Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:33:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools  (Read 6525 times)
AllForOneA41
Copper Member

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 09:29:44 PM

Now I realize that bug was also on test net I send to one of users here transfer on my side wallet says the transfer is done and he don't receive coins so that means we have been on different chains. Second thing is do not buy and sell if you don't know on what chain you are and paradise I don't see any manual refresh on wiki. Each time I open wallet it sync to different max heigh size so they need to fix that. Make update and add nodes. I don't cry I can come to chain at any time and eat 30% of blocks so don't mind.
chdsk

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 10:13:30 PM

everything works well for me
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 10:36:21 PM

Now I realize that bug was also on test net I send to one of users here transfer on my side wallet says the transfer is done and he don't receive coins so that means we have been on different chains. Second thing is do not buy and sell if you don't know on what chain you are and paradise I don't see any manual refresh on wiki. Each time I open wallet it sync to different max heigh size so they need to fix that. Make update and add nodes. I don't cry I can come to chain at any time and eat 30% of blocks so don't mind.

Do you really think this coin is worth mining and spending your resources with? Checked the website as well as the whitepaper, I don't see a very strong use case for this project that can help in getting attention from the community. The content of the website is very generic, nothing outstanding and unique. So I don't think this will pull it off in the trading market. I have the impression that the lifespan of this project is only short.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 03:05:24 AM

Hello everyone
For all the questions in the forum or email, I will make a brief summary.
1 Block synchronization problem. Due to our insufficient evaluation of users' enthusiasm for participation, only two seed nodes were deployed, resulting in some users not being able to synchronize the latest blocks. We are now launching the activity of soliciting seed nodes in the forum. Interested users are free to participate, and the following machines need to be provided as seed nodes:
CPU: 2 CORE
RAM: 4 GB
DSIK: 100GB
Network bandwidth: 5MB
Participation is voluntary. We will eventually select 10 seed nodes according to the regional distribution of the network. The selected nodes must provide 7*24 uninterrupted network services (you can't mine in seed nodes). In addition, within one year, we will provide each participating node with a reward of 50 luck/month.
Interested users can send private emails carrying the node infomation and wallet address information as follows:
Node: lnode://xxxxxxx@xxx:xxx (in linux wallet console, you can get your node info by command: admin.nodeInfo)
Address: 0xxxxxxxxxx

2 When to open source code. As we stated in the technical discussion area, the core source code will be fully released after the mainnet has been running for two weeks.

3 As the project is still in the early stage of operation, there may be some uncontrollable risk. Please pay attention to your asset safety.

4 Future planning of the project. Any powerful use case or scenario needs to rely on the underlying operating mechanism. Based on the pursuit of the fairest mining mechanism, the Luck project decentralizes the traditional centralized computing power to achieve true decentralization, so that it is truly not controlled by any third party and cannot be predicted by any third party in advance, the network is decentralized and randomized. We believe that the more decentralized the more fair.
miner2251

Activity: 34
Merit: 87

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 04:30:51 AM

It sounds like pool pressure will be even higher than on other coins. People will form pools not for profits, but just for receiving payments and staying connected to the longest chain! It is possible they will form "non-mining pools (aka well-connected network nodes)" first and later it will be possible to start mining using these "pools". If they have a choice between "less profits inside the pool" and "no profits because of being solo disconnected", they will join the pools.
AllForOneA41
Copper Member

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 05:17:42 AM

Ok I sorted it out If someone have really weak connection the sync will fall and You will have problems. Im good to go
Daniko7

Activity: 424
Merit: 106

https://Newrewardcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2020, 12:10:57 AM

*ATTENTION! Many new launched coins contains Viruses and Malwares . Some wallets showing a false malware or virus flag because of the integrated miner. Nevertheless we strongly recommend you to scan the wallets before using it. Use as example https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ to scan the files for malicious ware*

x23a1s

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

kiramine.com

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 04:30:59 AM

Hello everyone
For all the questions in the forum or email, I will make a brief summary.
1 Block synchronization problem. Due to our insufficient evaluation of users' enthusiasm for participation, only two seed nodes were deployed, resulting in some users not being able to synchronize the latest blocks. We are now launching the activity of soliciting seed nodes in the forum. Interested users are free to participate, and the following machines need to be provided as seed nodes:
CPU: 2 CORE
RAM: 4 GB
DSIK: 100GB
Network bandwidth: 5MB
Participation is voluntary. We will eventually select 10 seed nodes according to the regional distribution of the network. The selected nodes must provide 7*24 uninterrupted network services (you can't mine in seed nodes). In addition, within one year, we will provide each participating node with a reward of 50 luck/month.
Interested users can send private emails carrying the node infomation and wallet address information as follows:
Node: lnode://xxxxxxx@xxx:xxx (in linux wallet console, you can get your node info by command: admin.nodeInfo)
Address: 0xxxxxxxxxx

2 When to open source code. As we stated in the technical discussion area, the core source code will be fully released after the mainnet has been running for two weeks.

3 As the project is still in the early stage of operation, there may be some uncontrollable risk. Please pay attention to your asset safety.

4 Future planning of the project. Any powerful use case or scenario needs to rely on the underlying operating mechanism. Based on the pursuit of the fairest mining mechanism, the Luck project decentralizes the traditional centralized computing power to achieve true decentralization, so that it is truly not controlled by any third party and cannot be predicted by any third party in advance, the network is decentralized and randomized. We believe that the more decentralized the more fair.

hey there dev,

our small Luck Community discord is steady growing.

We would highly appreciate it if you can join us  Smiley

https://discord.gg/TN6XhcD

greetings
AllForOneA41
Copper Member

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 12:31:54 PM

Hi Sherlock can You please add more threads/cores option in windows wallet at next update ?
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 02:55:22 PM

Since the source code is not yet opened, here is a brief description of the mining algorithm of the Luck project.
Mining parameters:
    alpha -> The mining difficulty parameter of the first phase, that is, hash(first header, first nonce) <alpha
    luck -> After the first phase is completed, luck = f(header, first nonce)
    basis -> Difficulty base of the second phase of mining.
    beta -> The mining difficulty parameter of the second phase, that is, hash(second header, second nonce) <beta, where beta = basis * (maxluck / (maxluck-luck)) ^ 2.

The algorithm of the mining process as:
1. alpha, basis = pre_compute (difficulty adjustment strategy, the current block generation is too fast, reduce alpha and basis; the current block generation is too slow, increase alpha and basis. When the difficulty of the first phase is too large, reduce the basis; when the second phase is too difficult, increase the basis)

2. Find a suitable firstNonce such that hash(first header, firstNonce) <alpha

3. Calculate the luck value by luck = f(header, firstNonce)

4. Calculate the difficulty parameter of the second phase beta = basis * (maxluck / (maxluck-luck)) ^ 2

5. Find a suitable secondNonce such that hash(second header, secondNonce) <beta.

6. Pack the parameters into the block to complete the mining

From the above process, it can be seen that as the luck value increases in the second phase, the difficulty of mining in the second phase will decrease sharply. For example, when multiple nodes cooperate in mining, the luck value is more likely to be a medium luck value; when they do not cooperate, the luck value of the highest luck value will be significantly greater than the middle luck value during cooperation, so the difficulty of the node with the highest luck value in the second phase will be drastically reduced.

Another note: Since each mining process is divided into two phases and and cannot be executed in parallel, there is no way to start multi-threaded mining in one mining program. For multi-core machines, you can increase the CPU utilization by enabling multiple mining programs.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 03:04:55 PM

hey there dev,

our small Luck Community discord is steady growing.

We would highly appreciate it if you can join us  Smiley

https://discord.gg/TN6XhcD

greetings

I watched your community, good job.
We still have a lot of things to do for now, so we won't join in for now. Thank you very much for your maintenance.

In order to thank you for your dedication and support, we decided to send you 5 Luck as motivation. You can provide your wallet address, thanks again.
x23a1s

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

kiramine.com

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 07:54:30 PM

hey there,

really appreciate it, sent you a PM.

thanks a lot

greetings
wolfwolf

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 02:13:06 AM

I think i am so late.
vjudeu

Activity: 742
Merit: 1745

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 10:17:14 AM

Does luck directly depend on number of nodes in the network? If so, then it is more profitable to create more nodes than to have more proof of work! So, in this way those who can allocate a lot of IP addresses and attach a lot of mining nodes has more chances to win a block! If that is the case, then pool pressure can become high, because usually servers and ISP's has many more connections than a typical, client-only user. Sooner or later all such users will have to join some server, just to increase their luck.

I think i am so late.
I don't think so. It seems that new projects have a lot of hashrate at the beginning and later it drops when users are selling those coins for Bitcoins. So if you want to have many coins, it may be profitable to start later, when difficulty will be lower and price will drop. Of course I may be wrong, but I saw such things on many other altcoins and here it seems to follow the same path.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 01:39:03 PM

Hello, everyone
After several days of operation, the Luck core is stable, and the block parameters meet the expected goals.
In addition, we will make an optimization upgrade to the Luck core next week, which will not have any impact on the current chain data, and the specific upgrade time will be announced on the official website in advance.
Thank you for your attention.
Sikkan666

Activity: 239
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 05:53:17 PM

Hi, how can I check current diff? and also, is it possible to start more luck.exe instances to utilize CPUs with 8 core/16 threads? I have tried different ways (in windows) but no luck. It will not use more than 25% of my CPU no matter how many instances I fire up. Ofcourse I have set different wallet address per instance.

cool project anyway!
sammyisking123

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 07:53:19 PM

I have recently started mining this coin. How can we check the coin balance on explorer. There is no option to check the balance on explorer.
I want to confirm if my mined coins are legitimate and I am not mining on any wrong chain.
sgaragagghu

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 09:31:35 PM

This coin is very interesting, I created a Telegram group to talk about it: https://t.me/luck_cryptocurrency
Sherlock, maybe you can add it in first page together with the discord server link.
Nice job anyway!
wolfwolf

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:32:08 AM

I think i am so late.
I don't think so. It seems that new projects have a lot of hashrate at the beginning and later it drops when users are selling those coins for Bitcoins. So if you want to have many coins, it may be profitable to start later, when difficulty will be lower and price will drop. Of course I may be wrong, but I saw such things on many other altcoins and here it seems to follow the same path.

Yes, it is never too late to join, I mined 37 coins in one day.
miner2251

Activity: 34
Merit: 87

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 01:52:48 PM

The selected nodes must provide 7*24 uninterrupted network services (you can't mine in seed nodes).
At present, the token has the characteristics of anonymity and untraceability
1. If you can find out which nodes are mining and which are not, then you can trace miners and shut them down (or maybe not you, but some ISP's or government in the future will be able to do this).
2. If you cannot find out which nodes are mining, then how do you know that seed nodes are not mining?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: