Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shocking - With a law, India plans lasting ban on cryptos  (Read 751 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 02:49:45 PM

I don't know what to think anymore. Got to hear this news before it was posted here and was not doing any crypto transaction. Now, when the country's economic situation is so bad, I don't think they'll take a step so soon. Am neither positive nor negative as I am willing to expect both situations now. Nothing can be worse than this pandemic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 04:06:10 PM

^^ @erikalui : Chances are its idea of one senior/arguably bored bureaucrat and i believe SC is going to spank him again in near future.

I have stopped giving attention to medias, will see when bill gets to the Parliament.
We don't have any media in our backyard per se but cheerleaders, if i am being completely honest then its fucking disgrace....

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 05:23:42 AM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Imagine an average middle class person holding Rs.1000 worth of BTC and getting caught.
Would he pay Rs. 25 crore of fine ? I can only laugh on this real hard. I know there is a second option of imprisonment of 5 - 10 years.
But how would anybody prove that you are the person holding the coins.
You know there are ways to keep the coins anonymous and just decline the fact that they are yours.
Rest assured that if they really think that someone owns 1000 BTC, the best cyber-minds of our great institutions would pursue you to hell and back to prove the connection. They will then either resort to asking that person to "settle" the matter by sharing the anonymous currency to whoever the officer incharge of the case will be. In case a person is unable to pay due to any honest reason, they will bring the full force of law onto the person. Thus the law.

Even contemplating such a bill is insane. The Chinese have embraced it, USA has embraced it. Yet our incompetent assholes don't disappoint and come up with such "three times the harm caused or three times the gains" ideas. Our worst fears about the BJP monster are coming true. They started with defining our identities. Now they want to dictate how you do business and how you earn money. If we continue down this path, (which i am afraid we may for at least another 6-7 years), this country will have become a terrifying place to live in. The specter of "Financial terrorism" against citizens is fast approaching. What happened with Mallya will happen to each one of the citizens trying to hustle to make a living.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:30:41 AM

I don't know what to think anymore. Got to hear this news before it was posted here and was not doing any crypto transaction. Now, when the country's economic situation is so bad, I don't think they'll take a step so soon. Am neither positive nor negative as I am willing to expect both situations now. Nothing can be worse than this pandemic.

This is true what worse can happen than the pandemic which has shocked all the people in all parts of the globe in some or other way. But as country is saying to convert this situation to become self-reliant, I guess crypto can play a good role in this as it can create so many people self-depended as once they make it legal, people may invest or trade and can make their earning for themselves rather than depending on other people for job. May young people can start early and save a bit and invest in crypto and who knows by the time they are our after studying they have made some good amount already and can turn to do come other business with this amount rather than working for someone else and may create job employment for other too.

Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 10:19:21 PM

Just for Bump after Binance now one more biggest crypto exchange in world is going to invest in India

https://twitter.com/OKEx/status/1283710322352611329?s=20
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 03:31:33 PM

Just for Bump after Binance now one more biggest crypto exchange in world is going to invest in India

https://twitter.com/OKEx/status/1283710322352611329?s=20

Nice! Another global exchange interested in Indian Market but P2P approach won't add anything great for Indians. We already have good P2P Exchanges and OKEx will just be another name in list unless we see some big traders there providing good liquidity for Indian Markets. Since RBI ban is removed, I am more interested in seeing instant exchanges providing instant conversion in INR rather than P2P model.

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████