Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Concordium] The Promise of Blockchain for Business 🌍🌎🌏  (Read 1293 times)
beniissembert

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2020, 07:07:58 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 02:48:19 PM by mprep

Frankly, you've made my day. Kindness lately has been quite rare especially in the crypto space. Your warming words are incredible. thanks for this and looking forward to discussing.
It has been clarified without any doubt, bitcointalk is a big forum with all levels of intellectual people that will find this project interesting enough to support it, am sure your community will grow in no time with the right set of people, I wish to see you succeed in this part. Best of luck.

Good morning here.
I'm very proud and honored to say that Professor Ivan Damgård has received the PKC Test-of-Time Award.
Ivan is one of the Heads of our Academic Research Center (COBRA) at Aarhus University together with Jesper Nielsen and Claudio Orlandi and he's a champion of privacy and identity.
His paper on Paillier’s probabilistic public-key system is very accessible even for neophytes like me. I put the link to the academic paper below, with the hope that our beloved moderator will not ban this post.
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F3-540-44586-2_9

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 10:39:56 PM

Hey there, thanks for this and I'll try to provide some answers.
So, we are on Bitcointalk for the following reasons:
- We would like to confront our tech vision with the most relevant people
- We would like to open some Pandora boxes when it comes to usability and agnosticism when it comes to the Blockchain
- We would like to identify potential partners when it comes staking and running some use-cases
- We would like to spread our scientific publication for better popularization of our concepts
- We would like to know and engage with a community of early tech supporters and future developers on Concordium
- We would like to meet great human beings

We are NOT on Bitcointalk for:
- Looking for new investors
- Creating useless FOMO
- Raising funds
- Launching an ICO / IEO
- Launching an Airdrop or a Bounty program

I hope this is clarifying our intent.
cheers  Cheesy

Okay, so there's no bounty. but in here that is the way to promote your project faster through this forum but maybe you have another way to do that. You look like a good thinker, I think you have everything planned well. I hope the list of your reason get a good response.

beniissembert

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 06:06:55 AM

This is a legit question. Actually, all questions are legit if you think about it.
So you are right, we are not going to use commons practices to promote and push the project but we will engage with our growing community using our network sustainers? programs, i.e. Baking and Finalizing ofc but also our upcoming Ambassador Program (you can already reach me via pm) and many more to come.
And sorry for that but no bounty and no airdrop, we will leave these practices to other projects.

Hey there, thanks for this and I'll try to provide some answers.
So, we are on Bitcointalk for the following reasons:
- We would like to open some Pandora boxes when it comes to usability and agnosticism when it comes to the Blockchain
- We would like to identify potential partners when it comes staking and running some use-cases
- We would like to spread our scientific publication for better popularization of our concepts
- We would like to know and engage with a community of early tech supporters and future developers on Concordium

- Creating useless FOMO
- Raising funds
- Launching an ICO / IEO

cheers  Cheesy

Okay, so there's no bounty. but in here that is the way to promote your project faster through this forum but maybe you have another way to do that. You look like a good thinker, I think you have everything planned well. I hope the list of your reason get a good response.
CryptoLordguru

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

play bold and get rewarded!!

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 10:21:24 AM

1. Concordium will not conduct any public funding. No ICO, no IEO. Period. We have secured several rounds of funding and we will open a new one in a couple of weeks but only for accredited investors, VCs and Family offices.

So if this project is fully funded privately enough to keep development going, why is it necessary to have an announcement thread here on Bitcointalk? Usually most projects does this to attract potential investors but in your own case it is different.

5. Concordium has a clear business orientation with already in development use cases in the automobile, Identity and Voting industries.

Nice to know there is a use case for this project, this is where many upcoming projects are lacking, the ability to provide the much needed utility for their tokens /coin, although am curious how it will be use in the identity and voting industries, which of the countries it will start initially.

And will you be hosting a bounty at some point?
I do agree with you and I do have the same questions popping out in my mind. Can @beniissembert provide more information. Also it will be good to have some bounty programs, at least the signature bounty so that the names could be everywhere and reaching as many as possible.
beniissembert

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 11:17:18 AM

Concordium and our friends from Cobra have participated in the Theory and Practice of Blockchains Seminar. You can watch Simon Kamp, Bernardo Magri, Christian Matt, Jesper Buus Nielsen, Søren Eller Thomsen and Daniel Tschudi's presentation "Leveraging Weight Functions for Optimistic Responsiveness in Blockchains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfyTfr4xZT4
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 12:58:32 PM

Also it will be good to have some bounty programs, at least the signature bounty so that the names could be everywhere and reaching as many as possible.

The team already gives an answer about these, they are here not for Bounty or even airdrop. It's mean they have another option for their promotion and marketing strategy. I think the team wouldn't give another answer to questions like this anymore. Because all explanations already mentioned before.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
beniissembert

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2020, 02:18:08 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 02:56:36 PM by mprep

From the Pedersen Commitment to a public permissionless blockchain architecture there is a world, and it is Torben Pedersen’s world. Discover what Concordium means to our CTO Dr. Torben Pryds Pedersen.
This is where you will find the interview:
https://medium.com/concordium/from-the-pedersen-commitment-to-concordium-b6d9fe623b40
To our dear moderators, this is not an advertising link, please do not delete it?

We are proud to announce that the Indian Institute of Science is joining the Concordium family as our new scientific partner. ISS is part of our Academic Council together with Aarhus University and ETH Zurich.
https://medium.com/concordium/the-indian-institute-of-science-to-join-concordium-academic-council-ba53b3b0722f

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2020, 09:10:22 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2020, 09:20:12 AM by wwzsocki

...we are on Bitcointalk for the following reasons:

- Creating useless FOMO
- Raising funds
- Launching an ICO / IEO

cheers  Cheesy

I wish that more legit projects will take an example from the Concordium team and will publish their ANN threads here on the Bitcointalk forum as it was a few years ago.

This started to change during the ICO craziness in 2017-2018 when many, especially, scammy projects chose to not have any connection with Bitccointalk because that was a big threat for them to be exposed by experienced forum members. This is sad because a couple of legit projects chose to not present themselves here also because of BTC maximalists and lack of acceptance for new projects.

Today everything seems to be different and I have just read that old BTC developer Gavin Andersen sees ETH2.0, as a way to scale BTC, so I am sure the community is evolving and even biggest BTC maximalists finally open their eyes to different cryptocurrencies and new blockchain-related projects.

https://twitter.com/gavinandresen/status/1271561026199261185

...our upcoming Ambassador Program (you can already reach me via pm)...

Can you please say something more about the Ambassador Program?

Who are you looking for and what are the requirements, are you maybe looking for translators or community managers?

Please be more specific and provide details about the program if possible.

beniissembert

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 05:59:09 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 03:26:51 PM by mprep
Merited by wwzsocki (1)

Hey!
Thanks a lot of your kind words. Indeed, we came in a very « naive » way to BitcoinTalk, to present our project and confront our ideas with some of the best opinion leaders we could find.
Regarding our ambassador program, it’s still early to disclose the details. We plan to proceed just after the summer.
But meanwhile, you are more than invited to send me your CV (bi (a) concordium.com) and ofc to join our discussion channels and to follow us on Twitter.
But more than everything else, best would be to learn a bit about what we do, our tech documentation will be released by next week and I’ll add the link here.
Cheers.

...we are on Bitcointalk for the following reasons:

- Creating useless FOMO
- Raising funds
- Launching an ICO / IEO

cheers  Cheesy

I wish that more legit projects will take an example from the Concordium team and will publish their ANN threads here on the Bitcointalk forum as it was a few years ago.

This started to change during the ICO craziness in 2017-2018 when many, especially, scammy projects chose to not have any connection with Bitccointalk because that was a big threat for them to be exposed by experienced forum members. This is sad because a couple of legit projects chose to not present themselves here because of BTC maximalists and lack of acceptance for new projects.

Today everything seems to be different and I have read that BTC developer Gavin Andersen sees ETH2.0 as a way to scale BTC, so I am sure the community is evolving and even biggest BTC maximalists opened their eyes to different cryptocurrencies.

https://i.imgur.com/XlGiQ9B.png
https://twitter.com/gavinandresen/status/1271561026199261185

...our upcoming Ambassador Program (you can already reach me via pm)...

Can you please say something more about the Ambassador Program?

Who are you looking for and what are the requirements, are you maybe looking for translators or community managers?

Please be more specific and provide details about the program if possible.

We are sometimes asked why we have chosen to code in Rust and Haskell our blockchain.
Please a beginning of answer on this blog and let us know what you feel?
https://link.medium.com/d7FQDeGSn7

We are a couple days away from our Testnet 2. For that purpose, testers must upgrade their nodes.
This is how.
https://medium.com/concordium/time-to-upgrade-your-nodes-3ba91d9c693a

LaaMos Seeth

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 11:58:13 PM

Hi.
Is it mandatory to use docker? No other way?
And how many coins does a running node get on average? And will test coins moved to the main network?
beniissembert

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 06:30:52 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 03:38:37 PM by mprep

Hi.
Is it mandatory to use docker? No other way?
And how many coins does a running node get on average? And will test coins moved to the main network?
So, yes, mandatory to use Docker, no other way at this stage.
In regards of the average coins, it really depends on a lot of parameters. Best is to try and check by yourself.
Test-GTU won’t be moved to Mainnet no. But early testers will get a significant advantage at launch if you follow my thoughts.

Today we are extremely pleased to announce the launch of our Testnet 2!  Find out how to play with our network and mobile app.
What’s in the box?
[Node] — Passive node: A node that participates in the Concordium network. It relays messages, provides an API for submitting transactions and inspecting the chain, and processes blocks, but does not produce any blocks on its own.
[Node] — Baker node: Does everything a passive node does, but in addition participates in consensus, producing blocks.
[Node] — Finalizer node: Does everything a baker node does, but in addition, participates in the finalization part of our consensus.
[Client] — Tools for interacting with the container
[Mobile app] — Android-based Concordium ID with an Identity service - Download here
[Mobile app] — Creating identities
[Mobile app] — Creating accounts
[Mobile appt] — Making transfers
[Mobile appt] — Depositing Testnet-GTU tokens
[Mobile app] — Exporting identities and accounts
[Identity] — Integration with Notabene
[Identity] — Notabene developer identity flow for easy generation of test-identities
[Identity] — Notabene identity flow
[Visualization] — An improved network dashboard including a simple block explorer
[Visualization] — A node dashboard with support for becoming a baker
https://medium.com/concordium/concordium-releases-testnet-2-35a707702698?sk=f26225da858e5b390d93d77df76e0859

There is a new update of the app! You can download it here https://developer.concordium.com/testnet/docs/downloads#concordium-id
What's new?
We identified an issue when using an identification document with no expiry date (such as a Swiss driving license).  The app crashed upon completion of the ID issuance process. This issue has been resolved and you can now download the new version.
The node software is unaffected by this update.

We have another great news. The Institute of Tech from Copenhagen just joined Concordium Academic Council.
What a great news!
https://link.medium.com/HR9FcSXTT7

beniissembert

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2020, 09:05:40 AM

Me again  Wink
Listen to our Scientific Advisor, Bernardo David, share his views on the history, current state and future of #blockchaintechnology somersault.one/podcast/
raoulbtc

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 07:25:35 AM

business in what form can use Concordium blockchain technology and what are the most prominent benefits of the Concordium blockchain for the business world

I think that blockchain can be useful for business but it was so many cryptocurrency startups that offers solutions for business but did not realized them. What do you plan to do to realize all planned ideas?
beniissembert

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 09:22:17 AM

Hey folks, our latest newsletter is here with a lot of good stuff but mainly a call for testers!
https://concordium.substack.com/p/concordium-5-2020-on-the-road-again
beniissembert

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2020, 12:22:30 PM

We have just released our latest Testnet.
It includes super cool stuff.
Please check and let us know what you think?
https://link.medium.com/Yne5HPTboab
beniissembert

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 07:21:09 AM

The wait is over! The Incentivized Testnet 3 is here!! 🥳 Participate in the challenges and earn GTU! Users will collectively earn up to a total of 10,000,000 GTU for helping to secure, sustain, and grow Concordium Network and the ecosystem.
https://medium.com/concordium/concordium-launches-incentivized-testnet-38f76e0cd7ac
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: