Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet for different altcoins.  (Read 522 times)
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 07:05:35 PM

New to the scene here and I have a question. When you mine for different altcoins, do you have to have different wallet for each? Or you can have 1 wallet and use it for all the altcoins you mine?

Lets say I have a wallet in |Trust Wallet, can I use that address for storing different altcoins that I mine?

I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say. Sorry but my English is not so good.
No man, you don't use the same address for storing different coins, but you can use the same wallet to store many coins. There is a difference between wallet and addresses. Wallet is where all your coins are stored, while an address is unique to every coin there is. If you send a bitcoin to an Ethereum address it will get lost, the same thing if you do the same for other coins.

If you're making use of the Trust wallet then you should add the coins you want to be storing in that wallet and when you click on them you will see an option to either send or receive. You click on the receive button and it will bring up the unique address for the coin you're about to receive and you can copy it before sending. For bitcoin addresses, electrum is also supporting us by giving new address if we opt for change to be used in options.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 07:16:21 PM

Keeping all your money in one wallet is not a wise choice, you could lose your entire fortune if you encounter a fraud or lose your wallet.
Dividing assets into parts and keeping them in different wallets is a choice many people use. Ideally, you should use a separate wallet for each altcoin that you are holding.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 07:24:47 PM

if I'm not mistaken, the coins produced from mining have different wallets that fit their platform. I mean, it's not much different, like new tokens or coins generated from the erc20 Platform, so it can be stored in the form of a Myetherwallet wallet, Trust wallet and the like that are related to the erc20 platform.

nikki4

Activity: 496
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 03:30:57 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2020, 03:44:07 AM by nikki4

Hello all,

New to the scene here and I have a question. When you mine for different altcoins, do you have to have different wallet for each? Or you can have 1 wallet and use it for all the altcoins you mine?

Lets say I have a wallet in |Trust Wallet, can I use that address for storing different altcoins that I mine?

I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say. Sorry but my English is not so good.
You can store several coin in one wallet as you know trust wallet. I don't suggest you to store in trust wallet, single wallet isn't secure for all coin although trust has some issue. All top coin is supporting by several wallet even new wallet but for long time you should use different wallet for different coin.
Jateng

Activity: 1264
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 04:45:16 AM

if I'm not mistaken, the coins produced from mining have different wallets that fit their platform. I mean, it's not much different, like new tokens or coins generated from the erc20 Platform, so it can be stored in the form of a Myetherwallet wallet, Trust wallet and the like that are related to the erc20 platform.
If its an ERC20 token then it can probably in different wallets which supported by ETH. If its a different token then I suggest to generate different wallet. You can easily create a multiwallrt in Trust Wallet, it safe since you have the only one who can access your wallet. There's no issue yet in using Trust Wallet or Myetherwallet. You can access them easily and monitor always.

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 06:34:20 AM

Hello all,

There is no mining for tokens so what you stored in your trust wallet cannot generate any income from mining. Maybe staking by holding but only coins that are intended for mining should have their own wallet like bitcoin and ethereum.

The purpose of multi wallet such as trust wallet is only for storing and not for mining. Hope I help you OP.

bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 07:19:03 AM

Exodus wallet the best one
Has a beautiful interface, supports even the most useless shitcoin.
And non-custody as a nice addition.
Grumbled
Copper Member

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 08:19:34 AM

Hello all,

I think it is safe if each token has there own wallet for ERC20, because if you will choose one wallet in a different altcoin that would be risky I guess. Aside from that, I had no question about using one wallet in different coins. However, the decision still remain in your hands of course.
good day.

one wallet for most or major Altcoins is achievable I have come across many wallets that are cross blockchain for example. The hybrid wallet supports 32 blockchains. They are not just popular
itsv

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 08:29:20 AM

yes a very good wallet for storing multiple coins/tokens. However I would suggest you to store Ether based tokens in myehterwallet use metamask browser extension. And for coins it would be good to store them in official wallet for each coin. I know it's bit hectic but there is a saying "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" So for better security you should consider this.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 08:48:46 AM

Tokens are built on different block chain that has it's own native coins.  For example, Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, TRX, OMNI etc. So I will advice if you are mining get a particular coin wallet where the token is..but if it is to just hold you can use the multiwallet like atomic wallet, coinomi, yrustwallet, Mathwallet.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 12:10:03 PM

Hello all,

You don't need another wallet cos trust wallet can handle many altcoins out there, all presently profitable coins to mine are available on trust wallet so no problem at all
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 12:11:46 PM

Hello all,

I am using exodus for storing many of my altcoins. So far it has not given me any problem. Exodus is available in desktop and mobile devices and is an easy to use multi-currency software wallet. For me the wallet excels in its simple design and easy to navigate user interface. It has also superb online support. You can even generate all private keys for every altcoins stored in the wallet and lets you also exchange between currencies.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 12:28:02 PM

Hello all,

You will need to create multi wallet account on trust wallet, this will give you access to every altcoins you desire, you can always add or remove, from litecoin to enjin address, trust wallet got you covered, if you aren't satisfied with trust wallet then look for others like atomic or monarch wallet

giammangiato
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1246

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 02:49:53 PM

Hello all,

hello, I personally use various multicoin wallets, the best solution to keep all your coins in one place, trustwallet is the one I use most for the various erc20 tokens and for many coins that I keep, even coinomes can be an excellent alternative. I also use freewallet to quickly exchange many coins that are not supported in the exchange where I am registered. the latter to be used with caution since it does not give the possibility of having a recovery phrase

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
takana212

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 03:02:54 PM

Of course, because Trust Wallet supports many types of altcoin, but it all depends on the coins that you mine because there are some coins that provide desktop wallets, where we have to install a wallet on our PC.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2020, 03:11:11 PM

First make sure to check if the altcoins you are mining are ERC-20 token standard tokens of Ethereum network. If yes, then you can use many wallets like Trust, Enjin, Ledger etc to store them. But if they are not then you will most probably need to download their own wallets.

Kisifer (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:05:56 AM

Thanks to each one of you for the great info. I understood that you can store you mined coins in a single wallet as long as they are supported from it. Also when you mine that coin you need to enter the specific coin address to the miner (you get the address from the multi-wallet).

Also you can get the original wallet from the coin you mine, so you have one wallet for each different coin you mine (more secure).

I'm mining coins that are from 0,5-10$ value!!!
akwfleaspirit

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:11:40 AM

Mining altcoins and storing in wallet depends s on the compatibility of the token and wallet, as a crypto merchant, you need different wallets and all depends on how compatible they are to the particular wallet you intend to use. Some tokens have there special wallets while others are ERC compactible. Just like electroneum cannot be stored in trust or imtoken wallet, and also Energi token cannot be saved in ERC wallets. So my point is, not all altcoins can be stored in one wallet, you need different wallets to store coins you mine, depending on the compatibility of the token to wallets.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:23:37 AM

yes a very good wallet for storing multiple coins/tokens. However I would suggest you to store Ether based tokens in myehterwallet use metamask browser extension. And for coins it would be good to store them in official wallet for each coin. I know it's bit hectic but there is a saying "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" So for better security you should consider this.

im looking for a different and unique coment to reply on and i found this though this trick isnt realy new because me myself have heard this before but still this trick is useful so that we wouldnt lost all our coin on one single moved made by hackers  .  you sugested mew which is also i support more than trust wallet that op have been using  becuase mew is a wallet that is already a pioneer on this scene and already gain recognition or reputation  .  pairing it with metamask and your now pretty solid  .
RozoTheMiner

Activity: 200
Merit: 103

Hello Bitcoin World!!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 01:59:10 PM

I use the Verus desktop, it works for hundreds of coins.

It's one of the easiest multicoin wallet I've ever tried!

https://veruscoin.io/wallet

I am heating my house with 4 miners integrated into my heating and air system. https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBitcoinMiner
Crypto Clothing and Gear https://TheBlockGear.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: