Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:07:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Qortal - fully decentralized infrastructure - websites,trading,communications  (Read 14316 times)
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 07:27:41 PM

So do I understand this right. to be a minter you need to get sponsorship from someone who is level 5 in the discord or qchat?

I am not particularly keen on chatrooms or chat servers.

Is there another way to get sponsorship without joining discord or qchat.?

I read your whole announcement.   I actually find this project very interesting.
Yes, you are understanding correctly. If you want to be a Qortal Minter, you will need to interact with a Level 5 Minter and/or Founder via Discord or Q-Chat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reluctanse

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 07:29:11 PM

This is a great project, looking forward to where it goes from here!
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2020, 07:32:22 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2022, 12:45:42 PM by mprep

So do I understand this right. to be a minter you need to get sponsorship from someone who is level 5 in the discord or qchat?

I read your whole announcement.   I actually find this project very interesting.

Yes, initiative must be shown by anyone looking to become a minter on The Qortal Network. Then a continually connected node of any type after an initial bit of interaction with the community.

The easiest way to interact with the community is in the UI, in Q-Chat.

I myself am there a lot, waiting for people that I can then donate QORT to and sponsor. So it really isn't that difficult overall... but yea, you must communicate and show initiative in order to become a minter... that is the only investment required (that and a 5W or higher computer system.)

We don't believe it is that much of an issue to obtain sponsorship, then once you become your own minter, you no longer need to communicate, you simply keep helping the network grow by running your node.

The first time in a while I see pure hard-core developers working with a vision in mind and passion in the heart. Pretty much like Satoshi if you ask me.

Qortal is something else guys. Definitely not the typical, mediocre altcoin. Looking forward to the raffle!  Cool

Thank you brother, your words are appreciated.

Yes, we have been developing Qortal to provide a real, new infrastructure for the world to make use of in any number of ways.

We believe we have a very great starting platform which will only get better as time goes on.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
~Trololoh~

Activity: 248
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 08:38:22 PM

Does anyone knows the settings for using TOR ?
marracc

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 08:55:58 PM

Great event!
lyynx

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 10:34:11 PM

I don't believe that functionality is available in the projects current state, so there would be no setting for that. Not saying some iteration of TOR like functionality won't be available, just not a priority compared to other desired deliverables. The beauty of Qortal is it is built to support such features and any 3rd party can leverage Qortal to make it happen, if not today in the very near future.

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 02:00:59 AM

I don't believe that functionality is available in the projects current state, so there would be no setting for that. Not saying some iteration of TOR like functionality won't be available, just not a priority compared to other desired deliverables. The beauty of Qortal is it is built to support such features and any 3rd party can leverage Qortal to make it happen, if not today in the very near future.

I know we had a Qortal node on the Tor network at one point... I will have to ask dmax about it and get the method of configuration, as I believe he might be the only one to have done it so far.

I will post here once I know the answer.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
modewei

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 02:56:11 AM

Qortal's biggest failure is that people with level 5 accounts with sponsorship ability almost don't have the ability to promote qortal. Or do not actively promote the growth of the qortal community.
A person with a level 5 account mints 18 times more coins than a level 1 and 2 account.
I think these reasons will make qortal very unhealthy.
lyynx

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 09:49:04 AM

Qortal's biggest failure is that people with level 5 accounts with sponsorship ability almost don't have the ability to promote qortal. Or do not actively promote the growth of the qortal community.
A person with a level 5 account mints 18 times more coins than a level 1 and 2 account.
I was offered a sponsorship within a few days of participating in the community, so my experience has been different. If it was POW or POS, I'd either have to invest in mining equipment or money in my stake or both. In Qortal's Minting, my only investment is my time & engagement with the community.

Not a bad trade off for no monetary investment, even if I earn 18x less. As each day progresses, the gap between minting rewards slowly narrows. In a sense, this is no different than anything else, the early adopters enjoy the most benefits. Ultimately, time will tell.

lyynx

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 10:45:24 AM

Pictures worth a 1,000 Qort (maybe)

Crypto Play Radio

Activity: 50
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 12:12:32 PM

This is an excellent opportunity to get ahead in this blockchain project without a lot of invested time or having been an early adopter.  Someone will have a good Christmas.

Pro Tip:  This coin was trading at 1USD with no real loss until a scam exchange clone appeared and fleeced the residents  in ignorance.  Though the exchange clone has exit scammed and disappeared, the value that it fabricated to drive the price down stuck.  If you like money, this one is a steal if you can find a real seller at this price.  I can't.

They also have a Discord bot that facilitates trading as well as the trade portal in their UI.  There is literally no need for any exchanges whatsoever with this cryptocurrency.

JOIN.QORTAL.ORG - Win up to 1,000 Qort
Cryptogainz

Activity: 33
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:04:25 PM

Yes, initiative must be shown by anyone looking to become a minter on The Qortal Network. Then a continually connected node of any type after an initial bit of interaction with the community.

I myself am there a lot, waiting for people that I can then donate QORT to and sponsor. So it really isn't that difficult overall... but yea, you must communicate and show initiative in order to become a minter... that is the only investment required (that and a 5W or higher computer system.)

We don't believe it is that much of an issue to obtain sponsorship, then once you become your own minter, you no longer need to communicate, you simply keep helping the network grow by running your node.

This project is so different to anything else on here. ill say it again I find it very very interesting. I am going to dig out a pc to run as a node.  Cool 

Reluctanse

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:36:00 PM

This project is so different to anything else on here. ill say it again I find it very very interesting. I am going to dig out a pc to run as a node.  Cool 

Do it! I just hit level 1, took about a week after getting sponsored. Thanks to everyone so far!
Cryptogainz

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:50:24 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2022, 12:45:26 PM by mprep

How long does the core windows package take to sync?

it says connection 1 - height 1

its ok i have it fired up now  Cool

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
lyynx

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 08:41:10 PM

For any future users, there is a Boostrapped DB in the GitHub

Reluctanse

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 08:43:43 PM

My first sync took over night, FWIW.
modewei

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 02:54:08 AM

I was offered a sponsorship within a few days of participating in the community, so my experience has been different. If it was POW or POS, I'd either have to invest in mining equipment or money in my stake or both. In Qortal's Minting, my only investment is my time & engagement with the community.

Not a bad trade off for no monetary investment, even if I earn 18x less. As each day progresses, the gap between minting rewards slowly narrows. In a sense, this is no different than anything else, the early adopters enjoy the most benefits. Ultimately, time will tell.
I'm not saying that qortal is bad. I just think people with level 5 accounts don't take the initiative to promote qortal. While other people who have the ability to promote do not have a level 5 account, so it is very difficult for qortal to grow.
This is a matter that needs to be solved urgently.
lyynx

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 10:20:05 AM

I'm not saying that qortal is bad. I just think people with level 5 accounts don't take the initiative to promote qortal. While other people who have the ability to promote do not have a level 5 account, so it is very difficult for qortal to grow.
This is a matter that needs to be solved urgently.
I can understand how you could feel that way, however, it is not a level 5's responsibility to promote Qortal. Although, that would be nice and some do. Their intended role in the beginning is to act as Gatekeepers who engage/sponsor newcomers that have shown a willingness to support the network, promote Qortal or help in any other capacity. But as we know, in any job or social setting, especially in crypto, 10% of the community will do 90% of the work.

Cryptogainz

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 11:02:09 AM

For any future users, there is a Boostrapped DB in the GitHub

thanks i'll check it out. to use qortal does my machine have to be on 24/7 or can i fire up my node every time I come online. as i usually turn my pc off when i go out.
Crypto Play Radio

Activity: 50
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 07:11:51 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2020, 07:38:13 PM by Crypto Play Radio

I think Qortal's biggest problem is people making up numbers to suit their own interest.

A level 5 garners about 5 QORT per day where a level 1 gains around 1 and change.
This is LITERALLY less than 5x more.

Level 5 accounts were granted to holders of QORA based on various actions with that coin.  They hold these accounts due to investment and not because they promised to create advertisement.

Your statement sounds like this to all of us...

"I do not hold an account that places me in dominance.  I'd like to defecate on the current establishment in a childish attempt to elevate myself as a boon to advertisement.  Clearly, they have no clue what they are doing.  I will begin with a fabricated astronomical statistic in hopes to FUD my way into a better position."

well played, sir.

You are denigrating a promotion to say "They don't promote".

JOIN.QORTAL.ORG - Win up to 1,000 Qort
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: