Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][2POW] Luck - A new consensus algorithm to eliminate large mining pools  (Read 6509 times)
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 11:06:59 AM

After two days of small-scale testing, the multi-core mining version of Linux has been running stably, and the multi-core mining of Linux and Windows wallets has been updated to https://lucknet.club.
In addition, the windows wallet has been optimized in synchronization block.

We have updated a new version to https://lucknet.club.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 01:41:57 AM

After two days of small-scale testing, the multi-core mining version of Linux has been running stably, and the multi-core mining of Linux and Windows wallets has been updated to https://lucknet.club.
In addition, the windows wallet has been optimized in synchronization block.

hey sherlock can you give me respond on gmail? i was send you message regarding bounty campaign plan and no respond from you, i hope you could see it when you are free, thanks very much.

I'm really sorry, I haven't seen your specific implementation plan, there is only a token plan. I don't know how you want to do bounty now.
you can give a specific implementation plan, such as what kind of activities to do, what way to motivate users, how many tokens are needed, what goals to accomplish, and how to manage tokens. Otherwise, I will pay you the token directly, which is unfair to other users in the community.

If you have a good bounty implementation, i hope you to disclose the information here in time, if it is a real and effective bounty, we will definitely pay the token under everyone’s supervision.

Thank you.
wolfwolf

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 01:47:34 AM

to strong miners, what configuration machines are you using now. why didn't i mined one coin for these days.
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 05:49:54 AM

~

Hey @Sherlock.Holmes, regarding our private discussion about the OP design, Are you still interested? I write in here since I didn't understand your last reply and didn't received an answer to my last one.
Let me know if we can work together. Cheers!

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
vjudeu

Activity: 654
Merit: 1501

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 07:57:48 AM

why didn't i mined one coin for these days
Because you are not using pools. Now, many users have a choice: solo mine one coin per week or so, or use secret mining pools and mine a fraction of coin every hour and use it off-chain. The pool pressure is getting higher and higher, because of merged mining from other coins and because this coin is quite young, so the initial price will be higher than later. A few months later the difficulty will drop if this coin will follow typical altcoin path, but now it is high and still will be for a while.

It's not luck at all
It is pure luck with all advantages and drawbacks. It is typical "winner takes all" scheme that you can see in many other coins. If instead everyone will take some fraction of the coin in every block, the pools will quickly disappear. But since writing all small rewards on the blockchain is costly, the off-chain pools are still working fine, creating many unconfirmed transactions that finally will sum up and move single on-chain coins every week or month.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
othell_rogue

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 08:44:18 AM

why didn't i mined one coin for these days
Because you are not using pools. Now, many users have a choice: solo mine one coin per week or so, or use secret mining pools and mine a fraction of coin every hour and use it off-chain. The pool pressure is getting higher and higher, because of merged mining from other coins and because this coin is quite young, so the initial price will be higher than later. A few months later the difficulty will drop if this coin will follow typical altcoin path, but now it is high and still will be for a while.

Wasn't the purpose of this coin with its new mining algo to avoid pool monopol? As far as I know 2POW is pool resistant algo. So now what you are saying to me is that apart the fact that 1 single person can mine 50% of the blocks, now I find that pool mining is also possible, even tho they are secret pools or "hidden pools" since they are not secret anymore.

This project gets better and better. JK

vjudeu

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 09:31:05 AM

Wasn't the purpose of this coin with its new mining algo to avoid pool monopol?
Yes, it was. But if people are getting their rewards less and less frequently, they will sooner or later join some pools to receive it more frequently. This coin has 18 decimal places. If it is possible to receive 0.1, 0.01 or even 0.001 coin and use it, people will start doing it off-chain, because they want to use this coin now, not a week, month or year later when they will solo mine one coin.

As far as I know 2POW is pool resistant algo.
There is nothing that is fully "pool resistant". It can be just less profitable in the long term. But since for many people having less coins now seems to be more attractive than having more coins later (also because this coin is worth more when there are less coins in circulation), people will go for it.

1 single person can mine 50% of the blocks
It is always true in all PoW-based systems. In other case, nobody could start mining it alone just after the Genesis Block. The first miner was mining 100% of the first non-genesis block, so it is always possible for one person to mine 50% of the blocks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hextobig

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 02:11:29 PM

It's dead. It's monopolized by a few miners.It's not luck at all.

I analyzed the 2POW protocol.
In the early days, everyone used CPU mining, as the more nodes, the higher the luck value.
However, since some time, some GPUs have participated in mining, and the power has increased by about 1000 times. The CPU can no longer mined blocks at all, and luck is not so important. Because in the design of 2POW, there is a basic assumption that when the power of all nodes is almost equal, blocks are mined by luck. However, GPU has a performance advantage of 1000 times compared with CPU, this is equivalent to only a few scattered GPUs in the system mining blocks.
Although the system has been monopolized by several GPU miners, I believe that as the number of GPUs increases, the importance of luck will come.
Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 03:44:57 PM

In the early days, everyone used CPU mining, as the more nodes, the higher the luck value.
However, since some time, some GPUs have participated in mining, and the power has increased by about 1000 times. The CPU can no longer mined blocks at all, and luck is not so important. Because in the design of 2POW, there is a basic assumption that when the power of all nodes is almost equal, blocks are mined by luck. However, GPU has a performance advantage of 1000 times compared with CPU, this is equivalent to only a few scattered GPUs in the system mining blocks.
Although the system has been monopolized by several GPU miners, I believe that as the number of GPUs increases, the importance of luck will come.

I'm not sure if there is GPU mining. If so, can anyone share specific data?
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 08:56:15 PM

I'm not sure if there is GPU mining. If so, can anyone share specific data?

no sherlock, he is strunggle to getting 1 block that taking more  time than before ,  that why he said there is GPU miner on chain while network has over 10,000 node that im sure and per day block are only 4000+ block but  im still getting some block mining with my old CPUs, if there is GPU miner, i belive ill not getting any block and the diff wiill be 100x high than current diff.

I'm really sorry, I haven't seen your specific implementation plan, there is only a token plan. I don't know how you want to do bounty now.
you can give a specific implementation plan, such as what kind of activities to do, what way to motivate users, how many tokens are needed, what goals to accomplish, and how to manage tokens. Otherwise, I will pay you the token directly, which is unfair to other users in the community.

If you have a good bounty implementation, i hope you to disclose the information here in time, if it is a real and effective bounty, we will definitely pay the token under everyone’s supervision.

Thank you.

im sending you new mail regarding the bounty plan and how much token are needed for the bounty.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
summercat

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 02:28:09 AM

It's  said that argon2d is anti-GPU, luck uses the argon2d algorithm, how can it be  GPU, if it is not GPU, I am curious what it will be?
vjudeu

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 06:03:01 AM

argon2d is anti-GPU
It is no longer true, there are many miners that allow GPU mining using argon2d. More explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/garlicoin/comments/7wf3m6/argon2d_is_gpu_resistant/dyrir63/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Currently, the most GPU/ASIC resistant functions are probably yescrypt-based. But in reality, there is no such things like "ASIC-resistance". People are not building ASIC machines for such algorithms, because now it is not profitable yet. But when some altcoins will be worth more, they will be created sooner or later. And the only defense in all such cases is changing an algorithm, but it possibly leads to creating a new coin.

GPU resistance is regularly broken on many algorithms, because it is easier to get some GPU hardware and write some code than create some ASIC device from scratch.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ericrazevsky26

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 01:03:15 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2020, 01:13:47 AM by ericrazevsky26

interesting project
tarsmozirko22

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 01:17:49 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2020, 01:17:48 PM by tarsmozirko22

argon2d is anti-GPU
It is no longer true, there are many miners that allow GPU mining using argon2d. More explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/garlicoin/comments/7wf3m6/argon2d_is_gpu_resistant/dyrir63/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Currently, the most GPU/ASIC resistant functions are probably yescrypt-based. But in reality, there is no such things like "ASIC-resistance". People are not building ASIC machines for such algorithms, because now it is not profitable yet. But when some altcoins will be worth more, they will be created sooner or later. And the only defense in all such cases is changing an algorithm, but it possibly leads to creating a new coin.

GPU resistance is regularly broken on many algorithms, because it is easier to get some GPU hardware and write some code than create some ASIC device from scratch.
you just did some quick googles and jumped to a false conclusion.
Luck uses argon2id (not argon2d) with heavy parameters that makes GPU almost equivalent to CPU. To be detailed, memory cost is 64mb, parallelism cost is 4, time cost is 2. Other argon2 projects can be mined by GPU because they use lightweight parameters, such as memory cost is only 1mb. You can test it for yourself, or ask a real expert about this.
Plus, for mining a block the miners have to do 3 rounds of argon2id. So GPU miner is definitely unrealistic here.

same reply as above. No GPU here. I myself only mine with 4 x i7-6700k and have mined blocks everyday
othell_rogue

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 04:52:52 AM

same reply as above. No GPU here. I myself only mine with 4 x i7-6700k and have blocks everyday

Hey mate!
What do you mean by blocks everyday? You hit 1-2-5 or how much?
I am asking this because I mine from 1 single CPU i7-7700 and I didn't got 1 block in 3 days. Maybe is something I do wrong.

tarsmozirko22

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 01:16:16 PM

same reply as above. No GPU here. I myself only mine with 4 x i7-6700k and have blocks everyday

Hey mate!
What do you mean by blocks everyday? You hit 1-2-5 or how much?
I am asking this because I mine from 1 single CPU i7-7700 and I didn't got 1 block in 3 days. Maybe is something I do wrong.
Around 3 blocks, I run 4->6 miners in 1 machine, so they can use 100% of my CPU. I use linux.
x23a1s

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

kiramine.com

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 02:45:19 PM

hey dev,

would be great if you could install a SSL cert on the official Luck Website.

Greetings
othell_rogue

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 03:47:12 PM

Around 3 blocks, I run 4->6 miners in 1 machine, so they can use 100% of my CPU. I use linux.

Got it, thanks! Now makes sense. Indeed my Laptop is using only 25-30% of the CPU power, but since I am now a Linux user I need to do some research and to try to run more nodes to have more chances to hit a block once in a while.

Sherlock.Holmes (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 01:05:00 AM

hey dev,

would be great if you could install a SSL cert on the official Luck Website.

Greetings

We are dealing with it, and the official website may not work properly for a short while.
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 01:46:48 PM

I Dont want to say it .. but still.. when a thread is hijacked by newbies... Everyone know the fact.. they are  troll accounts or  what else ?

A newbie in bitcoin talk  ,, talking exceptional well.. is not a newbie in cryptoworld..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: