Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's possible to trace a bitcoin transaction?  (Read 517 times)
cdc4helpwithBitcoin

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 06:51:33 PM

Does blockchain.info basically provide the hash information I need to track down addresses of miners?
I want to ask the police to freeze accounts of mining profits scammers?
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3DUgK59qeL6RpD7wJxi2satEv9BwkArHT8
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 08:59:12 PM

Does blockchain.info basically provide the hash information I need to track down addresses of miners?
I want to ask the police to freeze accounts of mining profits scammers?
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3DUgK59qeL6RpD7wJxi2satEv9BwkArHT8
Could you elaborate your point, if you want to track a specific bitcoin address you can user this site

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/0000574a52f90da4?from_address=3DUgK59qeL6RpD7wJxi2satEv9BwkArHT8

It provides further details than what usual bitcoin explorer provides. But i do not understand the purpose of asking the police to freeze the account and whether they are able to do that. If you have evidence then you can file a report but the level of investigation depends upon your region and country.
skyline65
Copper Member

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 09:17:16 AM

I am sorry to say but you cannot get back your coins. Blockchain is a block of transactions ( lots of transactions) , and among that we cannot find a single transaction. That's why i always prefer a some reputed third party website to buy some stuff by cryptocurrency. Crypto currency transaction is a peer to peer transaction. That's means no third party involved between Sender and Receivers.

So technically we should take precaution and think the consequence before dealing with cryptocurrency. Because our rewards will depend on what we do.

But yes you can take the screenshot to show the receiver that you already paid for the item, Hope you will get good response from the receiver.
ninabobo

Activity: 463
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 01:53:09 PM

It should be noticed the reasons why bitcoin and other digital currencies are not central, so any exchanges doing with cryptocurrencies forms of money should be finished with a dependable source, in other to get rid of such issue.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 09:56:12 PM

It should be noticed the reasons why bitcoin and other digital currencies are not central, so any exchanges doing with cryptocurrencies forms of money should be finished with a dependable source, in other to get rid of such issue.
Not all because there are other coins out there which can really held off such transactions if they wanted to. Not all coins/projects in this market is totally on that decentralized side of things.
Tracing up bitcoin might not be possible for other or they do believe on that but there are some exceptions or situations. Ex. Take a look on what CipherTrace been doing when it comes
to tracing transactions? Some are indeed found on where those coins originated from and where it did able to land.
Even though its been traced or known but reversing transaction is really impossible.

dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2021, 02:47:03 AM

Could you elaborate your point, if you want to track a specific bitcoin address you can user this site

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/0000574a52f90da4?from_address=3DUgK59qeL6RpD7wJxi2satEv9BwkArHT8

It provides further details than what usual bitcoin explorer provides. But i do not understand the purpose of asking the police to freeze the account and whether they are able to do that. If you have evidence then you can file a report but the level of investigation depends upon your region and country.

yep i do agree with this guy, me personally got scammed lot of time  Grin Grin Grin and police usually can't track down the transcation even they do there will be another problem the scammer maybe in another world from you and case closed

Do your own research before investing Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███