Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EMC Pool Newbie support  (Read 2195 times)
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 02:42:49 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2012, 06:46:06 AM by Inaba

Hi guys!  Since you can't post in the main forum and some of you have questions in regards to starting on the pool, I am opening this thread to answer questions or help fix problems encountered when using EMC.  If you have any questions about DGS or the Cash Out option, please don't hesitate to ask.  It can be a little unintuitive at first, but once you get a feel for it, most users love the system.

https://eclipsemc.com is the website address.

This is a zero fee pool and will remain so.  We do not charge you any fees for mining with our pool and we pay out to all 8 decimal places.  No more storing sub .02 amounts in your account, we pay you everything you've earned.

We are built from the ground up with security in mind and completely original, custom code.  All traffic is encrypted (with the exception of block traffic, since it's meaningless in terms of security), database passwords are hashed & salted, worker passwords are divorced from the account passwords, etc...  

You are free to sign up with any email address, we don't verify.  However, you won't be able to use our password recovery or Email notification features if your email address isn't accurate.

We are a double geometric scored pool.  We use Meni Rosenfeld's scoring algorithm which awards each user fairly based on their contribution to the block.  This prevents pool hoppers from taking a substantial portion of your profit.  For more information, see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39497.0

All of our features are active for everyone during the testing phase and depending on how donations go, they may remain free indefinitely, those features include, but are not limited to:

• Merged Mining - Mine both BTC and NMC at the same time!
  • Yubikey Two factor authentication
  • Google Authenticator as an additional 2nd factor authenticator
  • Instant Payout for all work completed (Including unconfirmed blocks and even the current block!)
  • SMS Notifications on failed miner, payouts, account changes and solved blocks
  • Email notification on failed miner, payouts, account changes and solved blocks
  • Privacy Mode
  • Automatic Profitability Calculator for each miner
  • 8 decimal place payout
  • Payouts in BTC or directly with Paypal in USD
  • Payout lock on critical account changes
  • Geographically distributed and redundant infrastructure
  • Scalable architecture for future growth
  • Detailed Graphs and statistics
  • Mobile pages for viewing on your mobile devices
  • Complete JSON API
  • Long Polling Support
  • On Demand payouts
  • Automatic payouts

All this is wrapped up in an easy to use interface!

We have 3 main work servers located at:

For US residents:
us.eclipsemc.com

For EU residents:
eu.eclipsemc.com

For Pacific Rim / Asia / Australia
pacrim.eclipsemc.com

To connect with poblbm, you can use a command line similar to:

./poclbm.py --server=http://<username>:<password>@us.eclipsemc.com:8337

or with Phoenix:

./phoenix.py -u http://<worker_name>:<workerpass>@us.eclipsemc.com:8337

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 06:53:11 PM

Hi!

This is the BEST pool ever!

The only missing feature is the "Teams"...

I think it is easy to implement this, you just need to sum the hashrate of the team's members... Right?!

Cheers!
Thiago
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 07:50:33 PM

Is there an example of how a team would work?  I can look into making it available.  I think you (or someone else) mentioned it a long time ago, but  I think it got lost in the shuffle.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 03:31:29 PM

Mmm... I think it can be like:

Team 1 - Total members = 4

User1 = member of "Team 1" = 1200MHash
User2 = member of "Team 1" = 800MHash
User3 = member of "Team 1" = 1700MHash
User4 = member of "Team 1" = 1400MHash

Team 1 = 5100MHash / 5.1GHash

I'm not a developer but, I guess you can create a new table called "teams" and insert the data there...

For example:

Code:
select * from eclipsemc_teams;

------------------------------
| team_name | members |
------------------------------
| Team 1 | User1, User2, User3, User4 |
----------------------------------------------

And just do the sum of the user's hashrate to display it at the web page as a "Team 1" hashrate...

What about that?!  Wink

This can be so simple as the standard /etc/group file.

Best!
Thiago
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 03:42:58 PM

Aggregating the teams is as easy as you say, for sure. Smiley  Developing the interface to allow you to join/leave a team, create a team, delete a team, keeping track of everyone, etc... is the hard(er) part. Smiley

I will see what I can do about that, though... long weekend coming up, so I should be able to get it done between sessions BF3 and Skyrim! Ha!

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 06:39:46 PM

hehehe... You right!
I don't know how to do it...   Tongue
I'll take a deep look into this to try to help... Maybe drawing a fluxogram of it.
Best!
Thiago
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 04:28:22 AM

Added support for Yubikeys to keep your account safe!

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 04:47:14 AM

Starting this thread in the Newbie section is a good idea, Inaba. I think you are a good spokesman for your pool.

From what I have been reading in the forums here, Eclipse seems worthy of serious attention. I only have a few Ghash/s, but I intend to add it to Eclipse by the end of the month.

One question: is there a way to see the weighted donation % of your pool? Something like you see here: https://arsbitcoin.com/poolstats.php

ArsBitcoin, at the link above, reports a weighted donation percentage of 0.55%. I would be interested to know/see what that number is for Eclipse. Any chance of putting that statistic up somewhere, or would you rather keep that private?
thatonegirlt

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:23:48 AM

I started on the pool a little while ago and have past that 7 block prereq but if the stats page is any indication, I pretty much never make a positive outcome compared to proportional. Any ideas on why that is?

Heard of TripleMining? Join my minipool at thatonegirlt.triplemining.com/register

If you feel in a donating mood, fyi:
BTC: 1Aojiin3eXgDoEmSKkCaec1kh678Q96BmH
NMC: N16kRfVy43shrE1jnrFP7hzwfFcvb9UHrM
LTC: LMk3hTQVNZdKsKYEf1VViVYepgm8F5GVnj
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 05:36:35 AM

What is your username on the pool, thatonegirlt?

Epoch: I will add that statistic - but can you define what it is specifically?  What do they mean by weighted donation?  Just the average % donation divided by the number of users?  The number of users who donate? 

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:10:46 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2012, 12:47:46 AM by Epoch

Epoch: I will add that statistic - but can you define what it is specifically?  What do they mean by weighted donation?  Just the average % donation divided by the number of users?  The number of users who donate?  

'Weighted donation' is calculated/refreshed each time the pool solves a block and is simply (#bitcoins donated in the block)/50.

It represents the net donation percentage across all users, whether they are donating or not. Perhaps an example will clarify. Say your pool has 3 users:

User1: 5Ghash, 2% donation
User2: 15Ghash, 0% donation
User3: 30Ghash, 1% donation

When the pool finds a block, the 50BTC reward is distributed among the users as follows:

User1 reward: 4.9BTC (0.1BTC donated to pool)
User2 reward: 15BTC (0BTC donated to pool)
User3 reward: 29.7BTC (0.3BTC donated to pool)

So the 'weighted donation' would be (0.1+0+0.3)/50 = 0.8%

This simply means that the pool is getting a net average donation of 0.8% from each user. For new users, this can be a guide to tell them what other people are donating.
thatonegirlt

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:52:21 AM

What is your username on the pool, thatonegirlt?

thatonegirlt  Grin

Heard of TripleMining? Join my minipool at thatonegirlt.triplemining.com/register

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 06:51:47 AM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  I looked at your account... it looks like you start and stop mining.  Your overall income is actually 22% over prop, you just see the last 50 blocks, which shows you at a slight negative. 

The problem you are experiencing is that there is a lag of about 7 blocks before you see changes in your score that reflect actions you take.  Think of the DGM system as a capacitor that charges/discharges slowly (in this case, about 7 blocks).  Any action you take right now to increase your score (such as submitting shares) will start to show in your payout about 7 blocks from when you started. 

If you maintain a steady hashrate, your payout will be approximately what you would get at an unhopped proportional pool.  If you have a fluctuating hashrate, some blocks will be exceptionally + prop and some will be exceptionally - prop and everywhere in between.  You are actually doing fairly well at prop +22% overall.

Epoch:  I will look into adding that statistic this weekend (or possibly next week, depends on how busy I get).

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 06:53:02 AM

I have now activated Google Authenticator for those of you who don't want/don't have a hardware token (Yubikey) to use.  You can now download the Google Authenticator from your favorite market (Either Android Market, Apple Market or BlackBerry Store), install it on your mobile device and use it as a 2nd factor authenticator.

See this link for more information: http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1066447

To activate GA, you will need to go to My Account, click the Google Auth radio button and save your changes. Then you will need to generate a GA token, with the link right below the 2F Auth for Google Authenticator.  You will be presented with a QR code that you scan into Google Authenticator and it will automatically configure everything you need.

I've tested it out, but I am tired and it's late, so it's entirely possible I missed something.  For anyone brave enough to give it a try, let me know what you think.  If for some reason you get locked out of your account through a bug, send me an email and I will unlock your account as soon as I wake up.  I am going to bed now though! 

thatonegirlt

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 09:19:44 AM

Is the new way supposed to force you to use a Yubikey or GA key? Because before I could login without a Yubi but now with the GA update if I try to just click login with it blank, then it says my verification failed and I cannot login. =/

From the main page:
"Sorry, your account credentials are not valid. Please go back and try again!
Google Authentication Failed."

From the login page:
"Not Found

The requested URL /confirm_login_test.php was not found on this server."

BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 11:36:28 AM

Is the new way supposed to force you to use a Yubikey or GA key? Because before I could login without a Yubi but now with the GA update if I try to just click login with it blank, then it says my verification failed and I cannot login. =/

From the main page:
"Sorry, your account credentials are not valid. Please go back and try again!
Google Authentication Failed."

From the login page:
"Not Found

The requested URL /confirm_login_test.php was not found on this server."

Same thing here.
This issue has been reported from different miners during the last hours in the mining/pool section of this forum.
Everyone is waiting for Inaba...

However, the miners als still running, and I'm sure he will fix this soon.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
Timbo925

Activity: 352

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 11:52:03 AM

We just need to be patient. But the problem is because of the security updates so in the end it will be more secure.  Smiley
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 03:38:28 PM

Jeez I'm really sorry everyone... I should know better than to go straight to bed after finishing up a major project.

It should all be fixed now.... you should be able to login without a GA token and you should be able to generate a proper GA token from the link.  Sorry about the mishap.  Everything should be working though.  Please let me know if it isn't!

BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 05:09:42 PM

Jeez I'm really sorry everyone... I should know better than to go straight to bed after finishing up a major project.

It should all be fixed now.... you should be able to login without a GA token and you should be able to generate a proper GA token from the link.  Sorry about the mishap.  Everything should be working though.  Please let me know if it isn't!

Thanks for fixing.
Login is working again.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

I've added the weighted average donation % to the block stats.  It's just below the My Donation value in self same column.

Haha, a bit depressing actually Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: