Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India considers another widespread ban on Bitcoin  (Read 686 times)
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 11:30:57 PM

Seeing how they handled the demonetization back in 2016, I'm not that surprised that heavy-handed measures are still being proposed there. Imagine how it could affect the price if Indian lawmakers actually managed to pull this off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Indian_banknote_demonetisation

Signature space available for rent.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 06:50:02 AM
Merited by malevolent (5)

Seeing how they handled the demonetization back in 2016, I'm not that surprised that heavy-handed measures are still being proposed there. Imagine how it could affect the price if Indian lawmakers actually managed to pull this off.
The past government was ruled by an economist named Manmohan Singh and the present government is ruled by a gimmick tea seller with Photoshop images to misguide the masses and they rely on identity politics and social media influence to spread the lies and twist reality and they are doing the best they can do and so is the reason they could get away with the biggest blunders like demonetization ruining the economic growth and forcing businesses to shut down and yet they were able to win the next election because of the media manipulations and the fake news they were able to convince the illiterate masses and hence they were able to win the popularity contest in the elections.

On top of that the financial minister when asked about the decline and recession in the automobile sector said that is caused by the millennial generation who uses Uber and Ola and when you have people like this as the leader what should we expect  Cheesy. No idea what the government will come up but if the ban is done against the constitution rights then people will fight against it in the court of law even though it takes a long time to get the results.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 02:23:42 PM

I read a blog where they mentioned that India is going back to their 70's in terms of the economy especially after the covid 19, and a fun meme I watched on the internet when a journalist asked a minister how they are going to tackle the high unemployment rate in their country then his reply was you can own a street food shop to make income this show how much they care about their people actually. Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 08:50:08 PM

I thought the Indians government has settled the issue of banning crypto. It's hard time the Indian citizens to show their support for crypto than allowing the old fashioned men in power to deny them full access to digital world.
This is a wake-up call for Indians that the present government doesn't want them elevate from poverty, other than the gap between the rich and the poor will always be differentiated
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 09:00:10 PM

I read a blog where they mentioned that India is going back to their 70's in terms of the economy especially after the covid 19, and a fun meme I watched on the internet when a journalist asked a minister how they are going to tackle the high unemployment rate in their country then his reply was you can own a street food shop to make income this show how much they care about their people actually. Cheesy

Totally banning of crypto of course is not favourable to their citizens who are crypto users. In this forum alone, we know there are a lot of Indians and some of them are relying their income on what they are getting from bounties/sig campaigns that this forum offers. And since we are still in pandemic, their government should not be so hard on implementing the total ban on bitcoin. They are just making their citizens' life miserable.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 09:42:03 PM

I thought the Indians government has settled the issue of banning crypto. It's hard time the Indian citizens to show their support for crypto than allowing the old fashioned men in power to deny them full access to digital world.
This is a wake-up call for Indians that the present government doesn't want them elevate from poverty, other than the gap between the rich and the poor will always be differentiated

No cryptocurrency ban was not settled but the ban was only eased because India’s Supreme Court believes the RBI ban on crypto shouldn't be due to their thought only. However, it will be hard to come to a conclusion about cryptocurrency in India because the country is a traditional country which consists of 4 religion which has different understand about crypto and has about 22 languages. This was also the thing that affected gambling there either.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 05:32:22 AM

Totally banning of crypto of course is not favourable to their citizens who are crypto users. In this forum alone, we know there are a lot of Indians and some of them are relying their income on what they are getting from bounties/sig campaigns that this forum offers. And since we are still in pandemic, their government should not be so hard on implementing the total ban on bitcoin. They are just making their citizens' life miserable.
In reality the government is not going to care about the citizen, even in the pandemic they are going to restrict the meaning opportunities for their people.Indian government is really going hard at anything they wanted to do from demonetization and GST to everything as long as they had the majority.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
typelau

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 09:03:10 PM

Why is it that India is being considered a foggy country for cryptocurrency? I would like to know   Huh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: