6d.... or 8d.....) me being able to set 5 or 40 chip to correct the display would be nice.

The clock settings are mapped to the serialnumber of the miners. The chip amount setting is now an all or nothing deal I'm afraid, no individual configuration for that part. If you want to see a representative hashrate you can switch to the advanced tab.
dloganbill

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:59:30 AM

Can you work with Nicehashdev from Nicehash to make your software more compatible? I get over 28% rejects there.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
compumine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:41:49 PM

Niceman from Coinmine.pw changed up somethings on his pool to optimize it for BFGMiner. I ran my gridseed minis and blade last night and had close to 0 rejects. Pool ran super smooth. Give that pool a try with Hashra Controla and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Unless the changes were made recently, when I tried it couple of weeks back, there was allot of rejects.  I tried the Canadian server thinking it will be closer and better for me being in Canada, it was worst than the US server.

I hope the change is recent.  Will give it a try.

Maxzilla,

When mining on a pool, I mentioned a while back that it turns red but still saying running.  I tried this on several pools.  Including wafflepool which Hashra does it's testing on, and I still get that.  It doesn't stay green.  Any ideas?
The other question I have is, will I be able now with the new firmware to up the hash rate from 850? As you mentioned earlier to me that the higher rates are for modified gridseeds.

*Image Removed*
maxzilla

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:06:33 PM

Niceman from Coinmine.pw changed up somethings on his pool to optimize it for BFGMiner. I ran my gridseed minis and blade last night and had close to 0 rejects. Pool ran super smooth. Give that pool a try with Hashra Controla and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Unless the changes were made recently, when I tried it couple of weeks back, there was allot of rejects.  I tried the Canadian server thinking it will be closer and better for me being in Canada, it was worst than the US server.

I hope the change is recent.  Will give it a try.

Maxzilla,

When mining on a pool, I mentioned a while back that it turns red but still saying running.  I tried this on several pools.  Including wafflepool which Hashra does it's testing on, and I still get that.  It doesn't stay green.  Any ideas?
The other question I have is, will I be able now with the new firmware to up the hash rate from 850? As you mentioned earlier to me that the higher rates are for modified gridseeds.

I have never seen it myself, Where are you located? in canada? (maybe it's the internet connection) The red colour means the server is dead temporarily. I don't think it will show the server as running, if it does, then it's a bug. can you make a screenshot when this happens (with the syslog visible)?
I'll have a go at nicehash and test it myself
HASHRA

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:38:11 PM

wow .. my topic really got popular  Cheesy

btw, now im using the latest gridseed firmware on gridseed controllers, uptime is great, over 4 days since im using it

GREAT!  Grin

HASHRA

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:40:12 PM

Seems most of you have already found out but yes…. please now update!

Should now be on version 1.4.5 for your CONTROLA.
This is for BLADE, MINI and ATLANTIS.

We have now added more frequency options. (Magic number for BLADE is 838)

Advanced settings section giving individual clock speed control.

New drop down menu for easy selection of clock speed.

Now comes with per "Miner" control.

Good Luck!  Smiley

walther1337

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:51:28 PM

Good Luck!  Smiley

I love the improvements! I've thought of a few features I'd love to see added:
  • Implementation of Sandor111's(Siklon on GitHub) auto-tuning cgminer: https://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355
  • Graphs for hashrate, shares, HW errors etc
  • An average of hashrate reported by the pool
  • Downtime per pool
  • The ability to set x hours mining a pool before disabling said pool
  • Notifications for new updates
  • Temperatures? I don't know if it's possible but it would be a great feature

dloganbill

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:24:11 PM

Good Luck!  Smiley

I love the improvements! I've thought of a few features I'd love to see added:

+1 on this.  I would also like this to be enabled for scrypt only mining.  I have used it with a TP Link 703N and it is very stable and MUCH fewer rejects.

And while you are looking at improvements, check this link out regarding BFGminer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562238.msg6560478#msg6560478

From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
bexwhitt

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:47:36 PM

Can you work with Nicehashdev from Nicehash to make your software more compatible? I get over 28% rejects there.

many of the rejects on nicehash are missing jobs which you get paid for if you look at your nicehash page you will see the rejects are far less.
dloganbill

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:52:27 PM

many of the rejects on nicehash are missing jobs which you get paid for if you look at your nicehash page you will see the rejects are far less.

I wish that were always true.  Pool side rejects range from 5-25% and sometimes spike higher.

digitizing

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:13:52 AM

Good Luck!  Smiley
how to update ?
should we use update menu or download firmware image ?
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:21:23 AM

Good Luck!  Smiley
how to update ?
should we use update menu or download firmware image ?
I am guessing use menu. Not on website yet.
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:44:32 AM

Thanks

Unless the changes were made recently, when I tried it couple of weeks back, there was allot of rejects.  I tried the Canadian server thinking it will be closer and better for me being in Canada, it was worst than the US server.

I hope the change is recent.  Will give it a try.

Maxzilla,

When mining on a pool, I mentioned a while back that it turns red but still saying running.  I tried this on several pools.  Including wafflepool which Hashra does it's testing on, and I still get that.  It doesn't stay green.  Any ideas?

He made the changes on May 1. Im on on coinmine.pw. One of my 20 gridseed mini setups is running at 7800+ Mhs on 863 setup. 18 hw but no rejects yet.
My blade setup didn't like 838. I have blade 1 at 813 running at 2.85 and blade 2 running at 800 2.68. If I push blade 2 to 813 it drops to 2.45.
Joe9

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:05:13 AM

Took the plunge and updated to 1.4.5 about 12 hours ago. This update ignores your reboot miner function and resets it back to zero in the background, but it still shows your X time. Changing it, and changing it back fixed it and now it's back to rebooting after a specific time.

GUI wise there is now duplicity. The whole dials look can now be removed, and use the advanced tab as the main control panel. You could add a 'lock/unlock' button for messing around with frequencies. Possibly using less resources being gobbled up by your front end on the RPi?

Otherwise a really solid update, nice one.
Fizikal

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:46:59 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 07:24:47 PM by Fizikal

I updated and now I cannot login. Login button is dead.

EDIT: I got in now, no explanation why. Cannot reproduce. Upon getting to the dashboard, blades are showing offline. Any attempts to make changes are met with long delays, sometimes not even processing changes.

EDIT2: I had to reimage to get mining again, but upon doing so started experiencing an error I've experienced before and I want to find out more about it. Since we aren't allowed to touch the underlying filesystem (shame on you guys!), how can we fix name resolution problems?? I am hooked straight to a router with no problem with other devices

Code:
Apr 16 21:03:46 MinerClass log[2070]: socket connect(127.0.0.1,4001) failed returning null

What gives? This almost always happens upon reboot.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:59:34 PM

Is there a D/L link for 1.4.5 anywheres?
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:17:50 PM

http://hashra.com/support/  ?

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
maxzilla

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

Is there a D/L link for 1.4.5 anywheres?

There is no img for 1.4.5

If you don't have version 1.4, you can download the img first and then click on the update controla link
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:38:26 PM

I have a card for 1.4 but I wasn't running it because I have one gridseed that runs well at 1000mhz while the rest need 850 - so I was using an auto-tuning image to achieve that.

Now that hashra supports per-device speed I'll give it a shot but I was hoping to set up the card before even booting it. Not a big deal though! Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: