Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the 10% extra charge afor each IPO a good idea?
NO
YES

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][XR] XERO [IPO] [PLANNED USE OF FUNDS][FINANCIAL MULTIPOOL]  (Read 4647 times)
Lpingui

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:39:48 AM

OK, I wait for IPO and launch.

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:59:32 PM

Added poll to seek feedback on dividend payout.
Ziggy

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:40:49 PM

escrows?

Yes of course. Can you recommend one?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3028
anon136
Teka (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:42:22 PM

Thank You. I will be sending him an private message right now.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

Prospectus Published: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxiQW4ETFMFDclN5UHRVWVJzTlE/edit?usp=sharing

All estimates of revenue are using funds only from the first IPO which is assumed as 25BTC.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:15:16 PM

IPO #1: This will be the first ever (xero) IPO which will begin on May 26th 2014. The target for the this IPO is 25BTC. During this IPO, 22.5% of the total supply will be distributed.

IPO #2: The second IPO will start on 30th September 2014. There will be a 10% add-on charge on each coin, taken from the average price per coin in IPO #1.

IPO #3: The second IPO will start on 31 December 2014. There will be a 10% add-on charge on each coin, taken from the average price per coin in IPO #1.

IPO #4: The second IPO will start on 31 March 2015. There will be a 10% add-on charge on each coin, taken from the average price per coin in IPO #1.

The add-on charge will be distributed to investors from previous IPOs as divdends.

Teka (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:58:04 PM

IPO #1: This will be the first ever (xero) IPO which will begin on May 26th 2014. The target for the this IPO is 25BTC. During this IPO, 22.5% of the total supply will be distributed.

IPO #2: The second IPO will start on 30th September 2014. There will be a 10% add-on charge on each coin, taken from the average price per coin in IPO #1.

IPO #3: The second IPO will start on 31 December 2014. There will be a 10% add-on charge on each coin, taken from the average price per coin in IPO #1.

IPO #4: The second IPO will start on 31 March 2015. There will be a 10% add-on charge on each coin, taken from the average price per coin in IPO #1.

The add-on charge will be distributed to investors from previous IPOs as divdends.

I see that your are on every IPO raising good concerns, shot answer is no.

Long answer:  I want to reward those who believed in the project from the very start. There would be no point in me looking over my shoulder because I run away with 100BTC. Im here for the long term growth as stated on a few occasions before this launch and making it clear that I believe I crypto.

I respect you're efforts in protecting the community as I try to protect it myself but please find out about the person you are accusing first. I've been here for over a year which granted is not that long in the scheme of things but I think that I have built enought trust to finally do this.

If the majority of people think this a bad idea, I will remove it. (adding a poll now)

Edit: I'm the founder of CoinAlliance and our transparency will be proven soon when the transactions report is published.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:00:50 AM

I'm willing to answer any concerns anyone has even if it means taking apart the plan word by word.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:13:42 AM

I see that your are on every IPO raising good concerns, shot answer is no.

Long answer:  I want to reward those who believed in the project from the very start. There would be no point in me looking over my shoulder because I run away with 100BTC. Im here for the long term growth as stated on a few occasions before this launch and making it clear that I believe I crypto.

I respect you're efforts in protecting the community as I try to protect it myself but please find out about the person you are accusing first. I've been here for over a year which granted is not that long in the scheme of things but I think that I have built enought trust to finally do this.

If the majority of people think this a bad idea, I will remove it. (adding a poll now)

Edit: I'm the founder of CoinAlliance and our transparency will be proven soon when the transactions report is published.

I wasn't aware that I was accusing you of anything, yet   Kiss

Heres some potential issues I see with your prospectus.

1. The Reinvestments
SCRYPT-X: Is a potential investment to which we believe 40% of the long term funds should be allocated to. Scrypt-X is a mining

project created by CRYPTX . CRYPTX has a history of creating profitable mining projects and has a proven background in this category.

At this current moment the project pays out 0.00057296BTC per dividend. This means that it would take 66 weeks to reach ROI.

66 weeks, (or 1.265 years) is a horrible ROI.
In the cryptocurrency market this is x10. So if that is the most you can expect from that investment you should look elsewhere.

and more importantly:

The Plan: Investors will have 49% of the voting power on where the funds are invested. Each investor will receive a percentage of this voting power depending on their initial investment. The rest of the voting will belong to the coin team.

Retaining 51% voting power means you will have majority decision on all votes. It doesn't really matter what the community decides or votes on, as you will still get to decide the outcome. If you want to do this grass-roots, for-us-by-us type of deal, you are going to need to relinquish control. You can't have it both ways. Either you are the leader and you make the decisions (but you will listen to feedback from the community), or it is a democratic and egalitarian system where a consensus is reached via voting. With that being said it's obviously still a good idea to give yourself an increased voting edge (10 or 15% seems fair, as obviously the team is more invested in the project than any one community member). This way your votes still have increased weight (due to your insight and informed position) but you can be outvoted by the community if they present an opposing plan that they feel is more beneficial.

Also thirdly and less importantly:
I don't believe investing in a scrypt miner is a good idea. At this point you've already missed the first wave, if you ordered now you would get into the second or third wave of shipments. By that time the hashing power on any "scrypt" coin will be so high it would be pointless to compete. As you already specified, it could take as long as 50 weeks to get a ROI. We saw this with the SHA256 ASICs. Everyone who got into the first wave of ASICs made a killing. Those that had shipments that were delayed or received their ASICs in the second or third wave are still hashing away trying to make their money back.
Most of the mining is now moving to X11 or Keccak/Groestl. Over the next year will have a ramp up in centralization of scrypt mining power just as we have seen with bitcoin.

What would make more sense is to just take those BTC and invest them into 10 different cryptocurrencies or cryptocurrency related businesses.
If you invest 1 BTC into 10 different currencies and after 6 months, even if 5 of them drop by 75%, 2 become worthless, 2 triple in value and one goes 10x; thats still 18.5 BTC ( .25 + .25 + .25 + .25 + .25 + 0 + 0 + 3 + 3 + 10 = 18.5 BTC ), or a 85% ROI in 6 months.

In the regular world a stock that can get you that kind of return would be amazing.

Teka (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 01:39:06 AM by Teka

@TheMightyX I think that the points you raise are more than valid .I was thinking of implementing such a plan but thought it might be to high risk. I'm all for community feedback especially when it raises valid points or ideas.

I expect more from the SCRYPT-X investment but I want to manage expectations.

Here is what I think the best solutions would be in all of this to minimise risk. I believe that at least 25% of the funds should be put into a long term investments such as scrypt x. The rest of the money could be divided into 'sections' with 25% (of the total ) going to business and 50% going to cryptocurrency. So in a 10BTC scenario 2.5 to business and 5BTC to coins.

We would then change divdend payout to a quarterly basis. I would also be happy to relinquish voting power of the team to 25%.

Sounds good?

P.S : Sorry for jumping the gun on the accusations thing but I'm sure that you understand  considering you are on bitcointalk.
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:37:08 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 05:31:25 AM by jibble

I like the ideas for the coin, people are bitching and moaning about no new features, but the fact that you have a coin with multi faceted income revenues that reward the coin holders is while not new, not yet done on such a level and with such complexity in the varying income revenues.

What i would suggest thou is that every single different income revenue/venture is controlled by a trusted committee member. sort of like how the CIA do shit, 10 people all working towards 1 goal(the coin) without direct access to the other one(investment ventures). So if something goes wrong with someone...deciding to run off or something , it is a loss of 10% of something instead of most of it. because no one person has complete control over any of the funds.

I would also say buying scrypt mining would be a lost cause and would not really see a return in money in the end. Investing would be main goal, but have them made into different sections a different person assigned to specific things....1 looking for the most profitable coins to mine, another finding new coins that are released that show promise and market cap increase in the first weeks of life. Someone looking for promising companies.

it really suits having a chat client /voting system, if you have each person in control of a certain specific type of investment that is representing part of the community, and then having 5 people who are relaying and looking out for coins or investments or websites to check out . this will be hundreds of work hours in a single day all relayed to the main person, who then can select the best potential options for voting

I think if it is super transparent while maintaining a properly function decentralised management structure . that is constantly adapting then it could be a great coin.

Main thing is adapting. long term investments in crypto that hasn't even existed really for more than 5 years is pretty dangerous in itself.

Synarchist

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:04:29 AM

moolah.io is great for escrow services, they took care of the dogecoin nascar escrow
Teka (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:25:41 AM

After all of the great points raised, we have decided to re-collaborate and hold of till AUG 22. Sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any concerns, please contact me via PM.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: