Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is safer, USDT or Binance USD?  (Read 837 times)
optional7 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 03:11:11 AM

I'm going to deposit some money into Binance Lending, i find BUSD's interest rate is 1% higher than USDT. Which one is better?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lunatic_Pandora

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

saito.io

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 03:29:09 AM

I was asking myself the same question for a while but ended up just doing 70% Tether cuz I feel is a bit safer and 30% BUSD for the extra interest.

Drop by the Saito Arcade to play boardgames on-chain and earn cryptocurrency today! Interested? Visit us at saito.io
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 03:32:14 AM

I'm going to deposit some money into Binance Lending, i find BUSD's interest rate is 1% higher than USDT. Which one is better?
As long as you will not move from binance exchange site and BUSD is much better than USDT. You should remember binance is a good exchange site but when you are looking for the liquidity and USDT will become your answer. I vote for BUSD
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 03:35:48 AM

I think I will choose USDT than BUSD obviously because of the liquidity value but then Binance is a big exchange but Tether can be used in more than one exchange, that flexibility is something i will likely like to stay with..But both of them are secure coins

Lunatic_Pandora

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

saito.io

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 03:53:37 AM

There's no need to go all in into one or the other. I don't think Binance is that trustable, leverage yourself with the 2 of them to an amount you're comfortable with and earn on both. I felt comfy with 70/30, maybe you can try 80/20 or 60/40 or anything really, no reason not to exploit the higher return rate with a bit of risk.

Drop by the Saito Arcade to play boardgames on-chain and earn cryptocurrency today! Interested? Visit us at saito.io
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 03:57:17 AM

Both are good but you know how risky it is to trust a centralized platform. Still there are risk that associated with it. I can say I will be more confident on Binance affiliated projects. busd product is just new but their CEO are likely to provide a good liquidation on every asset that they acquired or introduced. Example of this is trust wallet, wazirX and even coinmarketcap. They make sure their own allies goes up and well backed up. BUSD served as their stablecoin so definitely they will make it more interesting and many earnings.
rajakulam

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 04:05:20 AM

I would recommend USDT from BUSD because many markets already work with USDT, but if you stay in the Binance market then BUSD is better than USDT

Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 04:16:34 AM

Binance USD (BUSD) is a new USD-denominated stablecoin approved by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) that will be launched in partnership with Paxos and Binance. ...

@OP, A quick google search about Busd and it came up with the above, busd is not just a stale coin but also backed by the New York state department of financial services which can not be said for other stable coin, with this very vital piece of information, I would go with Busd rather than usdt, it is more secured than other stable coin,  then again the choice is yours to make.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 05:13:47 AM

Binance USD (BUSD) is a new USD-denominated stablecoin approved by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) that will be launched in partnership with Paxos and Binance. ...

@OP, A quick google search about Busd and it came up with the above, busd is not just a stale coin but also backed by the New York state department of financial services which can not be said for other stable coin, with this very vital piece of information, I would go with Busd rather than usdt, it is more secured than other stable coin,  then again the choice is yours to make.

Yes, based on the indication given by you, most of the people who choose to hold their profit in BUSD only because the saving for BUSD has a higher rate in Binance compared to USDT. So when I make a profit in trading I used to convert them to BUSD only in order to get interest.

aaronkow

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 05:28:56 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2020, 08:41:37 AM by aaronkow

Newbie here. I'm still figuring out why Binance coin is still better than USDT (Tether)?

Apart from the lower maker/taker fees using Binance coin , I don't really see the advantage of using BNB (plus the volatility of BNB price which is influenced by BTC price). Can someone care to explain?

Sorry for asking this seemingly stupid question.  Tongue

P/S: Planning to work in Singapore? Contact Ren Ai Group today, a Singapore recruitment firm which also offer human resource shared services , payroll outsourcing Singapore , employment pass application etc.
takana212

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 05:44:59 AM

if you only invest in binance markets it is better to invest in BUSD because a trading altcoin is easier to use BUSD, but if you also invest in other markets it is better to choose USDT because more markets provide exchange through USDT.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 05:53:42 AM

Newbie here. I'm still figuring out why Binance coin is still better than USDT (Tether)?

Apart from the lower maker/taker fees using Binance coin , I don't really see the advantage of using BNB (plus the volatility of BNB price which is influenced by BTC price). Can someone care to explain?

Sorry for asking this seemingly stupid question.  Tongue

P/S: Planning to work in Singapore? Contact Ren Ai Group today, a Singapore recruitment firm which also offer human resource shared services , payroll outsourcing Singapore , employment pass application etc.

Bro you are confusing the two coin, bnb and Busd are two different coin, base on what @op is asking, busd is a stable coin introduced by Binance not quite long ago, bnb on the other is the platform coin use for fees and also for participating in Binance launchpad, this two coin perform different functions, without bnb you can't take part on Binance ieo which is also important,
Bnb is not the only coin with high volatility, it is the same with other coins and nothing that can be done about that.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 05:54:50 AM

For now usdt is more popular than BUSD but it only a matter of time, BUSD belongs to binance and in near future BUSD will be more popular too, if you are going to use binance exchange then go for BUSD instead

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 06:31:58 AM

It is about trust and transparency. BUSD is Binance USD while USDT cuts across many exchanges. For the interest you can go ahead because of the interest since Binance exchange has a good liquidity.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 06:58:53 AM

BUSD is better on binance exchange so if you are using binance then choose BUSD but generally USDT is more better if you aren't using binance exchange, USDT is available everywhere and it's one of the few stable coins with highest volume

Kunnu

Activity: 1204
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 07:38:55 AM

Usdt is far better than busd because it's not depend only on a single cryptocurrency exchange as we know that usdt is available on almost every cryptocurrency exchange as a trading pair besides Bitcoin and eth and the most important thing, in the matter of adoption and market capitalization busd is nowhere to compare usdt and this is the simple point to understand which one is more capable between both.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 07:48:55 AM

I think your OP title "Which is safer, USDT or Binance USD?" is confusing regarding your point which is the interest rate. But let me answer this way if the interest rates of BUSD deposits are much higher compare to USDT deposit it is better to go for BUSD because it was offering much higher interest rates and of course BUSD is a stable coin guaranteed by Binance exchange as a Binance user since 2017 I can say that it was a trusted exchange platform and much safer compare to others.  
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 07:52:03 AM

Both are safe because busd is from binance which is trusted and usdt is recommendable stable coin and also the highest volume of all cryptos. In terms of interest rate you should go busd.
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 08:02:14 AM

Both usdt and BUSD are centralized stable coins but if I have to pick based on popularity the answer is USDT, also on volume based it's USDT, I think any offers on BUSD is only useful if you are using binance exchange

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 08:38:17 AM

I was asking myself the same question for a while but ended up just doing 70% Tether cuz I feel is a bit safer and 30% BUSD for the extra interest.

Tether always feels safe but most people keep USDT in exchanges, which then nullifies whichever currency you want. Keeping Tether in your own ETH wallet is probably okay but I would just as well convert it all to fiat currency in USD and insure it. That is way safer than storing on any exchange waiting to get hacked!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀