Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:52:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PAXOS+COINJOIN]Your privacy is a threat to exchange business?#deletepaxos  (Read 340 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10194

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 12:46:27 AM

Paxos hitting the news again.
One of the worst exchange partnering with another bad actor, Revolut, who tried to smuggle a shitty CFD on Bitcoin as Bitcoin.

Here is the news:
Revolut partners with Paxos to bring cryptocurrency trading to the US

Users in the U.S. can now buy, hold and sell Bitcoin and Ethereum from the Revolut  app. The feature is going to be available in 49 states as there are some regulatory issues in Tennessee. If you have USD or other currencies in your Revolut account, you can exchange manually whenever you want.

These are actually CFD:

Revolut made some changes to its cryptocurrency feature recently. While you now technically own your cryptocurrencies, you can’t send and receive cryptocurrencies from third-party wallets. The feature is all about trading — buying, holding and selling.

EDIT:
Jameson Lopp adding his tough on the Revolut “BTC”:

https://twitter.com/lopp/status/1283348325715107841?s=21

In addition to that, I opened a thread to give more visibility to Zucco’s Treatise on Privacy: it’s clearly explained why actors as Coinbase and Paxos are bad for bitcoin, their clients and even those interacting with those subjects.

Why did I think of paxful, when I saw paxos....

Different company.. that is more like local bitcoins.... https://paxful.com/

I cannot keep up with some of the name similarities.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: