Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:48:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India's new financial package is a national laughing stock - what do you think?  (Read 643 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 09:47:51 PM

My conclusion: The entire package doesn't talk about any direct help for the people. It only talks about cheaper loan availability to the industries. A classic example of directionless leadership.

What do you think?

Perhaps banks needs to re-assess those who wanted to get a loan and perhaps the pen factory is not on the list of priorities that's why they offer a cheap loan? And with the government's and banks limited budget, I think not only in India that you can see this, as well as other parts of the globe as well.

This is really sad though as a lot of small business are really closing down because of the effect but the hands of the government are really tied at this point. I'm not siding with the government or bank here, but they can't do everything to help everyone.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 07:13:08 AM

I agree with you op. What also can you expect from someone like Modi? He is easily one of the worst world leaders I have seen in recent times. Even Trump is better in comparison in certain aspects in my opinion.

It baffles me as to how he got re-elected with most votes in his favor. Almost every single decision that he made was bad for the country on the whole(GST, Demonetization etc) in an unplanned manner screwing the common man royally.

Indian unemployment rates are at an ATH currently and its development rate has slowed down drastically. After all this, he now claims that India will emerge stronger from this pandemic when he himself made the situation worse for the country.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 756

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 09:31:17 AM

My conclusion: The entire package doesn't talk about any direct help for the people. It only talks about cheaper loan availability to the industries. A classic example of directionless leadership.

What do you think?

Perhaps banks needs to re-assess those who wanted to get a loan and perhaps the pen factory is not on the list of priorities that's why they offer a cheap loan? And with the government's and banks limited budget, I think not only in India that you can see this, as well as other parts of the globe as well.

This is really sad though as a lot of small business are really closing down because of the effect but the hands of the government are really tied at this point. I'm not siding with the government or bank here, but they can't do everything to help everyone.

Not really, governments are simply printing money to tackle the condition but they are not willing to save everyone they just care for the one who is rich and this is happening on many parts of the world.Governments are trying to help the owner because they are the one who pays more taxes to the government but they forget that every employer is also a citizen/consumer so they are literally paying taxes for everything which is even more than rich individuals.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 01:27:45 PM

What do you think?

Not really, governments are simply printing money to tackle the condition but they are not willing to save everyone they just care for the one who is rich and this is happening on many parts of the world.Governments are trying to help the owner because they are the one who pays more taxes to the government but they forget that every employer is also a citizen/consumer so they are literally paying taxes for everything which is even more than rich individuals.

Yes, that's exactly my point, as much as government really wanted to help everyone, most of the time, they don't have a choice. Of course, if you are rich, you could get some favours, and we can't really deny that. I think it is already part of the system. But I will say that it is unacceptable, but with the recent crisis, governments or banks will have to prioritise, in my opinion.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 02:58:17 PM

India, under the leadership of Modi has recently announced a financial package to help all segments of people in the country. The approximate value of the package is 263 billion USD and people are laughing at it. Modi has again proved himself unworthy of leadership because there's no direct help offered to any segment of people. He has just made a lot of loans available for all. Let me summarize the entire scenario with a beautiful story. The author of the story is unknown.

The story:
My neighbor Alex works for a pen factory. One fine morning, he came knocking my door. After few pleasantries, he asked for monetary help as his factory is closed for last 2 months due to the COVID induced lockdown and he was not paid his salaries. So he asked for some money so that he can feed his family. After listening, I requested him to come after 2 days and promised that I will arrange something for him.

After 2 days, Alex again came knocking my door. Today I offered him a cup of coffee and after few pleasantries I told him that, I have had a discussion with the local bank manager and arranged for a loan of $100,000 for his pen factory owner. So I asked him to speak to his pen factory owner so that the owner can get the loan from the local bank to resume his production and send the manufactured pen to the market. Once the pens are sold, the owner can then pay the installments of the loan and also pay the salaries of the employees.

Alex fainted!

What do you think?

Your post makes me wonder about a lot of things. Does India have any social protection fund or welfare for unemployed people? For example, when employees signed under contract with companies, there is usually a clause of unforeseen situations where the company must halt their works, they could pay their employees with salary-but-off-work (amount of salary is negotiable between employees and companies when such thing happen). This is just a temporary way to keep employees not completely out of company and also help them have a workforce ready when the situation back to normal (usually for a few months). If not, then do workers pay some kind of tax that when they become unemployed, they could apply to receive some benefit. Although not much, just enough to keep them afloat to looking for a new job.

This is normally how I see from the workplace so aid package should aim toward 1) company and 2) unemployed. Low interest loan ain't going to help much especially only aim at the company when thing hasn't back to normal while unemployed still have mouths to feed.
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 03:47:12 PM

Better such a package than none at all. It's not much, but it's something. India is still not the richest country and I believe that in the current situation this is not a small amount of money for them.
In addition, in comparison with the same US - situation in  India is much better (1,897,380 infected against 236,184 in India / 109,132 deaths against 6,649 in India)
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 04:17:08 AM

India, under the leadership of Modi
Lets not call it "Leadership". This man is simply out there trumpeting himself in the hope of establishing himself as a sort of RW parallel to Nehru. The freakish tendency to coin acronyms and tell people out 3 D'S, 4 S's or whatever the fuck he come up with next is worrying. Authorities down the line are least concerned about performing or real ground results as long as the media and the ardent supporters remain hypnotized.

What do you think?

The loans being extended to MSME's on a "No-collateral, zero interest" for first year are basically business loans which the Indian economy would have needed anyways. Especially after the fiasco of an ill-implemented GST. In the garb of this package, the opportunist BJP has exposed its true neo-liberal face. They literally have zero idea about the poor and disenfranchised of this country. They completely forgot about the migrant workers while implementing the lockdown resulting in people walking hundreds of kilometers on foot to reach their villages where they could hope to at least have food to survive. All the much touted "Dreams of new India" have been ruthlessly crushed by this calamity that Modi and BJP have put the poor of India through in the last 2 months.

The so-called "package" also talks about disinvestment of Public enterprises. Even the profitable ones. This is another step by BJP to strengthen its business-support group. They already paid back Ambani with favorable regulatory stances to help establish Jio at the cost of other telecom giants. The next in line seems to be the big Oil and manufacturing PSU's. Get ready to see another round of lucrative acquisitions by the private sector in the form of prime locations and factories at cheap prices.

This "Package" is a Joke on the poor and the salaried middle classes who will pay for it by taxes.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: