Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:39:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining crypto on a smartwatch?  (Read 160 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 02:42:48 AM

Since there are many CPU-friendly PoW algorithms around, I've been wondering how would smartwatches come into play. Small computers like the Raspberry Pi and the ODROID are able to mine some crypto effectively using very little power. This leads me to believe that someday will be seeing anyone mining crypto from within their own smartwatch. If something like this is possible, it could further contribute towards the decentralization of a cryptocurrency's blockchain network.

I've seen hardware wallets (sort of) in a form of a smartwatch, so adding mining capabilities to such a little device should be a no-brainer. Do you think that it'll be possible to mine crypto on a smartwatch? Or is it still too early to tell? Your input will be greatly appreciated Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 05:39:21 AM

Isnt this what the controversial microsoft patent is about (the 666 patent number) ?

Basically its some cryptocurrency that is linked to some device which tracks movement like a smartwatch. I think its going to be some type of "Proof of Walking/Running". So if you walk 1KM or so you would mine a block or something with this currency. So far this is what I am guessing just reading the headlines, didn't have time to dive into it.

Since its a patent it might not actually ever be developed they just put it out there for research purposes, sometimes companies do this. They spend millions on patents but don't actually develop the product.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 07:35:43 AM

Everything is possible to happen as we know that technology will grow fast in the future. With one new technology was developed, that will trigger another new technology to grow, and that can make the whole technology will evolve too.

But the question is what coin that will be worth to mine with the smartwatch since I don't think that the hashrate will be too big depending on the other device. That is interesting to know what will happen in the future in the crypto world, and I think that can be a big curiosity to wait until it's release to the public.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
rikuu

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 12:02:08 PM

The problem with CPU mining is that there are lots of super computers very interested in using all those idle CPU cycles. Those supercomputers are already built and won't go anywhere despite mining profitability going down. It just needs to be barely profitable for them to be interested in mining.

There are also bots and malware using thousands and even millions of CPUs to mine with free electricity. For those reason, CPU mining will never be too profitable.
RozoTheMiner

Activity: 200
Merit: 103

Hello Bitcoin World!!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2020, 01:23:50 PM

You can already mine profitably on arm chips, which are the types of processor usually found in cell phones and raspberry pi.

In this video I'm going to be using a solar setup to run a rock Pi mining running a masternode and a lightning node.

How To Build An EASY Off Grid Solar System - Mining Cryptocurrency - Part 1
https://youtu.be/G2tg5TjWEDU

You can mine directly from the wallet and stake directly from the wall using a Raspberry Pi or even a cell phone.

I am heating my house with 4 miners integrated into my heating and air system. https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBitcoinMiner
Crypto Clothing and Gear https://TheBlockGear.com
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 06:33:25 PM

Isnt this what the controversial microsoft patent is about (the 666 patent number) ?

Basically its some cryptocurrency that is linked to some device which tracks movement like a smartwatch. I think its going to be some type of "Proof of Walking/Running". So if you walk 1KM or so you would mine a block or something with this currency. So far this is what I am guessing just reading the headlines, didn't have time to dive into it.

Since its a patent it might not actually ever be developed they just put it out there for research purposes, sometimes companies do this. They spend millions on patents but don't actually develop the product.

I can't imagine how mining crypto while walking would work, as there's the possibility of anyone "gaming the system" (cheating). But at least, the idea is there. Since smartwatches are similar to a low-powered computer (like the Raspberry Pi), that can be easily adapted to almost anything you could imagine as long as the hardware specs meet with certain requirements. Right now, specs on smartwatches are relatively poor (low RAM, sluggish CPU, etc), which could make mining crypto on them quite a challenging task.

Since we already have a hardware wallet in a form of a smartwatch, it could be possible that someday we might be able to mine crypto directly in our wearable devices with a CPU-friendly algo. Cuckoo cycle or even Yescrypt-based cryptocurrencies might be able to mine effectively on a smartwatch. I'd expect that once smartwatches experience an upgrade in hardware, developers will be more interested in making this a reality. It all comes down to supply and demand. If people are looking to mine crypto on the go with their smartwatch, we'll see apps emerge in the future that will fulfill said purpose. Otherwise, mining crypto on phones, tablets, and PCs, will be the norm for a very long time. I'd hope that different types of devices would be put to work in order to further contribute towards the decentralization of crypto and Blockchain technology. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: