Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:23:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seems like bitcoin is too slow to progress  (Read 604 times)
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 07:50:49 PM

guys, in bitcoin literally nothing happens if we compare with defi on ethereum. User experience and possibilities there (lending, dexes, pools and so on) are so far ahead.   
the idea of 21kk bitcoins is out of date, no fresh ideas, no fresh blood in devs. And also absolutely centralised infrastructure around (exchanges). Lightening is fucked.   
Bitcoin is one more tool for snx traders. And its price goes exactly according to s&p500. I hardly see reasons to hold the biggest share of my portfolio in bitcoin. Maybe I missed smth, help to get it. Thanks!
The thing is, all these altcoins were created after Bitcoin and as usual the last will always see the things that are not perfect with the first product and they will try to add more features.

I think that when Bitcoin was being created, the main thing they had in mind was just transaction and they were not really looking more into other features. Even though the transaction is a bit slow than others, there is still nothing wrong with it. Others were able to identify the few faults it had and then used it to perfect their own projects.
Nothing is perfect!

This is why other developers would try to create to much better and more updated coin.This isnt only talking in cryptos side
but this had been happening since from the beginning of time since its part of our instinct to create something better on where
others had already done but we cant really avoid the fact that first things that had pop out would always took the spot light
even no matter how many much better alternatives out there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 08:00:31 PM

~snip~
we cant really avoid the fact that first things that had pop out would always took the spot light
even no matter how many much better alternatives out there.
^ Definitely right, for over 10 years of being existed of bitcoin we can see that it is always on the top and no one alternative coins were defeating bitcoin even it has slow progress. The way of payment method always reliable even though we know that the fees and the speed is quite different from altcoins.
Nevertheless, I dont see any altcoin that the best alternative to bitcoin. Probably the uniqueness on bitcoin will always put on the top and many developers who have to try to have improved because it is an open-source system.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 10:49:48 PM

Bitcoin is more or less 11 years now, from the start until now it has some huge progress, maybe slow but huge. What do you think if bitcoin does not exist? Will Ethereum exist now? Of course, altcoins have more features than bitcoin, honestly better than bitcoin technically, it is faster, with smart contract features and other stuff. It is designed to be better than bitcoin and with specific use cases but bitcoin is the king.
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 11:25:13 PM

seems like bitcoin is too slow to progress
Seems like we are to slow to progress to earn full profit from our using of Bitcoin.
How much fast you want it to be. Bitcoin itself is a progressive mecanism which operates based on the progressive knowledge of its users. With the increase of adoption among more and more users around the world, bitcoin is enriched by more useful adds to maintain his ability to adopt with all our needs for security,anonymity...
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 11:31:18 PM

guys, in bitcoin literally nothing happens if we compare with defi on ethereum. User experience and possibilities there (lending, dexes, pools and so on) are so far ahead.   
the idea of 21kk bitcoins is out of date, no fresh ideas, no fresh blood in devs. And also absolutely centralised infrastructure around (exchanges). Lightening is fucked.   
Bitcoin is one more tool for snx traders. And its price goes exactly according to s&p500. I hardly see reasons to hold the biggest share of my portfolio in bitcoin. Maybe I missed smth, help to get it. Thanks!
Many here posted their own opinions already. Just do this. SELL YOUR BITCOIN, HOLD A SHITCOIN AND

If you don't want Bitcoin then just leave. Simple as that. No need for further explanations. Ethereum and Bitcoin are 2 different coins and they are good in their own ways. If you don't want to buy Bitcoin, just buy TRX since the owner it self already that it is a shitcoin like you, pure shit.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 12:34:06 PM

bitcoin is incomparable to others imo  . others  are just too young to compete with btc  , its like they all have thier own gimmicks in the hopes of defeating bitcoin but still not enough  if i were to ask  . come to think if btc is out of date , then why it still the number one  crypto coin that being used by many people  .

if you want to  see new update  , well that happens too recently or idk maybe you just missed that one out    ,  im talking about the halving   .
Bitcoin is the most popular coin and nothing can be compared to bitcoin. With the range that the bitcoin has achieved it is hard to compete with. Many cryptocurrencies are making things to encourage people and defeat bitcoin. They are trying to launch gimmicks. Many people are saying that bitcoin is not up to date but still many people are using and supporting bitcoin.
When we talk about the halving and you want to see updates about it you just have to scroll about it because it just happened recently. Most of the time people is just missing the upates.
Some cryptocurrencies are modeled from bitcoin. These are called alternative cryptocurrencies which are much easier to trade and mine than bitcoin. Bitcoin and alternative coins are all virtual or electronic money.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: