Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why does the price keep falling?  (Read 4477 times)
zhangweiwu

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:08:52 AM

LTC bagholders wanted to cash out on 19th.. LTC to fiat is too low so they convert to BTC.. But BTC is already in a downtrend so what are they going to do? Of course, convert BTC to fiat.

In that case, yes, BTC should be affected, but that train of thought is weakly linked IMHO. It is a supposition though.

What peak? You mean the bottom peak on march 3 before it rose? Or the top peak of the pump at march 4 after btcchina announced ltc? It's hard to check at bitcoinwisdom because I can't zoom any further.
I'm not sure when was the exact time BTCchina announced LTC or when insiders started to spread the news so I don't have any more info.
Just ask yourself if you remember any big news for BTC to get pumped that much on march 3-4.

I am speaking English as a second language. I thought peak only means the upward peak, the 'buttom peak' is perhaps called a dip?

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:55:21 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 07:23:53 AM by akujin

LTC bagholders wanted to cash out on 19th.. LTC to fiat is too low so they convert to BTC.. But BTC is already in a downtrend so what are they going to do? Of course, convert BTC to fiat.

In that case, yes, BTC should be affected, but that train of thought is weakly linked IMHO. It is a supposition though.
I don't think it's weak. The only thing holding LTC up is the hope that it will get pumped when it is added to houbi, but at the moment huobi started ltc trading, LTC got dumped. Since LTC hype is over, LTC is back to normal following BTC.
Meanwhile, BTC has been following it's own path after the BTCchina hype. And there's the news of other exchanges getting hacked, blockchain.info problem, etc.

I am speaking English as a second language. I thought peak only means the upward peak, the 'buttom peak' is perhaps called a dip?
I'm not an expert in stock market so I'm not sure  Grin
But in my field, peak could mean the top or the bottom and I also got confused with your question because BTCchina pump peak was at march 4

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
BTCalexxx2.0

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:41:07 PM

IMO, after gox, all momentum in bitcoin was lost.  

+100

That exactly was the breaking point. All credibility lost. Any chance of being widely accepted gone. Consequently, there is only one way BTC and all the other crypto crap is going, and it is pointing way done. Sometimes I tend to believe that it was meant to end with the fall of Gox. What is traded on the  exchanges these days is more of a Zombi coin than anything else. People who still have serious amounts of coins in their wallets are obviously micro-selling right now to avoid panic and a sudden crash. But they are leaving. That is for sure.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:10:13 PM

Because there's some guy with an illimitable supply of coins who wants to buy an island.  He's been selling for 563 USD for almost a full day now.  He was selling at 557 for 8 hours the day before.  Effectively he controls the world-wide price of bitcoin.  And he doesn't seem to care how much money he loses.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:46:36 PM

Because there's some guy with an illimitable supply of coins who wants to buy an island.  He's been selling for 563 USD for almost a full day now.  He was selling at 557 for 8 hours the day before.  Effectively he controls the world-wide price of bitcoin.  And he doesn't seem to care how much money he loses.

563$ is a good price if you bought below 1$. It's stupid not to sell now.
More exchanges will close or "freeze" funds, because they had an incident aka insider stealing coins.

Most exchanges are run by thieves. Bitstamp will be one of the next to close the doors. Just don't keep coins there.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:50:15 PM

563$ is a good price if you bought below 1$. It's stupid not to sell now.
More exchanges will close or "freeze" funds, because they had an incident aka insider stealing coins.

Most exchanges are run by thieves. Bitstamp will be one of the next to close the doors. Just don't keep coins there.

I don't think bitstamp is gonna run, I really doubt it tbh
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:08:25 PM

The price is artificially low right now...

It's a combination of people selling to offset next years capital gains (April starts a new tax year in most of the world.) If you sell now, then buy in April you can deduct the purchase price from next years gains.

Also you very likely have a few problematic actors selling a large amount of coins daily, this trend is limited to the coins they have for sale. The next two months will very likely offer the cheapest coins you will ever see again outside of rare flash-crash type situations lasting only minutes if they occur...

Bitcoin has so much attention compared to the past, Bitcoin the protocol is the foundation of Bitcoin the commodity; the foundation of Bitcoin is what we are all attracted to. Bitcoin is still extremely attractive. Anybody with hint of visionary can see that the protocol and supporting infrastructure is bound to impact the world from now on.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████