Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for Liquid Cooling a 420 TH/s Antminer Farm?  (Read 579 times)
betajuice (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 10:24:58 PM

Hi everyone.

I am happy with my mining setup I got going from scratch, roughly 420 TH/s total capability, mostly S17's.

Unfortunately I am in a not-well ventilated warehouse and with the summertime, I am unable to run more than 150 TH/s due to the heat buildup.

I feel like liquid cooling and attaching the radiator to the wall could be a good solution, but I have zero liquid cooling experience and not sure which is the best way to go about this. (I only have 1 wall that faces the outside, so cannot create a cross airflow).

I'm guessing I will need to get a radiator of some sort, a pump, and some setup to immerse the miners in, but I am lacking terminology, what size of hoses, what liquid to use, size of pump, as I have zero experience and not even sure what terms to look up.

Does anyone have any advice or links to solutions to this? Given my load, and obviously cheaper of a solution the better.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
esi418

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2020, 07:22:03 AM

could you give me some what'sup or telegram account to send you my immersion cooling setup?
if you have access to any water source it will be very nice, if not,you need about 4-6 car radiator and some installation structure, also you must check your miner power for any nonsealed relay because, oil will penetrate to it and cause mafunctioning and blow your ntc

at the end,if you haven't any experience with this job, i recommend you don't do it alone
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2020, 04:16:17 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2020, 06:31:53 AM by BlackPrapor
Merited by frodocooper (4)

You're should be looking for a custom made bath (stainless steel is best, but plastic is widely used as well), circulation pump, a heat exchanger (liquid to liquid), a heat transfer liquid (low temperature dielectric silicone fluid PDMS -Polydimethylsiloxane, with viscosity from 5cst to 10cst), obviously pipes, and heat dissipation units of your choice. You can use radiators with fans, chillers, pools, adiabatic coolers, or long hole drilled for water. The last is best choice as you get water with 5C temperature in most cases. I found it easier to use a radiator with a fan, and spray water onto radiator, making an improvised version of adiabatic cooling unit. Cost came out to be a half of what I would spend to drill a long hole, but now I'm thinking of going for deep water anyway. This option gives better cooling if you plan to add more hash power in the future and its totally silent. With external fans you get a lot of noise (neighbours will want you die in accident once your noise is over 60dbi within 5 meters radius =)), that's why I had to build a silencing box around it. If you have a pool of sufficient size, preferably with a waterfall, that could do the job as well. Last time I checked, liquid cooling setups in Russia had a cost of 160-200USD per one ASIC, in USA it could be more, as I've seen some companies charge 42000USD for complete setup to cool 8 ASICS. Seriously. Anyway, you should be able to buy everything locally, except PDMS liquid. Its available on Alibaba from China in bulk and small quantities.

P.S. You could also heat your house with ASICs, but most probably it won't be comfortable to heat your house all year long.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 05:34:50 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2020, 03:08:51 AM by frodocooper

Did you try this kind of setup on your farm?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5087770.0

Soo far this is the best way to install a farm that i know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: