Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:34:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoGraffiti - Block Chain Message Encoder & Decoder  (Read 35382 times)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 12:06:38 PM

This is a major release. CryptoGraffiti now renders ANSI colours properly, see the screenshot below.

CHANGES in v0.90 since v0.85:
  • ANSI Colours are now properly decoded and displayed
  • OP_RETURN decoding support
  • New message box styling
  • Whole page is now served as a single minified monolithic html
  • Loading texts gradually appear while the page is loading its resources
  • Most page elements are now properly resized in accordance to the font size of the browser
  • Page header height is now dynamic and does not rely on CSS media queries
  • Buttons are now displayed uniformly across all browsers
  • Payment area now displays the QR code of the Message Encoder's BTC address
  • Users are now actively notified if the message encoder is not responding

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:54:17 PM

Good Job !  ( as usually should i say ) i really appreciate the efforts made to develop this  project . nice release !

keep on your good work  Wink
yenom

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:06:54 AM

This is great, I encoded a message and it worked well, even with the high fees at the moment. The instructions to view could be clearer.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 07:33:35 PM

This is a minor release. CryptoGraffiti now renders some block chain files immediately in the read tab.
For example, pdf and html files are displayed similarly to images. Also, individual TXs can now be
linked by their hash.

CHANGES in v0.91 since v0.90:
  • Added functionality for linking TXs and decoding them without needing metadata.
  • Fixed a style bug in write tab for Firefox that made the address area go beyond the screen.
  • Block chain files containing markdown are now rendered respectively to the markdown format.
  • Blockchain APIs that fail to respond in 3 seconds now have a gradually increasing cooldown period.

So let's say your block chain file has a transaction hash of b4f537bc536c392d425af0693e3282bbf697df01debeeaf7f9918b93af6bdd14
To directly link to that file for immediate viewing, you would have to format the link as follows:
http://cryptograffiti.info/#b4f537bc536c392d425af0693e3282bbf697df01debeeaf7f9918b93af6bdd14.pdf
Change the .pdf part accordingly to the preferred mime type that you wish to use when displaying the file contents.

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 08:16:22 AM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: https://redd.it/76lv0b

As of now, CryptoGraffiti.info has rejected the block chain
of the Bitcoin Core (SegWitCoin) fork.

This service is exclusive to Bitcoin P2P Digital Cash System.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 05:58:57 PM

I've an idea:

Can you add a way to write a message earth gps coordinates?
Maybe even encrypted messages.

You can add a section on the website, where it asks the gps coordinates on the browser, so it also works on android phones (maybe even iphone?)

The the user can enter a message, with those coordinates.

Data:
- GPS coordinates
- Title
- Clear message [it can be empty]
- Encrypted message with password - [This also can be empty]

You have to save somewhere all the messages, maybe with op_return in tx all to one single address, I don't know.
Anyway, all the user, by opening the page to this function, they will be able to see all the messages on all the earth.

The interesting thing about the encrypted messages, it is that it can be a way to force users to go to the exact place.
Example: Clear message: "the password is text written on the front wall of the chinese shop here"

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:51:17 AM

I've an idea:

Can you add a way to write a message earth gps coordinates?
Maybe even encrypted messages.

You can add a section on the website, where it asks the gps coordinates on the browser, so it also works on android phones (maybe even iphone?)

The the user can enter a message, with those coordinates.

Data:
- GPS coordinates
- Title
- Clear message [it can be empty]
- Encrypted message with password - [This also can be empty]

You have to save somewhere all the messages, maybe with op_return in tx all to one single address, I don't know.
Anyway, all the user, by opening the page to this function, they will be able to see all the messages on all the earth.

The interesting thing about the encrypted messages, it is that it can be a way to force users to go to the exact place.
Example: Clear message: "the password is text written on the front wall of the chinese shop here"

very interesting idea. Encoding the GPS coordinates behind OP_RETURN makes sense here. In this context even encryption makes sense. but nothing prevents others from spoiling the fun for you and posting the password publicly.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:01:32 PM

@Hyena
Do you mean somewhere near the same place?
Maybe you can solve this by adding a "soft-limit", I mean something like that if you put a message somewhere, it will cost "more" (maybe higher fee) to put another one near it.
While obviously everyone can put what ever they want on the blockchain, your "soft-limit" will hide other messages that aren't following the soft-rule.

Maybe you can also add another "soft-limit" (or "oft-rule") that will lover the cost of near messages after X time (maybe 1 month, or 1 year ...)
Maybe the user can choose to set this limit on his first message, examples:
- First message in coordinate X:Y: 0.0001 miners fee -> Near messages will need to pay 0.0005 miners fee in the next 1 month
- First message in coordinate X:Y: 0.001 miners fee -> Near messages will need to pay 0.005 miners fee in the next 6 months
- First message in coordinate X:Y: 0.01 miners fee -> Near messages will need to pay 0.05 miners fee in the next 1 year

Maybe you can find other better way to deal with it.

Still, I know that this doesn't stop someone from creating a new service with a map that doesn't follow the soft-rule/limit and shows all messages everywhere (and so the passwords for other near messages) ...

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:17:49 PM

@Hyena
Do you mean somewhere near the same place?
Maybe you can solve this by adding a "soft-limit", I mean something like that if you put a message somewhere, it will cost "more" (maybe higher fee) to put another one near it.
While obviously everyone can put what ever they want on the blockchain, your "soft-limit" will hide other messages that aren't following the soft-rule.

Maybe you can also add another "soft-limit" (or "oft-rule") that will lover the cost of near messages after X time (maybe 1 month, or 1 year ...)
Maybe the user can choose to set this limit on his first message, examples:
- First message in coordinate X:Y: 0.0001 miners fee -> Near messages will need to pay 0.0005 miners fee in the next 1 month
- First message in coordinate X:Y: 0.001 miners fee -> Near messages will need to pay 0.005 miners fee in the next 6 months
- First message in coordinate X:Y: 0.01 miners fee -> Near messages will need to pay 0.05 miners fee in the next 1 year

Maybe you can find other better way to deal with it.

Still, I know that this doesn't stop someone from creating a new service with a map that doesn't follow the soft-rule/limit and shows all messages everywhere (and so the passwords for other near messages) ...

I'm afraid this is very custom to a particular application, which is not the main idea behind cryptograffiti. It would make more sense to build another application for this specific use case and leave cryptograffiti the way it is.

superbotolo

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:12:18 AM

I am a huge fan of this service. Just to make sure I understand correctly, you are now using Bitcoin Cash only, right? Does this mean that messages are stored in the Bitcoin Cash blockchain only? Also, does it mean that when I see the cost of adding a message, expressed in BTC, that cost is in Bitcoin Cash?

Also, another question related to the way your system works. If I understand correctly, you take a message, you split it and then convert each segment into a bitcoin address. Does this mean that someone will receive Bitcoins only because his own wallet address is the same as the one you generated through the above conversion?
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 08:56:54 AM

you are now using Bitcoin Cash only, right?

Yes

Does this mean that messages are stored in the Bitcoin Cash blockchain only?

Yes

Also, does it mean that when I see the cost of adding a message, expressed in BTC, that cost is in Bitcoin Cash?

Yes.
Bitcoin Cash is the one and only, real and original Bitcoin as we have always known it, so I don't see any point in changing the BTC label into anything else.

Also, another question related to the way your system works. If I understand correctly, you take a message, you split it and then convert each segment into a bitcoin address. Does this mean that someone will receive Bitcoins only because his own wallet address is the same as the one you generated through the above conversion?

This is so improbable that we can safely say that it is practically impossible for anyone to receive those coins. However, cryptograffiti.info allows you to attach a custom payment to your message so that a user-defined Bitcoin address would receive a specified number of bitcoins inside the same transaction that writes your message on the block chain.

superbotolo

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:27:37 PM

Yes.
Bitcoin Cash is the one and only, real and original Bitcoin as we have always known it, so I don't see any point in changing the BTC label into anything else.

I totally understand your position and I respect it. It's just a little bit confusing to use BTC until this term is generally accepted to signify Bitcoin Cash.

Another question for you: do you think the blockchain could become a file repository in the future through systems like the one you have designed, or will tx fees always be an obstacle to this?
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:29:07 AM

I totally understand your position and I respect it. It's just a little bit confusing to use BTC until this term is generally accepted to signify Bitcoin Cash.

I might add a small dollar value label next to the BTC value to make it easier for people to perceive the cost of the message.

Another question for you: do you think the blockchain could become a file repository in the future through systems like the one you have designed, or will tx fees always be an obstacle to this?

If the dust threshold gets removed and maximum standard transaction size increased then it would definitely become more useful as a place to store memorable files and proofs of existence. It's only a matter of time those limits get removed because they really have no place in a free market economy. Only centrally controlled communist networks practice such limitations. However, I do believe using the bitcoin block chain for general purpose data storage in the same way dropbox was used is out of the question. It is simply not effective in any way to store low-value files on the Bitcoin block chain. Those files would be available to everyone (unless encrypted), but even encryption can be broken some time in the future which would expose the files to everyone. Also the cost of storage would always be there to discourage saving scrap files and messages on the block chain, which I really like because that way it is more likely that the content you can access from cryptograffiti is somehow meaningful and has some quality. If transaction fees get really low in the Bitcoin network then I might even crank up the message cost artificially to discourage spamming the block chain with low quality content. Ideally, artists and poets would use my platform to publish their work independently.

superbotolo

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:46:58 PM

I might add a small dollar value label next to the BTC value to make it easier for people to perceive the cost of the message.

Good idea! This would help people understand the true cost of posting a message and it would almost immediately make it clear that the BTC on your website means Bitcoin Cash.

However, I do believe using the bitcoin block chain for general purpose data storage in the same way dropbox was used is out of the question.

I love blockchain technology because it makes everything decentralized. I am intrigued by Ethereum because it has the potential to create a decentralized internet. No more need of software hosting, because software can be stored and run on the Ethereum blockchain. But storage still remains a limit. For example, it would be wonderful if blockchain technology in the future allow public administration to store their documents in a decentralized way, so that nobody can then go back and decide to remove or change some documents or limit the access to them.
jasonpeng

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:41:06 AM

I sent bitcoin cash to address, but nothing happens. Can anyone help ?
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 10:07:37 AM

I sent bitcoin cash to address, but nothing happens. Can anyone help ?

How much did you send? What's the transaction ID/hash? To which address and when did you send? Any of these would help to identify your problem.

jasonpeng

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:33:00 PM

This is the message of the payment page:

Please send exactly 0.00008583 bitcoins to QQFSE6SLDAWF742YDCLJ2N2UWGY7PXND4CTLNPH68A (12jjJxrC1o8mWqF2upkpvmRRCAs14Sj9CV)

But the address seems wrong. the QR code is also wrong
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 01:48:47 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 01:59:20 PM by Hyena

This is the message of the payment page:

Please send exactly 0.00008583 bitcoins to QQFSE6SLDAWF742YDCLJ2N2UWGY7PXND4CTLNPH68A (12jjJxrC1o8mWqF2upkpvmRRCAs14Sj9CV)

But the address seems wrong. the QR code is also wrong

I can see that someone has made an order 3353 on the 28th of July that requires 0.00008583 BCH to be paid to QQFSE6SLDAWF742YDCLJ2N2UWGY7PXND4CTLNPH68A (legacy address format: 12jjJxrC1o8mWqF2upkpvmRRCAs14Sj9CV).

However, no payment has been received neither on Bitcoin Cash nor on the Blockstream Token block chain.

If you are still certain that you made the payment the could you please give me the transaction identifier (hash).

EDIT:

I just received the payment you were talking about. Your order has now been filled and the respective TX is waiting for a miner to confirm it.
Here's the link: https://cryptograffiti.info/#86523

It will successfully decode your message when a mining pool such as bitcoin.com mines it.

jasonpeng

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:03:29 PM

I have successfully made the payment. However, how can I find my message in the Blockchain ?
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 02:14:25 PM

I have successfully made the payment. However, how can I find my message in the Blockchain ?

Your block chain message is currently waiting for a miner to confirm it. However, it says "This is the first time by me 201807-28 by ..."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: