Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pluricentro: a DAO Controlled Token Based on Polycentrism and Voluntaryism  (Read 227 times)
pluricentra (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 03:44:02 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2020, 07:11:37 PM by pluricentra

TLDR: I made a democratically controlled crypto token for replacing government as the sole arbiter of expenditures for public projects.

Hi Everyone,

I recently created a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization) called Pluricentra for the community of people who believe that the power of governments should be curbed. Pluricentra controls a cryptographic token called Pluricentro. The organization is wholly controlled by holders of Pluricentro and has control over the minting and assigning of Pluricentro. What this means is that Pluricetra can act as a voluntary opt-in quasi-government which can democratically fund “common good” projects on it’s own without the type of coercive action which states use (like taxation). If the community decides that they’d like to fund some initiative (which could be just about anything), they can vote to mint new Pluricentro to give to the initiative.

Pluricentra is an Aragon DAO which is built on the Etherium blockchain. Its currency, Pluricentro, can be stored in Etherium wallets like Metamask, and can be exchanged for Ether on the exchange Uniswap. You can interact with the organization using the Aragon front end here: https://mainnet.aragon.org/#/pluricentra

I put 100,000 tokens of Pluricentro on Uniswap initially and have been continuing to put them up there, so if you’d like voting rights in Pluricentra, you can exchange Ether for Pluricentro there. I will continue to inject 35k Pluricentro into the market every week (5k will be sold every day at 9 PM EDT) until all of the 300,000 tokens of Pluricentro have been bought. Since 6/4/20, enough Pluricentro is in the hands of the exchange or community members to make Pluricentra completely decentralized and autonomous. You can exchange Ether for Pluricentro by downloading Metamask for your browser, going to Uniswap, connecting your Metamask wallet, clicking the bottom “select a token” box, and pasting the token’s address in the search bar.

Token Address: 0xFe8e45681356344e7d59813cBa343B55A1Bb647E

Once you have the tokens in a Metamask wallet, you can go to the Aragon page for Pluricentra, link it to your Metamask, and interact with the organization as a voting member.

I hope that we can build a community and small economy around this DAO that is able to fund some interesting and worthwhile initiatives. In the long term, I hope that many of these DAOs spring up, allowing people to pick and choose the communities they want to be a part of. I ultimately think DAOs which issue their own currencies are the future of economics, where the people take monetary power away from governments.

You should do your own research about cryptographic tokens, Aragon, DAOs, Metamask, Uniswap and the like before buying in. The only way that a voluntary DAO can exist is if all participants understand what they’re getting into. In addition, I suggest that anyone who’s interested should only exchange a small amount of money for Pluricentro. That way, you’ll be able to vote but won’t lose much money if this DAO project goes nowhere. The more Pluricentro you hold, the more your vote counts, but just be sane about it.

Let me know if you have any questions about Pluricentra, how to get Pluricentro, or how to set up a similar DAO (it’s easy to do through Aragon).

Discord server: https://discord.gg/ErsDCx2

WARNING: some scammers have been looking to pump and dump this project. Use extreme caution during the early volatility of the token. Also, If you hear something from someone that is too good to be true about the project, ask me about it and I'll clarify

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Keltrentt

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 04:47:22 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2020, 06:01:05 PM by Keltrentt

When Telegram/Discord? Also you could've set the url to be 'https://pluricentra.aragon.org' instead of the current one. Would've been more attractive that way. In addition, you should apply to get etherscan to verify the token and the contract. Good luck with the project
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 06:25:05 PM

When Telegram/Discord? Also you could've set the url to be 'https://pluricentra.aragon.org' instead of the current one. Would've been more attractive that way. In addition, you should apply to get etherscan to verify the token and the contract. Good luck with the project

Good points, thanks! I'll create a Discord and Telegram for Pluricentra ASAP. I'll also look into the process of getting it verified by etherscan. I'll keep everyone updated in this thread.
Keltrentt

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 06:28:58 PM

Good points, thanks! I'll create a Discord and Telegram for Pluricentra ASAP. I'll also look into the process of getting it verified by etherscan. I'll keep everyone updated in this thread.

You're welcome. What about the url, is it possible to change that?
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 06:36:57 PM

You're welcome. What about the url, is it possible to change that?

I could buy a domain and have it redirect to the url provided by Aragon so that it's a catchier link. I'll look into it
Keltrentt

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 06:44:40 PM

Alright. Please do. Cheers! Looking forward to the Telegram/Discord invite links. Just remembered to ask if the project has a logo. Don't forget to include it while applying to etherscan
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 07:53:41 PM

We now have a discord server: https://discord.gg/ErsDCx2
Keltrentt

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 08:22:55 PM

Alright. Please do. Cheers! Looking forward to the Telegram/Discord invite links. Just remembered to ask if the project has a logo. Don't forget to include it while applying to etherscan

Yeah, I have a simple logo for it which is subject to change. It's currently the discord channel's logo. I'll use that for the initial etherscan submission.

The logo on Discord looks cool...nice
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2020, 12:05:06 AM

Hi everyone, here's the specifics of how more Pluricentro will be added to the market over time. Each week 100000 PCTO will be made available on Uniswap. This will be split up daily. Every day a seventh of that amount will be made available on Uniswap. This will start tonight (May 30, 2020), with the transaction being made at 9pm edt. This means that in about 5 weeks, over 51% of the tokens will be controlled by the community and in 10 weeks 100% of the tokens will be. Please let me know if you have any questions. Pluricentro is meant to be controlled by the community, so don't hesitate to make your voice heard.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
May 31, 2020, 01:03:48 PM

Hi everyone, here's the specifics of how more Pluricentro will be added to the market over time. Each week 100000 PCTO will be made available on Uniswap. This will be split up daily. Every day a seventh of that amount will be made available on Uniswap. This will start tonight (May 30, 2020), with the transaction being made at 9pm edt. This means that in about 5 weeks, over 51% of the tokens will be controlled by the community and in 10 weeks 100% of the tokens will be. Please let me know if you have any questions. Pluricentro is meant to be controlled by the community, so don't hesitate to make your voice heard.

hi, does this project have a whitepaper to read ?
because i want to know more about this project
thanks

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 31, 2020, 11:59:49 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2020, 12:29:30 AM by TimeTeller

Dev, what is your main goal to achieve in this project?
Even if it is totally controlled by the community later on, what would be the driving force to increase its value?
What will be the use case of your token? Where will they use it other than trading?
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 02:42:53 AM

I'd like to clarify. Yes, new Pluricentro can be minted through the Aragon page. Talk of an Airdrop, other than minting new currency with an "assign currency vote" doesn't make sense though. Also to people thinking of buying in, price fluctuations in the near future do to people pumping the currency are expected; be aware of this. I will be creating a new structure for the injection of coins soon so no I have not guaranteed either to not sell new tokens or to an airdrop. People spreading misinformation seeking a pump and dump won't be tolerated. We who are controlling the token before it's decentralization are committed to creating a sustainable DAO and token. Again, if you hear things which are too good to be true, don't believe them.
trackingcryptos

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 02:26:12 PM

scam - check 4chan.
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 03:08:01 PM

scam - check 4chan.

There are unfortunately a lot of scammers who have been trying to pump and dump this project. I'm trying to get the word out warning people about this situation so that people's money doesn't get stolen by these scammers. As I've said, anyone interested should be ultra cautious and not believe the too good to be true thing some people, like some of the people on 4chan, are saying. The project itself is not a scam, it's a legitimate experiment, but there are scammers who have latched on to it to try to manipulate the prices and pump and dump it. If you see too good to be true things, ask here or ask on of the admins in discord.
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 07:13:30 PM

Today I burned 700,000 of my own tokens to increase the share of tokens held by the community! The total number of tokens is now 300,000 instead of 1,000,000.
pluricentra (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 08:14:48 PM

scam - check 4chan.

There are unfortunately a lot of scammers who have been trying to pump and dump this project. I'm trying to get the word out warning people about this situation so that people's money doesn't get stolen by these scammers. As I've said, anyone interested should be ultra cautious and not believe the too good to be true thing some people, like some of the people on 4chan, are saying. The project itself is not a scam, it's a legitimate experiment, but there are scammers who have latched on to it to try to manipulate the prices and pump and dump it. If you see too good to be true things, ask here or ask on of the admins in discord.

When I say it's an experiment, I mean that this is on the cutting edge, not that it's less legitimate or trustworthy or something. Someone in the community told me they didn't like this word choice so I thought I'd clarify. Again, I'm more than happy to answer any and all questions people have either here or in the discord!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: