Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Coinbase  (Read 285 times)
sumguy2017 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 11:41:43 PM

I just opened a Coinbase (CB) account. I purchased 0.0125BTC or $119.56 according to the internet. My issue is trying to send the total I bought to my Electrum account so I can make a payment online. I don't use BTC very often, so I'm not that familiar with how these various BTC work.

When I try to send to my Electrum account with my wallet address. The CB send link tells me I only have $4.78 available to send? My Portfolio Balance is $119.82. Pending deposits-$115.01. Available to send $4.82? I have no clue what this "Pending deposits-$115.01" means?

Pending deposits
Some of your funds may be temporarily unavailable while we wait for your deposits and purchases to be completed. Learn more
BTC Buy on Jun 15, 2020
Available to send in 10 days
$115.01

Why isn't the BTC I purchased available to send right away...........why do I have to wait 10 days?

Any help appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 11:47:54 PM

Seems that your deposit to CB has not completed yet.
Do you have transaction for this pending deposit so we can see what's the problem here?
Or have you put a buy order in CB? Maybe your order is not yet fulfilled and still in queue.
Maybe that 10-day period is just an estimate from the exchange.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4893

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 12:37:08 AM

I just opened a Coinbase (CB) account. I purchased 0.0125BTC or $119.56 according to the internet. My issue is trying to send the total I bought to my Electrum account so I can make a payment online. I don't use BTC very often, so I'm not that familiar with how these various BTC work.

When I try to send to my Electrum account with my wallet address. The CB send link tells me I only have $4.78 available to send? My Portfolio Balance is $119.82. Pending deposits-$115.01. Available to send $4.82? I have no clue what this "Pending deposits-$115.01" means?

Pending deposits
Some of your funds may be temporarily unavailable while we wait for your deposits and purchases to be completed. Learn more
BTC Buy on Jun 15, 2020
$115.01

Why isn't the BTC I purchased available to send right away...........why do I have to wait 10 days?

Any help appreciated.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
sumguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 01:41:10 AM

Coinbase response: Thank you for contacting Coinbase. After reviewing your account, we are not able to change the period of time until you can withdraw your funds. When you use a bank account as a payment method to deposit funds or purchase cryptocurrency, these funds are not immediately available for withdrawal for security reasons.

For more information on how to use a bank account, or when deposited funds are available for withdrawal, please visit: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2971033-using-a-bank-account-as-a-payment-method-for-us-customers

Kind regards,
Coinbase Support

R. But I had my debit card verified also. So I should be able to send my BTC immediately according to the site?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4893

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 01:49:50 AM

Coinbase response: Thank you for contacting Coinbase. After reviewing your account, we are not able to change the period of time until you can withdraw your funds. When you use a bank account as a payment method to deposit funds or purchase cryptocurrency, these funds are not immediately available for withdrawal for security reasons.

For more information on how to use a bank account, or when deposited funds are available for withdrawal, please visit: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2971033-using-a-bank-account-as-a-payment-method-for-us-customers

Kind regards,
Coinbase Support

R. But I had my debit card verified also. So I should be able to send my BTC immediately according to the site?

Your first lesson in why to not use coinbase.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
sumguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 01:52:54 AM

Seems that your deposit to CB has not completed yet....................R. According to CB I have to wait 10 days for the bank to be verified.

Do you have transaction for this pending deposit so we can see what's the problem here?......................R. IDK what you mean by "Do I have a transaction pending?" All I did was purchase BTC.

Or have you put a buy order in CB? Maybe your order is not yet fulfilled and still in queue..............R. CB has a 10 day waiting period for bank transfers. But I thought I could use my bank right away once it was verified? But I guess not?

Maybe that 10-day period is just an estimate from the exchange......................R. You mean wait period? I guess so according to CB?

But I had my debit card details verified also. According to the CB site debit card transactions buying BTC can be used right away. But that isn't happening either? So not to sure what is going on right now?

Does the 10 day wait period apply to both bank and credit/debit card transactions?
sumguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 01:58:55 AM

Kind regards,
Coinbase Support

Your first lesson in why to not use coinbase.

R. The site I was buying from suggested CB. And I'm kind of clueless on which BTC sites are best to use? I could have used Coinmama, but it was suggested their rates where on the high side? I have no clue. The 30% off if you buy with BTC attracted me. Otherwise I would have paid with my debit card.
LarsLind

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 02:03:49 AM
Merited by gentlemand (1)

Pending deposits
BTC Buy on Jun 15, 2020
$115.01

Any help appreciated.

Hi Sumguy.

There is a very simple explanation for this. Only purchases made by VISA are made instantly available on your account. If you use ACH deposit (in which you buy Bitcoin before Coinbase withdraws it from your account), then you must wait for 10 days for the funds to clear. In the meantime, Coinbase freezes your bitcoin, so you can't transfer it elsewhere. However, you may sell it for cash.

The reason your balance displays: 4.76 USD available, is because your BTC has increased in value, compared to the USD you bought it for. Hence why you can withdraw that money.

It's a real pain in the a**, and one of the reasons why I quit using Coinbase. Well, that and a non-existing customer service team.

Hope this helps.
sumguy2017 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 02:33:12 AM

Pending deposits
BTC Buy on Jun 15, 2020
$115.01

Any help appreciated.

Hi Sumguy.

There is a very simple explanation for this. Only purchases made by VISA are made instantly available on your account. If you use ACH deposit (in which you buy Bitcoin before Coinbase withdraws it from your account), then you must wait for 10 days for the funds to clear. In the meantime, Coinbase freezes your bitcoin, so you can't transfer it elsewhere. However, you may sell it for cash.

R. My debit card is Mastercard.

The reason your balance displays: 4.76 USD available, is because your BTC has increased in value, compared to the USD you bought it for. Hence why you can withdraw that money...................R. Okay thanks. CB CS didn't explain that to me when I asked them?

It's a real pain in the a**, and one of the reasons why I quit using Coinbase. Well, that and a non-existing customer service team.

R. Have to agree it took me awhile to find out how to contact customer service? Their phone call option is only to freeze an account in case you lost or figure your account has been jeopardized. I did call and pushed that first option thinking I would get someone on the phone? But it gave me a recording that my account has been temporally frozen instead? IDK if that is my problem in addition to the 10 day wait?

Have a suggestion for a better site to buy BTC?

Thanks.

Hope this helps.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 05:24:36 AM

it could be because the system is congested or bitcoin has been transferred but it has not been able to reach your wallet in a short time. This problem is usually encountered when the bitcoin network is congested and it also happens quite often to me. So next time you should choose to buy alts capable of fast transactions and cheap transaction fees. such as Litecoin and XRP, all my transactions have been very successful using these alts.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████