Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoCa Cola now Accept bitcoin on Australia and New Zealand.  (Read 844 times)
Erumo

Activity: 553
Merit: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 01:41:05 PM

It will be better if there will be no conversion that will happen.
Like 20k Satoshi for every can of coke without changing it whether the value of bitcoin goes up or down.
But I doubt they will do that.

It will always be for profit at the end of the day.
If one will exist in our country I might try it once just for experience.  Grin

Why only once? You should support blockchain idea, make cryptocurrency circulate more. Otherwise what is the point of Coca Cola and others implementing option to pay in cryptocurrency, when everyone prefer to hold it instead of using.

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 01:45:50 PM

I think it's a good idea to let people buy things with bitcoins. I really find myself contend about keeping in budget while travelling aboard. Not just because I don't have the money but due to hassle of currency exchange and getting an ATM that supports your card. With flights and hotels booked online, if we could implement bitcoin payment on other services, we would not need to carry cash.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Erumo

Activity: 553
Merit: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 01:54:51 PM

I think it's a good idea to let people buy things with bitcoins. I really find myself contend about keeping in budget while travelling aboard. Not just because I don't have the money but due to hassle of currency exchange and getting an ATM that supports your card. With flights and hotels booked online, if we could implement bitcoin payment on other services, we would not need to carry cash.

I was always interested, why people while being abroad rush to withdraw local cash from ATM? What is the point of doing that? Do these people visit shady shops and are afraid to use their card there? By withdrawing local cash from ATM you lose double. First is the bank commission, second is spare change - not a single money exchange will accept coins for exchange. So generally your exchange rate is super low.

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 02:41:23 PM

I think it's a good idea to let people buy things with bitcoins. I really find myself contend about keeping in budget while travelling aboard.
It would be beneficial if you got good gains on bitcoin isn't it? it is convenient when you bought bitcoin somewhere in $3K then you spend it in around $5K, that's almost double so I think that would be the best case scenario in spending bitcoin. So, ideally bitcoin is spendable, correct, however there are some reservations with consequences imo.

Not just because I don't have the money but due to hassle of currency exchange and getting an ATM that supports your card. With flights and hotels booked online, if we could implement bitcoin payment on other services, we would not need to carry cash.
We already have credit cards for these transactions online and wired, apart from these we already have digital payment processors we have bunch of them to choose from. Bitcoin was really for investment today.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 02:49:48 PM

Like 20k Satoshi for every can of coke without changing it whether the value of bitcoin goes up or down.

Why only once? You should support blockchain idea, make cryptocurrency circulate more. Otherwise what is the point of Coca Cola and others implementing option to pay in cryptocurrency, when everyone prefer to hold it instead of using.
But what would be the point of waiting for an hour for your transaction to get confirmed and then have a coke instead you can pay in cash and do the same job in seconds. Although I appreciate the effort that companies are putting to accept bitcoins as a payment option and this would encourage more companies to accept cryptocurrencies as a payment in the future too, as coke is one of the oldest and most trusted companies still surviving today.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 05:40:25 AM

It is always good to have adoption. Though the article says the users have to first install the "Sylo smart wallet". This should only be optional and users should have the freedom to pay BTC through any method they want. Even the partnering payment processor, Centrapay would benefit more if they were to just take responsibility of setting up an open payment method at the vending machine end and not restricting the user to install a separate wallet for it.

You do all the partnership, marketing thing. You put in the hard work to get yourself a deal with coca-cola executives and then shoot yourself in the foot with a restrictive wallet service. When will business people learn their open source lesson? Still, good news. One step at a time.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 213

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 06:01:16 AM

2000 vending machines were set up to accept bitcoin as payment for Coca Cola products on Australia and New Zealand. This is possible with regards to the Partnership of Coca Cola Amatil with Centrapay - A digital asset integrator which signed a contract with CCA to use their Sylo Smart Wallet

More than 2,000 Coca-Cola vending machines across Australia and New Zealand now accept bitcoin (BTC) as a payment option.

Coca-Cola Amatil, the largest bottler and distributor of the brand in Asia-Pacific, has partnered with crypto payments startup Centrapay, for the initiative.

To get started with BTC payments, users would need to install Sylo Smart Wallet on their phones. Once the wallet is installed, Centrapay allows users to scan a QR code to pay for Amatil’s items in bitcoin and other digital currencies. 

Centrapay said it helps brands to connect directly with users and help increase their revenue potential. Adidas, KFC, and Jack Daniel's are some of the brands listed on its website as customers.

Centrapay CEO Jerome Faury said the firm had solved two barriers to the adoption of digital assets - "integration complexity and poor user experiences." Looking ahead, Centrapay plans to grow its business globally. “We’ve established a presence in North America and will be targeting the US market next with some world-first innovations,” said Faury.

I am hoping to see the adoption extend through out the entire globe. Do you think this is a good start as adoption for bitcoin? Im thinking if many bitcoin holders will used it for this simple product. Wondering if the  transaction fee also is worth it on a one tin can Coca Cola drink.

This is one great initiative from Coca Cola company that surely now realized the advantage of Bitcoin towards their business.

From papajohn's pizza,to KFC chicken and Starbucks coffe (of course theres other more) now the most popular soda company in the whole world are accepting Bitcoin in New Zealand and Australia ?this means in the next coming years  this effect will happen also in other part of the world and finally Asia?

davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 06:07:20 AM

So I guess that Australia and New Zealand are crypto-friendly countries.
How many Australians and people from New Zealand are true Bitcoin supporters and are actively using Bitcoin to purchase stuff everyday?I don't think the number is that big,so it's not worth it to invest into creating 2000 vending machines that accept BTC payments.BTC should be used for buying more expensive stuff,like cars,real estate,electronics,clothes.
Anyway,knowing that a huge global brand like Coca Cola is supporting Bitcoin is a big boost for Bitcoin's overall image as a trusted currency.

rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 06:45:06 AM

Business is business, companies that will adopt crypto will always look for benefits, it's not unusual for this companies
to to hold unless there's an insiders that will dictate to hold.
Without any further information it will cycle in a normal ways, accept crypto then convert it to fiat value same cycle
with any payment transactions.

That's how business works, even normal people also aimed for benefits and how they can use the system to take advantages
and enjoy the profits.

plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 11:16:00 AM

I see this as a good adaption especially from a big company, it's a good way to promote bitcoin in the public. However, I don't think a lot of users will actually pay using bitcoin for one drink. If you're just planning to buy a small drink, I think it's more efficient to use a bill or coin than bitcoin.

For the holder's side, I think not everyone will personally be spending bitcoin for a can of coke but on the other side, it's a good opportunity for crypto and bitcoin itself to get recognized by the public. But maybe other bitcoin holders might try this if it's available in a lot of places since it's still nice to have this first-hand experience like using bitcoin because like this is not always available in some countries.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2020, 05:35:57 PM

Oh, i always want to buy coca cola with my crypto, must have feature (no)

Hey at least its not coffee...

That said, you could always exchange with the shop owner in advance, its not like people usually interact directly with the Coca Cola company. Unless its some sort of vending machine?

Or Coca Cola wants to associate its image with a "cool millennial thing" like Bitcoin, in which case its "free" promotion (actually paid when you buy their product).

But bitcoin was meant to be used to buy things, including this. So why not?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2020, 08:27:24 PM

Bitcoin mass adoption is only a matter of time. Previously, those who adopted bitcoin as a means of payment included Starbuck (a famous coffee shop around the world), KFC (the Largest Fried Chicken Company in the world), Domino's Pizza (American chain of international pizza restaurants). And now Coca Cola has begun to adopt bitcoin as well as the payment option they provide.

Companies that adopt bitcoin as a method of payment, of course, have gone through lengthy discussions. Bitcoin is adjusted to their platform so that Bitcoin can be an alternative payment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: