Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] austinmcraig #5 — Four Lots — 2013 Casascius 0.5 BTC, Brass, MS65 & 64  (Read 915 times)
austinmcraig (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 8

Guy from the "Life on Bitcoin" documentary film

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 05:01:07 PM

***Carefully read this auction post in its entirety before bidding***

This auction ends Friday June 12, 2020 at 3:00pm Mountain Daylight Time (UTC -6).

Lot 1:
One original brass Casascius 0.5 BTC physical coin, minted in 2013, graded by ANACS at MS 65
Fully funded with an intact and sealed hologram on the back (123vrmGv)
Coin address: 123vrmGvhz16vgqdrjoyrbEiGKBY51NQfN

Lot 2:
One original brass Casascius 0.5 BTC physical coin, minted in 2013, graded by ANACS at MS 65
Fully funded with an intact and sealed hologram on the back (123eUhqt)
Coin address: 123eUhqtnEBevdhNuVkDHwesstEnipy44C

Lot 3:
Fully funded with an intact and sealed hologram on the back (123qGJgo)
Coin address: 123qGJgo91ZXw8iTPMmfR6mc9QYS5yWQW1

Lot 4:
One original brass Casascius 0.5 BTC physical coin, minted in 2013, graded by ANACS at MS 64
Fully funded with an intact and sealed hologram on the back (123LjKtn)
Coin address: 123LjKtnNAHaYBGQGt2Sm7ZX74pJKVi2zv

Photos Lot 1:

Photos Lot 2:

Photos Lot 3:

Photos Lot 4:

BIDDING AND PAYMENT

Minimum bid will start at 0.5 BTC. Bidding will be done in 0.005 BTC increments. Bitcoin is the ONLY accepted form of payment for this auction. Please bid in the following format:

CORRECT FORMAT: "For lot 1, I bid 1.005 BTC"

INCORRECT FORMAT: "For lot 1, I bid 1.00012345 BTC"

Should bids come in within 5 minutes of the end of the auction, the auction will be extended by 1 minute increments between additional bids. This will be measured by the minute, not by the second. For example, if a bid comes in at 2:57 MDT (within 5 minutes of auction end), the auction will be extended by one minute to 3:01:00 MDT. If another bid comes in at 3:00:59, the auction will be extended to 3:02:00. If the next bid comes in at 3:01:01, the auction will be extended to 3:03:00. Official bid time records will be determined by the timestamp posted on your bid reply. Upon the auction end, I will announce the winner and declare the end of the auction.

ESCROW and SHIPPING

I have been in contact with minerjones, who has offered to provide escrow services for this auction for a 1% fee/gift. This additional 1% of the auction total will be split between myself and the winning bidder. This means that if you are the winning bidder, you will need to budget an additional 0.5% of the winning total for your share of the escrow.

The coin(s) will be shipped from Utah, USA.  Shipping in the USA will be $30. This shipping cost will be added to the total of the winning bid after the auction ends. Shipping will be via USPS registered mail (which requires a signature upon delivery).

Shipping outside the USA will be managed by minerjones, who has offered to facilitate international shipping for this auction. The winning bidder can choose from USPS, Global Post, UPS, and Fedex. If you are the winning bidder and are outside the US, after the auction ends I will be in touch along with minerjones to coordinate shipping and cost. This cost will then be added to the total of the winning bid. I will ship the coin(s) to minerjones via USPS registered mail, after which he will send to you. Please be aware this method of shipping will take longer than conventional post, because of all these additional safeguards we are utilizing to ensure a successful delivery of your coin(s).

After working out shipping, upon successful payment to the escrow agent, your coin(s) will be shipped within 24 hours or as soon as reasonably possible.

Please do not send payment to any wallet address until shipping and escrow have been determined. Payment will be sent to the escrow agent's wallet.

Shipping arrangement and payment are all due within 72 hours from the time the auction ends. Should the winner not honor their bid and not provide payment in that 72 period, the next highest bidder will be requested to honor their bid.

AUCTION WINNER INFORMATION:

If you win, please PM me immediately with all of the following information:

FIRST AND LAST NAME
STREET ADDRESS & BUILDING/SUITE #
CITY
STATE
COUNTRY
POSTAL CODE
PHONE NUMBER
EMAIL ADDRESS

~FINAL NOTE~

Please be aware, if you partake in this or any of my other auctions, please expect that you will receive fake PMs and/or emails from impostors pretending to be me or anyone else involved in the auction, likely to try and get you to send coins to other addresses. Please be diligent and make sure you take all reasonable precautions to not get fooled by the inevitable scammers who will try and scam you, and me, and everyone else they can.

Auction begins now!

I'm the guy from the "Life on Bitcoin" documentary film:
http://lifeonbitcoin.com/
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1752

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 05:44:41 PM

For lot 1, I bid 0.52 BTC

For lot 2, I bid 0.52 BTC

For lot 3, I bid 0.52 BTC

For lot 4, I bid 0.52 BTC

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
selassiesoildier
Copper Member

Activity: 674
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:24:47 PM

Lot 3: 0.525BTC
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 11:58:13 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2020, 02:21:15 AM by Room101

Lot 4: 0.53BTC

EDIT:

For lot 4, I bid 0.530 BTC

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
heisty
Copper Member

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 12:35:37 AM

Lot 1: 0.53 BTC
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 01:54:32 AM

For lot 2, I bid 0.525 BTC

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 03:54:44 AM

For lot 2, I bid 0.530 BTC

rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 04:15:16 AM

For lot 3, I bid 0.53 BTC
bavicrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 01:20:44 AM

For lot 1, I bid 0.525 BTC
For lot 2, I bid 0.535 BTC

Room101

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 01:26:05 AM

Hey bavi, I think someone above you already bid 0.53 on lot 1?

Although Newbie, so not sure if it counts?

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
bavicrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 01:57:07 AM

I assume that bid was invalid according to auction rules:

Please bid in the following format:

To be confirmed by OP, as I’m not sure how strict he will stick to the auction terms.

heisty
Copper Member

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 02:00:13 AM

Hey bavi, I think someone above you already bid 0.53 on lot 1?

Although Newbie, so not sure if it counts?

My bid's a serious offer @0.53; austinmcraig allowed a newbie to bid during his previous auctions so I assumed I should be okay: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5252590.0

I can rephrase my bid:  For lot 1, I bid 0.53 BTC.
Room101

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 02:22:38 AM

To be confirmed by OP, as I’m not sure how strict he will stick to the auction terms.

ahh, good catch, I have edited my bid for lot 4 to reflect the exact wording

anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 09:21:22 PM
Merited by rxalts (2)

There should be no rephase necessary.... the bidding formats were meant to show proper bid increments, not screw over a user with a legitimate bid.  The ONLY way I could have seen the technicality stick was if the OP had made people change their bidding format in ANY of the 5 auctions they have had recently.  They never requested anyone to do so..... therefore the newbie bid should stand.  Just my 2 Sats.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 09:57:39 PM

we just almost ruined the integrity of the auction by editing so many posts
austinmcraig (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2020, 10:46:12 PM
Merited by anonymousminer (1)

There should be no rephase necessary.... the bidding formats were meant to show proper bid increments, not screw over a user with a legitimate bid.  The ONLY way I could have seen the technicality stick was if the OP had made people change their bidding format in ANY of the 5 auctions they have had recently.  They never requested anyone to do so..... therefore the newbie bid should stand.  Just my 2 Sats.

anonymousminer is right — as long as the increments are correct, I'm not going to worry about exact phrasing. I'm not the soup nazi.

It looks like the winners are as follows:

Lot 1 winner: heisty at 0.53

Lot 2 winner: bavicrypto at 0.535

Lot 3 winner: rxalts at 0.53

Lot 4 winner: Room101 at 0.53

Please let me know if you see an error anywhere.

Congrats who all who won. Look in your DMs for more info.

I will be listing FIVE MORE ITEMS on Monday. More 0.5 BTC brass Casascius coins. 1 x MS64, 3 x MS63, 1 x MS62. See you all then!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 12:56:10 AM
Merited by bavicrypto (1)

anonymousminer is right — as long as the increments are correct, I'm not going to worry about exact phrasing. I'm not the soup nazi.

It looks like the winners are as follows:

Lot 1 winner: heisty at 0.53

Lot 2 winner: bavicrypto at 0.535

Lot 3 winner: rxalts at 0.53

Lot 4 winner: Room101 at 0.53

Please let me know if you see an error anywhere.

Congrats who all who won. Look in your DMs for more info.

I will be listing FIVE MORE ITEMS on Monday. More 0.5 BTC brass Casascius coins. 1 x MS64, 3 x MS63, 1 x MS62. See you all then!

That is all well and good but you should stop using the: "CORRECT FORMAT: "For lot 1, I bid 1.005 BTC" then as it is useless.   Words have meaning and what you declared in the auction terms make most bids invalid.

austinmcraig (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2020, 09:40:12 PM
Merited by Lesbian Cow (1), anonymousminer (1)

Hey all — I know I said I'd post five more items for auction today, but shipping via USPS Registered Mail is taking longer than it should. I'm tapping the brakes and will post the auction in upcoming days when prior auctioned items have safely arrived to the winning bidders.

Thanks much.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: