Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:31:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: End time scenario  (Read 771 times)
omegaflare (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:32:44 AM

Is it wise to store bitcoin via cold storage for end time purpose (that is if I am still alive.. ha)? If US economy crashed and etc.

I wouldn't use gold/silver/platinum in the end time scenario because it can be easily looted. Bitcoins - not so much.  Thought?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:47:23 AM

Not really. The scenario that you are describing entails a breakdown of the current social and political structure, which means that you prolly won't even be able to connect to the Internet anymore. Even if you could find some way to use your Bitcoins, online transactions won't really matter since looting is apparently an issue in this world order that you are planning for. What would be the point of ordering anything online with Bitcoins if the item would most likely never be delivered to your doorstep (assuming that you still have a doorstep to call your own)? Food and water are the currencies of an apocalyptic world, not Bitcoins.

Keep Bitcoins that you are not about to spend in cold storage. Forget about Bitcoins if you're planning for a T-Virus epidemic.
omegaflare (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:55:02 AM

Not really. The scenario that you are describing entails a breakdown of the current social and political structure, which means that you prolly won't even be able to connect to the Internet anymore. Even if you could find some way to use your Bitcoins, online transactions won't really matter since looting is apparently an issue in this world order that you are planning for. What would be the point of ordering anything online with Bitcoins if the item would most likely never be delivered to your doorstep (assuming that you still have a doorstep to call your own)? Food and water are the currencies of an apocalyptic world, not Bitcoins.

Keep Bitcoins that you are not about to spend in cold storage. Forget about Bitcoins if you're planning for a T-Virus epidemic.

True, but I can always fly out to another country and hook up the internet from there. The T-Virus epidemic virus scenario is always a real possibility, then yes, Bitcoins would be useless. Good point, I haven't thought of that.

doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

End of time i would assume meant end of power and the internet as we know it. Look at the walking dead TV show. BTC would be useless there. Without electricity and internet, there is no Bitcoin. Thats why you need gold and silver also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: