Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The United States blocked Tiktok and Wechat, the era of decentralized VPN is com  (Read 199 times)
Zeehaxan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

WhalesHeaven - Custody Free Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 11:12:10 AM

The confrontation between China and the United States has intensified, the fire of trade war has burned to the internet, isolationism is becoming more serious, countries will be more and more fragmented, centralized internet will be more strictly regulated by countries. So many overseas Chinese groups, there are so many cross-border businesses with WeChat and international students groups, can foresee the follow-up VPN will certainly rise a wave but does not rule out the use of Trump further blocked VPN, after all, VPN also involves the collection of United States user security and privacy issues, it seems to go to the center VPN. Now this field is Orchid, Mysterium and Tachyon several, and the products are out, Orchid has a star founder,https://tachyon.eco / these Goods have more than 900,000 global users, feel the market is huge Ah.
I though USA is pro tech and innovative creations but with this ban it does not seem to be the case. A healthy competition is always good for consumers no matter where the app or tech is based because user does not care for that they just look for utility and use case. You rightly said that blockhain based vpn projects will be more in demand due to all this and maybe China will ban some indian and american apps to in return so yes world will move to use vpns more and more.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 11:16:37 AM

With the advancement of technology today, trade wars also involve a site, application, or the web. where the country is involved in a trade war, will block the application or web related from the country concerned. This is not surprising, some time ago India also blocked PUBG and I think it is natural when a country blocks an application with a specific purpose. it is only a matter of its citizens who will later respond to this.
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 11:17:24 AM

How will the restrictions on Tiktok and Wechat in the USA. cause a growth of VPN? I don't catch your reasons for the statement. In China, there are strict control and management from Chinese governments on local Internet but in the USA. things are not like that. TikTok or Wechat is only one of app, even big ones but I don't think they change anything on the Internent globally.

There are news that Microsoft, Twitter plans to buy TikTok.
The United States has banned these two apps because they are Chinese products. In exactly the same way, Ukraine several years ago blocked access to one of the Russian social networks for residents of its country. It's all about wars and, how they say, "for reasons of national security".
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
August 11, 2020, 02:45:41 PM

Despite the fact that these things and such news will result in overall positive impact on many crypto projects and their demand and price can increase exponentially. In my opinion, there was no need to give bad taste to global peace and environment and this simply signifies that the diplomacy at global level is failing and perhaps the major reasons include intolerant leadership in big countries.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
RachelGreen
Copper Member

Activity: 360
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 10:01:23 AM

How will the restrictions on Tiktok and Wechat in the USA. cause a growth of VPN? I don't catch your reasons for the statement. In China, there are strict control and management from Chinese governments on local Internet but in the USA. things are not like that. TikTok or Wechat is only one of app, even big ones but I don't think they change anything on the Internent globally.

There are news that Microsoft, Twitter plans to buy TikTok.
I guess, his point is about the use of Tiktok, Wechat and other application or website that are banned on certain countries which can be cause of growth of VPN but I too think that it won't even matter as the majority of the users of VPN use it for additional protection and safe browsing. US doesn't even use WeChat as it doesn't provide the same features as China uses it. US have other apps that has the same use of WeChat for transaction and communication. Tiktok may have influence US and even provided some people sponsorship for their content but it won't matter as those sponsors will back out too due to the banning.

I want to say that a decentralized VPN will be in demand in any case !
This is only one of the reasons . I myself use it on my Android smartphone and I must say that it is quite convenient
It's quite a unique idea to involved cryptocurrency for a decentralized VPN but I don't really see that it will be as in demand as there are a lot of major VPN companies that are already out there.

I have to mention that Tachyon VPN has already reached one million global users with over one million MAU
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: