Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tangem wallets  (Read 978 times)
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 07:09:59 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (17), hugeblack (3), krogothmanhattan (2), MrCryptHodl (2)

My order came in. They are a bit smaller than I thought, just a bit smaller than a credit card.

They did sync fine with the app - though I did not save the app, just downloaded the app, held a card to the phone - it easily scanned it in and shows a public address and balance of zero. It appears that you then can load to the card using the public address. In order to send from the card, it appears that you need to have the card near the phone so that the app can scan it.

One thing I will need to try is to put a small bit on one, and see if I set it up on one device what will happen if its "tapped" to a new device - I want to know if someone can essentially steal the card and they have all the funds on it simply because they have the card ? or because it is sync'd to my device that it is requires my phone?

Also, what happens if I lose my phone? Can I easily access it with another device - the above scenario about someone stealing it would answer this question as it is basically the scenario just not "stolen"

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tweetious

Activity: 1941
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 07:46:03 PM

One thing I will need to try is to put a small bit on one, and see if I set it up on one device what will happen if its "tapped" to a new device - I want to know if someone can essentially steal the card and they have all the funds on it simply because they have the card ? or because it is sync'd to my device that it is requires my phone?

Also, what happens if I lose my phone? Can I easily access it with another device - the above scenario about someone stealing it would answer this question as it is basically the scenario just not "stolen"

all the cryptographic keys (public/private) are being created within the chip and stays there (ie the private key). If you lose the card, then you lose the funds. The app is just a way to interact with the card (it does not store anything from the card). Hence you can use the card with different phones.

With a single card scan, you can instantly see the balance of the card (ie if it is loaded or not).
If you would like to transfer funds from the card to another addy, you have to keep the card attached to the phone for 1-2 minutes (for security reasons - see contactless RFID skimming)
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 08:04:50 PM

all the cryptographic keys (public/private) are being created within the chip and stays there (ie the private key). If you lose the card, then you lose the funds. The app is just a way to interact with the card (it does not store anything from the card). Hence you can use the card with different phones.

With a single card scan, you can instantly see the balance of the card (ie if it is loaded or not).
If you would like to transfer funds from the card to another addy, you have to keep the card attached to the phone for 1-2 minutes (for security reasons - see contactless RFID skimming)

yea - I tested that just a few mins ago using my wife's phone, loaded right up with no problem - I don't see any way to add a password or anything either.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 08:08:02 PM

According to the FAQ you can also PIN protect the card. With the PIN and the requirement to hold the card next to the Android phone for 30-45 seconds for transfers that is supposed to prevent drive by attacks. I got a few of these to play with when they first came out but never really used them much. I will have to find mine and see how that PIN is enabled.

tweetious

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 08:09:59 PM

yea - I tested that just a few mins ago using my wife's phone, loaded right up with no problem - I don't see any way to add a password or anything either.

AFAIK there is no option to add a password. but IMO you do not need one. The major functionality of those cards (except to store crypto like a usual hardware wallet) is to perform off-chain transactions.

User A loads the card with an x amount, and pass it to user B. User B tap the card to the phone, confirmes the loaded amount and keeps the card (as an exchange for goods/ or services)

edit: I never experiment myself with the PIN usage

edit 2: someone should have physical access to your card (for a couple of minutes) to steal your funds. Hence if you are afraid of this situation, then probably this is not the ideal solution to store crypto in it.

edit 3: the FAQ the BitcoinNewsMagazine posted above, will probably solve/answer all your questions :-)
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 08:46:57 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2020, 09:00:40 PM by MoparMiningLLC

AFAIK there is no option to add a password. but IMO you do not need one. The major functionality of those cards (except to store crypto like a usual hardware wallet) is to perform off-chain transactions.

User A loads the card with an x amount, and pass it to user B. User B tap the card to the phone, confirmes the loaded amount and keeps the card (as an exchange for goods/ or services)

edit: I never experiment myself with the PIN usage

edit 2: someone should have physical access to your card (for a couple of minutes) to steal your funds. Hence if you are afraid of this situation, then probably this is not the ideal solution to store crypto in it.

edit 3: the FAQ the BitcoinNewsMagazine posted above, will probably solve/answer all your questions :-)

yea I figured it would take longer - my concern was if someone steals the card like a burglary - but that goes with any cold storage wallet as well - all they need to do is peel em and sweep em - if they know what they are lol I always feel that any criminals in my area if they get past the alarm and my guns wont know what crypto is lol

EDIT
another concern - maybe a non issue as there may be other ways to read the card - but what if Tangem goes under or their app stops working - will there be any way to recover the btc that might be on it? An example would be coinkite - I have one of  their cards and with the public address I can add to the card but without their system, there is no way to remove anything added to the card/account.

I do like the idea of using it to carry a set amount of btc - like in your example, to pay someone where they tap it and verify and then keep the card and there is no concern with me being able to take the funds as they essentially hold the private key in that card.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3596

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2020, 03:48:33 PM

It’s great to see hip-to-chain technology. Cheesy
Does anyone know how Tangem wallets manage the public key from the private key? Is it possible to program on importing an old key/seed or generating a new private key?
Why are there dedicated MICROCHIPS for each cryptocurrency?

I don't think they have any encryption of the service but the wallet design looks strange, I thought they might modify the design to carry the public key but you can modify the final design yourself.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tweetious

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 06:30:39 PM
Merited by hugeblack (3)

It’s great to see hip-to-chain technology. Cheesy
Does anyone know how Tangem wallets manage the public key from the private key? Is it possible to program on importing an old key/seed or generating a new private key?
Why are there dedicated MICROCHIPS for each cryptocurrency?

I don't think they have any encryption of the service but the wallet design looks strange, I thought they might modify the design to carry the public key but you can modify the final design yourself.

those are segments taken from the Tangem FAQ & hopefully answers your questions:

A wallet private key, which is the key to the ownership of blockchain assets, is always securely generated inside the Tangem chip. The key cannot be injected from outside, backed up or restored. Thus, the card holds a unique and unclonable instance of the wallet.

At the moment, Tangem supports the following cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, XLM, ADA.
In order to optimize for user experience, we kept it simple. Each Tangem Card is fixed to a certain cryptocurrency and can hold one private key at a time.

Each Tangem Card holds a secure chip that allows you to store and carry digital assets. The private key is generated by and permanently stored within the chip. Nobody has access to it either during or after the manufacturing process. This means that nobody can input, export or make a copy of this key.

The security of Tangem technology is audited by the Kudelski Group, a listed Swiss security company. The report is available here. After the audit, the chip firmware cannot be modified even by Tangem. Its intactness in each Card can be verified with the Tangem App. The app and the NFC communication protocol are open source.

Copyright disclaimer: The above are not my words, the text is taken (as is) from the Tangem Faq.
Source:
https://shop.tangem.com/pages/tangem-faqs

Not quite sure how "how Tangem wallets manage the public key from the private key". I know that you can re-initiate the card (i.e. create a new private/public key pair). However, I am not quite sure if for every transaction a new public key is being created (if this is your question)

Further, if you would like to program Tangem cards, and use the same card for multiple blockchains/cryptocurrencies (one at a time), there is a development kit. You can either use their GitHub code to create your own application or use their android development kit app (from the play store), to program a card with the characteristics of your preference.

Here is a summary of what you can do:

choose blockchain and signature algorithm, coin or token, define lifecycle, set up protection and protocol encryption, play with 2FA and issuer secure channel, check card and firmware attestation, load and read up to 100kb of extra data.

Source: above text taken from "Tangem Development Kit" description

https://shop.tangem.com/products/tangem-developer-kit
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

View Profile
June 19, 2020, 10:06:16 PM

Oh these are pretty cool. My favorite one is the bitcoin cash card, the future of cryptocurrency.  We had planned on actually making a bitcointalk card with the makers but I guess the project just kind of got put on the back burner.  Would like to see it come to fruition however.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2020, 10:41:26 PM

Oh these are pretty cool. My favorite one is the bitcoin cash card, the future of cryptocurrency.  We had planned on actually making a bitcointalk card with the makers but I guess the project just kind of got put on the back burner.  Would like to see it come to fruition however.

I will reach out to the guy I was dealing with and prod him - maybe if enough people do it, they will make one. Pretty sure if they made a bitcointalk version, they would get a few sales.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2020, 12:47:07 AM

I will reach out to the guy I was dealing with and prod him - maybe if enough people do it, they will make one. Pretty sure if they made a bitcointalk version, they would get a few sales.

Forum branded items have historically sold poorly here

Really? Well then maybe not a good idea - and maybe that is why it went nowhere before? I would have thought the forum members would like that type of stuff

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 02:14:47 AM
Merited by Mbitr (1)

Current plan is to release a 10 year anniversary coin on the forum's 20th anniversary.  Stand by.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2020, 02:26:13 AM

Current plan is to release a 10 year anniversary coin on the forum's 20th anniversary.  Stand by.

haha!!! yea whatever happened to the 10th anni coin?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7689

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2020, 04:27:42 PM

today my tangem wallets finally arrived - including a limited ADA version Grin
as i also find a good alternative to the ballet wallets Wink

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2020, 04:53:06 PM

today my tangem wallets finally arrived - including a limited ADA version Grin
as i also find a good alternative to the ballet wallets Wink

nice! they did not have the ADA one when I placed my order. Glad your order came in!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
cygan
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2020, 10:24:06 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 06:10:10 PM by cygan

tangem now brings out a new wallet - tangem twin

With Tangem Twin, you will have personal custody of your Bitcoin in the most secure and reliable hardware wallet. TWIN is a set of two cards, each programmed to access the same wallet, to protect you from losing your funds.
https://shop.tangem.com/pages/tangem-twin-bitcoin-wallet

and there is also a promotion to get this beautiful wallet cheaper... of course i have already ordered one Wink

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2020, 11:27:22 PM

tangem now brings out a new wallet - tangem twin

With Tangem Twin, you will have personal custody of your Bitcoin in the most secure and reliable hardware wallet. TWIN is a set of two cards, each programmed to access the same wallet, to protect you from losing your funds.
https://shop.tangem.com/pages/tangem-twin-bitcoin-wallet

and there is also a promotion to get this beautiful wallet cheaper... of course i have already ordered one Wink

Ordered a set earlier today!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
cygan
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2021, 10:55:24 AM
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

would like to BTCump this thread again for the following reason - Tangem has again released new wallets, which can now be ordered in the online store Smiley

Our shop now has the brand new singlecurrency #TangemNote! Crypto made Tangible! BTC, ETH, BNB, XRP, ADA, and DOGE are among the cryptocurrencies available.
https://twitter.com/Tangem/status/1456009551891816448
details👉https://cards.tangem.com/choose-and-buy/tangem-note
shop👉https://shop.tangem.com/products/tangem-note

We're excited to share some very big news! The new #TangemWallet is now available in our store! This is a multicurrency wallet that supports 600+ coins. You can now back up your wallet to up to 2 cards and protect your funds with a recoverable access code.
https://twitter.com/Tangem/status/1456209135637344256
details👉https://cards.tangem.com/choose-and-buy/tangem-wallet
shop👉https://shop.tangem.com/products/tangem-wallet

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2021, 02:59:53 PM

thanks for sharing cygan - I meant to do so the other day when I placed my order. I got one of each of those new ones and I also ordered the twin set (Two identical cards - in case you lose one or want to share with like a spouse)

Mine BTC @ kano.is
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2021, 04:19:51 PM

They have also released another multi-currency version - not really sure what the difference is other than the look and size (this one is more the shape of a typical credit card vs the shorter/longer version they typically release.

link is here: https://cards.tangem.com/choose-and-buy/tangem-wallet

Mine BTC @ kano.is
cygan
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2021, 08:10:25 PM

have also just ordered all 7 new Tangem wallet cards ... you can then admire later in my collection Wink

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2021, 12:33:11 AM

have also just ordered all 7 new Tangem wallet cards ... you can then admire later in my collection Wink

mine were shipped two days ago - so hoping to see them soon.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2021, 03:05:59 PM

Arrived today

Mine BTC @ kano.is
thiago007

Activity: 426
Merit: 27

View Profile
November 27, 2021, 04:48:08 PM

Arrived today

do you know if they do for Litecoin ..?
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2021, 12:00:35 AM

Arrived today

do you know if they do for Litecoin ..?

I have 22 Tangem variations and none are specific to Litecoin - however, they do have a multi-currency wallet which does support Litecoin.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
thiago007

Activity: 426
Merit: 27

View Profile
November 28, 2021, 12:12:25 AM

Arrived today

I have 22 Tangem variations and none are specific to Litecoin - however, they do have a multi-currency wallet which does support Litecoin.

Thanks for the information and a little strange that they do not have Litecoin I think that today who did not trade with Litecoin is because they do not know much ..
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2021, 12:14:50 AM

Arrived today

Thanks for the information and a little strange that they do not have Litecoin I think that today who did not trade with Litecoin is because they do not know much ..

it is possible that they once might have done one for Litecoin but if they did, I never saw it nor do I have one. And they have very few versions on the site atm.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
cygan
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2021, 06:05:30 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 05:20:47 PM by cygan

Arrived today

mine arrived today Smiley

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2021, 07:10:28 PM

I have one I am still waiting for - the black Multi-Currency version

Mine BTC @ kano.is