Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Qortal - fully decentralized infrastructure - websites,trading,communications  (Read 14316 times)
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 06:58:57 PM

if anyone needs it, I have setup a hosted UI server @ http://node10.qortal.org:12388 for anyone who is having issues with current windows UI...

you can use this, with locally installed core, and everything will still take place local only - for anyone who is having issues with Windows UI installer while we are in process of updating to new version. You can  use this link above to access the UI.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 06:59:34 PM

ok, now I have "blockheight 1 "  ... so its syncing I guess ... I just wait then?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 07:00:26 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 01:26:09 PM by mprep

ok, now I have "blockheight 1 "  ... so its syncing I guess ... I just wait then?

If you see block 1, you just need to sync. yes.

ok, now I have "blockheight 1 "  ... so its syncing I guess ... I just wait then?

If you see block 1, you just need to sync. yes.

you can attempt to access the UI at - http://node10.qortal.org:12388 to get into your account. This is all still local only. Must have local core running in order for it to work.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 07:02:11 PM

everything fine ... curius to see how it goes on  Smiley

EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 08:10:40 PM

sorry I do not want to be overly negative so forgive me-

But I am reading down that olympic-wallper size OP and I am not able to even find the info if this is PoS, PoW, or poop or whatever,
and neither can I find an emission schedule further than 5 to 2 coins block reward-

in 2020 and after a gazillion projects good and bad, shouldn't it be sort of standard to present the most pertinent info in a way comprehensible for someone who knows the crypto world?

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 11:19:11 PM

sorry I do not want to be overly negative so forgive me-

But I am reading down that olympic-wallper size OP and I am not able to even find the info if this is PoS, PoW, or poop or whatever,
and neither can I find an emission schedule further than 5 to 2 coins block reward-

in 2020 and after a gazillion projects good and bad, shouldn't it be sort of standard to present the most pertinent info in a way comprehensible for someone who knows the crypto world?

Maybe the problem is... You've seen too many 'shitcoin' launches.

If you READ, you might be able to figure out the answers you seek... as they are ALL There.

This project is NOT PoW, it is NOT PoS, it is NOT like anything else you've seen before.

This project is FROM SCRATCH. Completely NEW. Something that most people don't have the time, effort, balls of steel, etc... for... especially to wait over 4+years of active development IN SILENCE, to present a FULLY WORKING PRODUCT..

Apologies if the 'olympic-wallpaper' (as if that's actually a thing) size OP is 'too many words' for your brain to comprehend... I will spell it out for you...

1.  We are UNIQUE - we are unlike anything else that exists.

2. We are NOT PoW, PoS, or any of the other PoWhatever's you've seen before (refer to #1)

3. The platform is meant to be INFRASTRUCTURE for the internet of the future, that will be built on The Qortal Network, as opposed to the sloppy mess of TCP connections that is the internet we have today.

4. Qortal is ONE OF A KIND. You will not see anything like this anywhere else, and have not seen anything like it prior.

5. If you're looking to MINE, you're in the wrong place, as you can clearly see on our 'wallpaper' - we mention MULTIPLE TIMES - that we are not MINING, in Qortal, you MINT.

6. If you would LIKE TO BE A MINTER ON THE QORTAL NETWORK, that is fully free and able to take place, simply get into the Discord, or Q-Chat, and request that a level5+ minter, or a founder, sponsor you, then you simply run a FULL NODE, and you MINT.

I guess if you want a 'PoWhatever', we can call it 'Proof Of Online/LegitNode' (so I guess, it would be 'PoOLN') or maybe, we could call it 'Proof of Legitimacy' or 'Proof Of Intent', regardless of what we name it... all you have to DO... is BE A FULL NODE, BE ONLINE, BE SPONSORED, PROVE YOURSELF A SUPPORTING NODE OF THE NETWORK FOR 5 DAYS. Then, you become LEVEL 1 MINTER.

As you proceed to increase in proving yourself online every block, you obtain 'BlocksMinted' count increase. As this BlocksMinted increases, so does your level. The more you are ONLINE, LEGIT FULL NODE. The more you EARN, the LARGER PERCENT OF THE BLOCK REWARD YOU SHARE, the MORE INFLUENCE YOU HAVE on The Qortal Network.

If you're one of those, who is looking to 'throw money at something' and hope to become influential that way, you will find that means VERY LITTLE in Qortal.

However, if you seek to ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE, AND BE A SUPPORTING NODE OF THE NETWORK, and wish to be A MINTER, I can help you with that, and sponsor you to get you on your way.

Any other questions? Oh, the reward scheme... right...

Well, since you clearly need things spelled out specifically for you, here goes...

In Qortal, there is NO COIN CAP. The chain STARTS AT BLOCK 1 WITH 0 COINS. The MINTERS of the network (full nodes, online, sync'd, with minting keys assigned) are REWARDED EVERY BLOCK. Based on MINTER LEVEL, their rewards are larger or smaller.

i.e. If you're a level 1 minter, you will share 5% of the block reward, EVERY BLOCK, with EVERY OTHER LEVEL 1 OR 2 MINTER ON THE NETWORK.

As you increase in level, so does your reward, as you have continued to prove yourself a supporting active node, and thus, you are more trusted, and earn more. Once you reach LEVEL 3... You will share then 10% of EVERY BLOCK'S REWARD, with all other level 3 and 4 minters.

You see? There is no way I can give you whether we are PoW or PoS, since we are NEITHER. If you READ, you will see that. IF you refuse to read, you may interject with comments like this, and prepare for my responses. Wink

<3

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 08:27:30 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2020, 08:38:57 AM by l8orre

If you READ, you might be able to figure out the answers you seek... as they are ALL There.

Apologies if the 'olympic-wallpaper' (as if that's actually a thing) size OP is 'too many words' for your brain to comprehend... I will spell it out for you...

Well, since you clearly need things spelled out specifically for you, here goes...

You see? There is no way I can give you whether we are PoW or PoS, since we are NEITHER. If you READ, you will see that. IF you refuse to read, you may interject with comments like this, and prepare for my responses. Wink

<3

Here is some expose:

I am not even questioning the technical validity of the project- it seems interesting to me, and I have seen a lot over the last 7 years I have been in the crypto space (incl. the original QORA and its decline) - how could I, I haven't looked unde rthe hood, but on first impression it looks like worth watching.

Neither am I in principal not willing to get into the technical nitty gritty of things.

My point is the style of presentation which is not done in a very comprehensible manner even for those skilled in the art (and don't reduce it to PoW vs PoS)

And, on inquiry, your response, which displays a scathing l33t-Geek arrogance of tech dudes so much in love with their own competence on their high horse that they expect everybdoy else to simply .. get it, or else be deemed of inferiour mental capacities..

Again, nothing about tech, but of presentation and style of community building, many a good tech has failed for not good community culture.

Still early, so you might want to reconsider your attitudes  Wink

Oh, come to think of it: I started looking for a whitepaper in the OP, and the longer I scrolled the more I felt being swamped with not very well structured minutiae and detail, so I did indeed not read the whole OP from first to last line, as you correctly assumed, because I was looking for a WP and a few concise points describing the whole thing.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 11:19:48 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2020, 11:53:21 AM by boomboom
Merited by tyz (2), allyouracid (1), CjMapope (1)

<3

Here is some expose:

I am not even questioning the technical validity of the project- it seems interesting to me, and I have seen a lot over the last 7 years I have been in the crypto space (incl. the original QORA and its decline) - how could I, I haven't looked unde rthe hood, but on first impression it looks like worth watching.

Neither am I in principal not willing to get into the technical nitty gritty of things.

My point is the style of presentation which is not done in a very comprehensible manner even for those skilled in the art (and don't reduce it to PoW vs PoS)

And, on inquiry, your response, which displays a scathing l33t-Geek arrogance of tech dudes so much in love with their own competence on their high horse that they expect everybdoy else to simply .. get it, or else be deemed of inferiour mental capacities..

Again, nothing about tech, but of presentation and style of community building, many a good tech has failed for not good community culture.

Still early, so you might want to reconsider your attitudes  Wink

Oh, come to think of it: I started looking for a whitepaper in the OP, and the longer I scrolled the more I felt being swamped with not very well structured minutiae and detail, so I did indeed not read the whole OP from first to last line, as you correctly assumed, because I was looking for a WP and a few concise points describing the whole thing.

Crowetic has been working on this project for +4 years, paying the devs out of his own pocket afaik too, I think it's fair to say he's balls deep on this project - financially, time commitment, emotionally - the genesis was literally today, it's a really promising project, one of the best I've followed since I started with crypto in 2013. If he sounded a bit prickly about your feedback on the announcement, try and cut him some slack, this is a BIG moment in his life, a significant achievement to get this far and launch a genuinely innovative new platform, I think he will take any help he can get with marketing & communication in the future, Qortal is very community focused, core principles of decentralization, the stuff that excited most of us that got into crypto in 2012-14.
l8orre
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 12:26:14 PM

Crowetic has been working on this project for +4 years, paying the devs out of his own pocket afaik too, I think it's fair to say he's balls deep on this project - financially, time commitment, emotionally - the genesis was literally today, it's a really promising project, one of the best I've followed since I started with crypto in 2013. If he sounded a bit prickly about your feedback on the announcement, try and cut him some slack, this is a BIG moment in his life, a significant achievement to get this far and launch a genuinely innovative new platform, I think he will take any help he can get with marketing & communication in the future, Qortal is very community focused, core principles of decentralization, the stuff that excited most of us that got into crypto in 2012-14.

yes I agree to all what you mention, so I'll be quiet. I understand the sensitivity, what I wrote was meant to be constructive criticism.

Good Luck with the project, maybe I'll get to run a node also!
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 01:14:41 PM

yes I agree to all what you mention, so I'll be quiet. I understand the sensitivity, what I wrote was meant to be constructive criticism.

Good Luck with the project, maybe I'll get to run a node also!

Yes, consider running a node, unlike PoS & PoW it doesn't require anything more than a commitment to run the software, no need to buy expensive mining hardware or a stack of coins to stake, you just get sponsored to start as a Minter (by someone over level 5), then everyone in a particular level shares a set % of the block reward, which increases as you move up through the levels, from continuing to run your node and passing uptime milestones. It's very fair, and the platform feature set is impressive!
lafong

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 01:19:23 PM

Cool project!
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 01:37:51 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 01:26:26 PM by mprep

<3

Here is some expose:

Still early, so you might want to reconsider your attitudes  Wink

Thank you for the support. Yes, I have been funding privately as well as leading the development, etc.

I come off as I come off, I mean nothing by it. I simply state facts. The facts are, your answers are in the post. (@original replying guy)

Yes, of course there is a LOT of info... this is a MASSIVE project. Even getting to the point I could actually relay the information without confusing everyone was difficult. We will improve as time goes on.

I don't care much for flashy nonsense, I care for facts.

This is purple

Oh yea, and... there is a new UI version released and OP is updated, enjoy!

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 01:50:16 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2020, 01:26:28 PM by mprep

[moderator's note: This post was deleted but its contents weren't. Due to a violation of either rule 21 or 32 (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0) this post's contents were merged into the first post in a row you've made]

This is purple

Oh yea, and... there is a new UI version released and OP is updated, enjoy!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 02:52:37 PM

We really did it. Hats off to all the developers involved in this project. We are live, now. Cool

I still remember when Polo delisted QORA, and then, the story of QORT began. A long time with lots of decisions, changes, ideas and a growing community of supporters to the project of all kinds. Awesome, I still can't really believe that I'm now minting actual blocks. It's a special moment. The QORT developers did an amazing job, so far.

I've set everything up, got my minting accounts from my old QORA accounts. The wallet looks nice and clean. What I really like is the API with the Swagger API Docs. This is lit, and it inspires programmers to build on QORT. Thumbs up! Can't wait for the trading feature to get released. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2020, 01:42:52 PM

Auto-Update of core was completed. Network enhancements should give everyone more connections.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Stratlaunch
Copper Member

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

Twitter: @RealCryptoLlama

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2020, 04:19:38 PM

Just started minting! Excited to be a part of this project  Grin

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 06:13:06 PM

This is really a great project because is not based on greed and will bring
pure decentralization and soveregnity to people.

It will actually patch the flaws that were discovered in bitcoin and other pow and pos coins
and that is that you need big financial resources to participate in mining or staking
and are biased to centralization of power in long run.

This is only at the beginning and everyone can participate just by running the software on their computer.
A software that will take just few % of your CPU power and does not require
special equipment (hardware).

Congratulations to the developers and the whole team behind this to bringing this to life.

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2020, 01:48:09 AM

This is really a great project because is not based on greed and will bring
pure decentralization and soveregnity to people.

It will actually patch the flaws that were discovered in bitcoin and other pow and pos coins
and that is that you need big financial resources to participate in mining or staking
and are biased to centralization of power in long run.

This is only at the beginning and everyone can participate just by running the software on their computer.
A software that will take just few % of your CPU power and does not require
special equipment (hardware).

Congratulations to the developers and the whole team behind this to bringing this to life.

Your words humble and honor myself as surely they do to the team as well! Thank you. Smiley

Just allow us to 'work out a few kinks' in some things, and VERY SOON we will see something TRULY REMARKABLE. Let us GATHER AS ONE TO CREATE OUR OWN NEW WORLD. Let the RULES of the WORLD be HONEST and FAIR a TRANSPARENT SYSTEM that CAN NOT BEND TO MANIPULATION in any fashion.

Something HONESTLY ABLE TO BE CONTROLLED BY INDIVIDUAL (and SOVEREIGN/unhackable) INPUT.

I am EXTREMELY excited to continue to have the honor to present such a magnificent specimen as The Qortal Network to the world, and have had an extreme honor in the years it took for us to complete the planning and execution of the project's development. STAY TUNED!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
lafong

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 10:51:22 AM

please list stable coin to trade portal
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2020, 02:18:10 PM

please list stable coin to trade portal

Listing a token would not be in the interests of Qort from what I understand.

Those stable coins are not true cryptocurrency "coins", they are tokens turned into place holders for some pre-determined fiat value.

Bitcoin will be listed from what I read.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: