Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CASHAA HACK. Who TF is Kumar Gaurav, BEWARE!!  (Read 133 times)
amishmanish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 04:39:31 AM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (2), teosanru (1)

I read about the cashaa hack and went into a little detail about the apparent "entrepreneur" behind it. It is some kid from Amity University named Kumar Gaurav. The idiot runs a website with his own name where, in typical crypto scammer style, he is blowing his trumpet about all sort of achievements. Never heard of him before and to me, he seems like another one of those sleazy, suited-booted, scammers akin to Amit Bhardwaj.

The grammar on his website is abysmal, he calls himself amongst top 100 influential blockchain people which he surely isn't. Ranking by some shit website does not make you so and i am pretty sure there are enough people who have done more for bitcoin and crypto that a top 100 list won't need someone like him. Take a look at the list here and judge for yourself. You will have heard of every person in that list in relation to something crypto related.

To top it all, the idiot stored 336 BTC on a web-wallet and then claims to be running a service that is supposed to "challenge" banking. I feel he is just scamming a lot of people who would have invested in his ICO or kept fund in the "exchange".

What are your thoughts on this? Does the website or this guy seem legit to you??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2020, 05:06:18 AM

I find it well, should i call stupidity? To store customer funds in a web wallet, a WEB WALLET? Not a ledger, not multi sign and i bet there was no insurance either  - 0 security to customer funds.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2020, 05:24:29 AM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

I took part in the Cashaa ICO bounty campaign for some twitter promotions and had received some tokens. But very soon they asked for KYC because something had gone wrong and they needed to KYC all holders to be able to swap new tokens to them and older tokens were useless.

Me being diligent about such tactics decided not to and left their groups, accepted those coins as a lost cause and decided to forget about it.

It is true that Cashaa was a fintech ICO and was having an Indian team behind it. It had some investments from some companies here too but as we all know they are all under the table deals and part of the bigger scam.

Original topic was here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272412.0

Looks like the thread OP decided to delete the OP and distance themselves from the project. Embarrassed

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 06:06:31 AM

I read about the cashaa hack and went into a little detail about the apparent "entrepreneur" behind it. It is some kid from Amity University named Kumar Gaurav. The idiot runs a website with his own name where, in typical crypto scammer style, he is blowing his trumpet about all sort of achievements. Never heard of him before and to me, he seems like another one of those sleazy, suited-booted, scammers akin to Amit Bhardwaj.

The grammar on his website is abysmal, he calls himself amongst top 100 influential blockchain people which he surely isn't. Ranking by some shit website does not make you so and i am pretty sure there are enough people who have done more for bitcoin and crypto that a top 100 list won't need someone like him. Take a look at the list here and judge for yourself. You will have heard of every person in that list in relation to something crypto related.

To top it all, the idiot stored 336 BTC on a web-wallet and then claims to be running a service that is supposed to "challenge" banking. I feel he is just scamming a lot of people who would have invested in his ICO or kept fund in the "exchange".

What are your thoughts on this? Does the website or this guy seem legit to you??
Though I am not sure if he is a scammer or not but

Did a quick Whois lookup and found that the registrant is from Harjuma, Estonia. which means he must be operating from there.
Seems easy to do a scam and in India while staying in foreign so that he can easily run away with the money.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
amishmanish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 06:24:34 AM

Original topic was here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272412.0

Looks like the thread OP decided to delete the OP and distance themselves from the project. Embarrassed

Yeah back then everyone was starry eyes about these "challenging banking" ICOs. The last update on that page happened in December 2018 before Cashaa pivoted to take on a completely Indian Avatar which was commented upon by erikalui.
It seems like all of those cases where the ICO token prices crashed, the founders liquidated their ETH, BTC and the tens of thousands who had invested their crypto stopped asking questions rationalizing "Ohh, it has happened with everyone". Its funny how these ICOs have been a major wealth transfer from gullible people to wilful as well as unwitting scammers.

As RBI lifted the ban, i think these guys pivoted to opening up an exchange. I just don't understand that an idiot who writes bitcoin.info in the FIR instead of blockchain.info, stores custodial funds in a web wallet, how the hell do these idiots become spokesperson of crypto in our country?
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2020, 05:22:18 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2020, 05:40:33 AM by TheUltraElite
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

how the hell do these idiots become spokesperson of crypto in our country?
They never did it actually only in their self-entitled world. They tried to but ended up being bad. I guess it is just a matter of follower-ship there, those who follow Kumar will be his minions but not the rest of the world who have caught the method of how ICOs have dealt in non-legal securities. Reminds me of the RogVer vs Anti-RogVer debates.

If they are trying to set up as spokesperson, they are mistaken. But in country like India where money speaks of course he will have advisors and private investors who will dump the market when they wish to and exit before the retail investors even know about it. Thats how they made money during the ICO craze.

There is also a thread going on here - Hacker stole 336 BTC from Crypto exchange Cashaa

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
amishmanish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 06:10:53 AM

how the hell do these idiots become spokesperson of crypto in our country?
They never did it actually only in their self-entitled world.
--snip--

If they are trying to set up as spokesperson, they are mistaken. But in country like India where money speaks of course he will have advisors and private investors who will dump the market when they wish to and exit before the retail investors even know about it. Thats how they made money during the ICO craze.
Hey TUE. I said spokesperson because at different points, multiple publications have used idiots like him and Amit Bhardwaj as some sort of experts for feedback on bitcoin. I have seen atleast two articles in The Hindu. Remember the time when Amit Bhardwaj had a full front page advertisement on "The Hindu" about his MCAP scam. He even gave away a free ebook about Bitcoin!! I wonder why this keeps happening. Can't media people find better people?

TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 10:24:16 AM

Remember the time when Amit Bhardwaj had a full front page advertisement on "The Hindu" about his MCAP scam. He even gave away a free ebook about Bitcoin!! I wonder why this keeps happening. Can't media people find better people?
True that. The media gets paid to post these article and promotional pictures. Can you imagine the amount of money the newspaper takes to do a full page advertisement on a top newspaper of the country? It means that the Advertisers have that money at hand, so you can imagine how much they actually made.

We cant really blame a news media for posting about a scammer. At that time there was little proof of that so probably it was passed off as just another advertisement.

People need to careful that is all I suggest to everyone, to use their own judgement.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x