Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:23:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable coins for bounty hunters  (Read 32361 times)
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 10:51:17 AM

yes of course, because I know that I am a bounty hunter, there are so many people who directly sell their tokens without thinking about the potential of the altcoi. from experience that I've experienced is that we lost altcoin that we got from the bounty campaign because of hacking or phissing. This makes a lot of bounty hunters immediately sell their altcoins without thinking about the potential of the altcoin, and sometimes make the altcoin go down from the price of ico.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 11:06:49 AM

As for my opinion if project strong - they could pay in stable coins, because they sure that project will be working and successful! but if they have weak support and idea of course they couldnt promise only tokens...
posporo

Activity: 501
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2020, 11:14:35 AM

I guess there are bounties where the rewards is ethereum but only limited participants is available to join and very hard to look one so if you really want that kind of bounties just be patient and active so that if there's a new one, you can join easily.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 11:19:02 AM

Unpopular opinion time;

Most of the new projects, if they have USD(T,C,X) to spend on advertising, will do just that, pay for advertising, be it Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc... Some will even go to renowned crypto advertising sites and pay for a real service. Lets be honest, conversion rate of bounty is less than 0.1%.

However, if they pay with tokens, then they're basically taking a gamble, where no matter the outcome, they're winning in that particular instance. What i mean is, if the project is a success, they will give coins/tokens which are "generated" money, and if the project fails, then they haven't had paid anything themselves tbh.

So, no, except for some limited participant highly targeted bounties, i don't see ICO's paying stable coins, or even tradable assets as bounty rewards.
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 11:54:34 AM

Unpopular opinion time;

Most of the new projects, if they have USD(T,C,X) to spend on advertising, will do just that, pay for advertising, be it Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc... Some will even go to renowned crypto advertising sites and pay for a real service. Lets be honest, conversion rate of bounty is less than 0.1%.

However, if they pay with tokens, then they're basically taking a gamble, where no matter the outcome, they're winning in that particular instance. What i mean is, if the project is a success, they will give coins/tokens which are "generated" money, and if the project fails, then they haven't had paid anything themselves tbh.

So, no, except for some limited participant highly targeted bounties, i don't see ICO's paying stable coins, or even tradable assets as bounty rewards.

Coming from an experienced bounty campaign manager, I think there is no reason not to believe you, so yes I agree with you as definitely that's the reality here, both gambles, the team and the bounty hunters as they both exert an effort to try to make a project successful.

maybe we can say that the success rate now is very small, probably 1%? or even lower?

btcltcdigger

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 12:04:08 PM

Coming from an experienced bounty campaign manager, I think there is no reason not to believe you, so yes I agree with you as definitely that's the reality here, both gambles, the team and the bounty hunters as they both exert an effort to try to make a project successful.

maybe we can say that the success rate now is very small, probably 1%? or even lower?

Well put yourself in shoes of an investor. Someone who has money and is willing to spend it.

Would you:

a) Check some credible sources to see which projects are promising. Like real article teardowns into teams and roadmap

or

b) Check on twitter, find a random hunter with fake profile who's promoting 50 projects at once, and believe him

Which one of those would you choose as an investor?

Now, tell me, which one of those would you pay with USD as a project owner?
Questat

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 12:41:01 PM

Well put yourself in shoes of an investor. Someone who has money and is willing to spend it.

Would you:

a) Check some credible sources to see which projects are promising. Like real article teardowns into teams and roadmap

or

b) Check on twitter, find a random hunter with fake profile who's promoting 50 projects at once, and believe him

Which one of those would you choose as an investor?

Now, tell me, which one of those would you pay with USD as a project owner?

I think that is still depending on the situation and the project you are marketing, there are still projects who would prefer to advertise in the forum compared to popular platforms like google.

One best example is Chipmixer although not an ICO project but since you've mentioned about advertising so I brought it here.

and here's the statement.

Some companies (Google) will advertise known scams. Some people (theymos) will not advertise possible scam (ICOs) even if it costs them (around 9 BTC per week). This is a reason why ChipMixer buy ads at this forum and not on Google.

And I like to add as well that there are some ICO projects in the past that are paying huge Bitcoin just for promotion.

Like this one.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1747399.0

btcltcdigger

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 01:17:17 PM

Well i am talking about advertisement of ICO's and potential loss of funds that usually accompanies them.
Chipmixer is promoting it's service, as well as bitvest, bustadice, even bitamp who's sig i'm wearing.

And you see, those products are targeting quality hunters, like 20 of them, not just any old guy with fake twitter account
Questat

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 01:37:43 PM

Well i am talking about advertisement of ICO's and potential loss of funds that usually accompanies them.
Chipmixer is promoting it's service, as well as bitvest, bustadice, even bitamp who's sig i'm wearing.

And you see, those products are targeting quality hunters, like 20 of them, not just any old guy with fake twitter account

You are right again, but my point here is it could also depend on the timing of the market, like the present compared to the past as those who run successful ICO in the past could pay stable coins or BTC if they know the project would succeed so they can play lesser.

It's really different now, it looks like there's a huge demand for bounty hunter in the past compared to now.

Also, in my post above, I posted an example of a project which are successful and paying bitcoin on their campaign,  like the qtum signature campaign, and forget to add, this one as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1619450.0 (komodo signature campaign) where there is an option whether participants would like to receive btc or KMD after the ICO has ended.

namallatinz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 02:21:33 PM

Undertakings don't have such a spending plan, pay abundance trackers in usd. Presently the quantity of abundance trackers is high to such an extent that the tasks will pay with their tokens. This is on the grounds that the individuals who do abundance they don't consider it, don't attempt to check whether the task is acceptable or not. So here the undertaking group gets the chance to advance requiring little to no effort. To change this framework, abundance trackers need to make themselves more astute. With the goal that the ventures give them the correct installment, which is important.
Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568
Merit: 100

COMBONetwork

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 02:49:44 PM

there are bounties that use stable coins, try visiting the Service thread, there are a lot of good bounties with paid Bitcoin, 'but the conditions are very difficult

irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2020, 03:18:29 PM

It happened in the past when most of the bounty campaigns used to pay in Ethereum or even in Bitcoins but most the projects paid in their own tokens because by doing so you will only get to paid after the coins are listed on exchange. But these days bounty campaigns are not so popular among people because of scams but I think by paying in USD, USDT and USDC, it would develop trust among bounty hunters. Cry

Also there is great new feature we are going to introduces in the market, stay tuned to our channels.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 03:22:52 PM

Actually this problem has been happening for a long time but there has been no good response until now the fact is that until now many projects cannot afford to pay bounty hunters with stable coins, I hope that in the future this will become a reality

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 03:33:26 PM

there are bounties that use stable coins, try visiting the Service thread, there are a lot of good bounties with paid Bitcoin, 'but the conditions are very difficult
If the campaign is in the service thread, it is not called bounty, because on average the campaign there only applies payment via Bitcoin not in the form of Altcoin or other stable tokens, for bounties only in the bounties there are no other bounties.

BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 03:42:06 PM

it will never happen. they project owners are stingy. they don't trust their own project because they feel it might fail. it is a probability that their project might succeed or Not so they choose to pay with their own worthless token. when these projects become successful, the owners turned against hunters knowing well there is no obligation and rules binding both parties(hunters and project owners).

Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 08:38:59 PM

Just few projects pay in stable coins and when they do, they limit perticipants which is okay. I still prefer paying with native tokens and with a very small small amount of stable coins. Paying with stable coins ensure a wider community base of native coin holders and investors. Let's always choose good project while promoting.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 10:51:23 PM

If you want them to do it don't ask them but demand it.

It's cheaper and less risky for them to pay you in a shitcoin that wasn't released yet and can fail next month. Paying in a stablecoin would make them buy the coin and really spend some fiat on it.

They prefer you work for free.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:39:17 AM

It happened in the past when most of the bounty campaigns used to pay in Ethereum or even in Bitcoins but most the projects paid in their own tokens because by doing so you will only get to paid after the coins are listed on exchange. But these days bounty campaigns are not so popular among people because of scams but I think by paying in USD, USDT and USDC, it would develop trust among bounty hunters. Cry

Also there is great new feature we are going to introduces in the market, stay tuned to our channels.
still waiting for the bounty project with a payment system like that. however, this will increase the enthusiasm of bounty hunters to work even harder. Well, for now, there aren't many projects with such a system. if it has started, then I feel that the bounty is starting to come back to life.
Peanyut991

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 06:04:00 AM

I agree with the above idea, there is no need to pay using Stablecoin, developers can also use Ethereum as another option. This will prevent dumping.

Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 06:25:57 AM

~
This will never happen. NEVER HAPPEN.

Take note of this, you are developing a new project and you don't have any funds to start with it. That is why new projects are launching a token sale from the start to gather some funds that they will use in the project. If they have an initial funds from the start then they will rather not launch a bounty campaign. That is why there is a bounty campaign. To advertise the project and at the same time gather some funds in the token sale.

This is the risk that bounty hunters must face. It is always a token or nahhh for them. They will either paid for their work and time or not. New projects doesn't have initial funds to pay the bounty hunters that is why they are paying the hunters using their own native tokens. This will not happen. It will very risky in part of the developers and the success rate of the project isn't 100%.
Of course, I completely agree with your opinion. It is beneficial for the new ICO project team to pay bounty hunters with their tokens. In this case, they practically do not risk anything. In some cases, they can pay with the coins for which they sell their tokens, this is most often ethereum or bitcoin. However, the team is not profitable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: