Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stefan Molyneux Youtube Account and 2k Reddit Subs Terminated Today..  (Read 981 times)
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 09:34:52 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2020, 08:10:33 AM by eddie13

Wow.. Very sad..

Worlds current most influential philosopher, self-proclaimed annarcocapitalist, Bitcoin believer and supporter, hero of freedom, shut down by THEM...  

This is very very bad news for freedom...

I know Youtube has the freedom to do whatever they choose, but this is a huge setback for truth IMO..

They are cowards..

Videos can still be found on BitChute.. https://www.bitchute.com/channel/freedomainradio/

A great video he just made in the last few days..
"KILLING HISTORY" AN EXAMINATION OF MARXISM WITH DR DUKE PESTA AND STEFAN MOLYNEUX

BITCOIN VS. GOLD: THE FUTURE OF MONEY - PETER SCHIFF DEBATES STEFAN MOLYNEUX

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 09:51:08 PM

They are a monopoly, they are acting as publishers, and violating their own terms of service, so no, they aren't free to do whatever they want. This is illegal and action needs to be taken against these modern book burners.
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 10:58:56 PM

They are a monopoly, they are acting as publishers, and violating their own terms of service, so no, they aren't free to do whatever they want. This is illegal and action needs to be taken against these modern book burners.

I'm not an expert on that but I definitely agree that they way these huge companies use their influence to sway public opinion is terrible, scary, and wrong..
They are definitely no friends of mine..

They are all part of "them" and the influence they have is incredible..

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 11:23:54 PM

There are other sites to put videos on and other ways to promote them (did Youtube even promote these videos? Otherwise what difference does it make which site they're on).

But Reddit deleting The_Donald is just savage... I thought that kind of shit is what Reddit is for. That's like Bitcointalk deleting Bitcoin Discussion.

In the end users will either leave Youtube/Reddit or not. Free market should be free.
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 11:33:28 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2020, 11:52:49 PM by eddie13

Youtube had removed "Stefan Molyneux" from their autocomplete a while ago... Stef has also had his superchat donation thing taken away for a long time also..

I think he is HODLing a lot of the BTC that has been donated to him over the years so I think he is in OK shape financially..
In one of his latest shows I just watched a chatter asked something like "Do you think Bitcoin is going to zero?" and he replied "Yes, I think it is going to a lot of zeros, but their will be numbers infront of them.."

I hear reddit just axed like 2000 subs today too...

Big things are happening right NOW..

Should I post on 4chan that they can all come here to the P&S board? "Refugees Welcome!" See how much free speech this place can really handle, lol..
Thinking I might...

https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/hi5sd7/over_2000_subs_banned_today_reddits_new_content/
"Over 2000 subs banned today. Reddit’s new content policy has atrocious free speech limitations and explicitly states you may promote hate of any group as long as it is not a minority."

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 12:53:10 AM

There are other sites to put videos on and other ways to promote them (did Youtube even promote these videos? Otherwise what difference does it make which site they're on)...

Youtube has the monopoly as the primary social video hosting platform. Facebook has the monopoly over social networking. Twitter has the monopoly on up to the second current marketing based social media. Google has a monopoly on monopolies (including Youtube). Just because small little lizards exist doersn't mean Godzilla can't crush them with a hard look. This is how these types of businesses work.

They manufacture systems of dependence and control over market share and exploit them almost universally at the expense of the user base and the general public in one way or another. What starts as a simple utility becomes dependence, at which point any competition is easily bought up, made irrelevant, or crushed, and you now operate within the company store with no viable alternatives. This is not a free market, but you know this as you feign objection while quietly relishing the delusion that it serves your goals.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 01:14:27 AM

Youtube has the monopoly as the primary social video hosting platform.

It doesn't. It's quite impossible to prevent videos from being hosted elsewhere. And even if you could achieve your dream of forcing Youtube et al to host the content you like, it still wouldn't work if users and/or advertisers leave the platform as you can see now happening with Facebook. So then what - are you gonna force Nike and Starbucks to pay for the content you like?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 03:14:08 AM

Youtube has the monopoly as the primary social video hosting platform.

It doesn't. It's quite impossible to prevent videos from being hosted elsewhere. And even if you could achieve your dream of forcing Youtube et al to host the content you like, it still wouldn't work if users and/or advertisers leave the platform as you can see now happening with Facebook. So then what - are you gonna force Nike and Starbucks to pay for the content you like?

You can identify a monopoly however you like, but the law has a very specific way of defining one. Lets look at the requisites for determining a monopoly according to the FTC.

"Market Power

Courts do not require a literal monopoly before applying rules for single firm conduct; that term is used as shorthand for a firm with significant and durable market power — that is, the long term ability to raise price or exclude competitors. That is how that term is used here: a "monopolist" is a firm with significant and durable market power. Courts look at the firm's market share, but typically do not find monopoly power if the firm (or a group of firms acting in concert) has less than 50 percent of the sales of a particular product or service within a certain geographic area. Some courts have required much higher percentages. In addition, that leading position must be sustainable over time: if competitive forces or the entry of new firms could discipline the conduct of the leading firm, courts are unlikely to find that the firm has lasting market power.

Exclusionary Conduct

Judging the conduct of an alleged monopolist requires an in-depth analysis of the market and the means used to achieve or maintain the monopoly. Obtaining a monopoly by superior products, innovation, or business acumen is legal; however, the same result achieved by exclusionary or predatory acts may raise antitrust concerns.

Exclusionary or predatory acts may include such things as exclusive supply or purchase agreements; tying; predatory pricing; or refusal to deal. These topics are discussed in separate Fact Sheets for Single Firm Conduct."

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/single-firm-conduct/monopolization-defined

Exclusionary acts. Check. Control of more than 50% of market share. Check. Youtube is very arguably an illegal monopoly. They also are violating their terms of service contract by restricting use of their platform outside of their agreements as well as acting as publishers while enjoying the liability protections of being a public platform.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 03:20:31 AM

There are other sites to put videos on and other ways to promote them (did Youtube even promote these videos? Otherwise what difference does it make which site they're on).

But Reddit deleting The_Donald is just savage... I thought that kind of shit is what Reddit is for. That's like Bitcointalk deleting Bitcoin Discussion.

In the end users will either leave Youtube/Reddit or not. Free market should be free.

All of the censorship leans in one single direction, that of supporting liberal progressive ideas and the US Democratic Party.

Censorship - violent mobs - rewriting history...

Any questions about what's going on?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 04:06:01 AM

In addition, that leading position must be sustainable over time: if competitive forces or the entry of new firms could discipline the conduct of the leading firm, courts are unlikely to find that the firm has lasting market power.

There is nothing preventing you or some other true conservative from starting conspiratube and hosting whatever you want. But I'm open to the possibility of being proven wrong by the courts, just not sure what Trump/Barr are waiting for if it's such an obvious monopoly.
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 04:57:38 AM

Twitch Suspends Trump’s Channel for ‘Hateful Conduct’
The action appeared to be the first outright suspension of one of the president’s social media accounts.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/technology/twitch-trump.html

Heard Twitch banned Stef today too..

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 05:22:26 AM

In addition, that leading position must be sustainable over time: if competitive forces or the entry of new firms could discipline the conduct of the leading firm, courts are unlikely to find that the firm has lasting market power.

There is nothing preventing you or some other true conservative from starting conspiratube and hosting whatever you want. But I'm open to the possibility of being proven wrong by the courts, just not sure what Trump/Barr are waiting for if it's such an obvious monopoly.

You say that, but then they get denied services like DDoS protection, hosting, email, banking, etc. I guess they should just reinvent the internet if they want to speak huh?
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 06:02:07 AM

You say that, but then they get denied services like DDoS protection, hosting, email, banking, etc. I guess they should just reinvent the internet if they want to speak huh?

Didn't they do that back 2008 with SOPA and PIPA act?  It wasn't successful but they could always try collaborating with their colleagues "THEM".  There is just no stopping them even if they are exposed since they literally own the internet. When there is a monopoly its going to be easy to crush anyone small as Stefan.  

PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 06:10:58 AM

I looked at his wikipedia page, and it looks like he may have some views that I strongly disagree with, assuming the page is accurate. I am not sure how prevalent these kinds of views are in his videos.

I would not defend someone who uses their platform to promote very bad things just because the person has some other views that I may agree with. If his Wikipedia page is accurate, it sounds like he has some pretty radical views with regards to race.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 06:29:59 AM
Merited by PrimeNumber7 (2)

It's a bit odd that these companies, Twitch, Youtube, and Reddit acted simultaneously to remove right wing communities/accounts. They have every right to if they find violations to their ToS. Reddit I think took the best approach. Don't agree with them banning communities, but they banned a toxic right community, and banned the commie derangement subreddit ChapoTrapHouse.
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 06:48:08 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2020, 07:02:37 AM by eddie13

I looked at his wikipedia page

Ofcourse the wikipedia page is slander..

He has done some stuff about "Race and IQ", scientific data and what not, evolutionary differences of different populations the world, etc..
Scientific stuff, not "white supremacist" stuff.. (unless you want to call science "white supremacy")
Here is some about it... https://www.freedomain.com/2019/11/15/the-untruth-about-stefan-molyneux-3-iq/
It explains income inequality in free markets statistics and BTFOs the "systemic racism" BS excuses the left uses..

He is extremely anti-nazi/fascism and is not a fan of the kkk or white power crazies or anything like that..

Bit hard to find his videos right now, especially old ones, or I'd link it.. That's the worst I can think of as far as "racism"..
It was years ago though.. Nothing new..
Back then he was more into philosophy and stayed away from politics more.. These days he is mostly politics..

He just hit marxism hard in the vid I posted in the OP.. And just did The Rayshard Brooks Shooting - According to an Ex-Cop
Haven't watched that yet, but maybe that did it..

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 07:15:10 AM

Wow.. Very sad..

Worlds current most influential philosopher, self-proclaimed annarcocapitalist, Bitcoin believer and supporter, hero of freedom, shut down by THEM...  

This is very very bad news for freedom...

I know Youtube has the freedom to do whatever they choose, but this is a huge setback for truth IMO..

They are cowards..

I'm not an expert on that but I definitely agree that they way these huge companies use their influence to sway public opinion is terrible, scary, and wrong..
They are definitely no friends of mine..

They are all part of "them" and the influence they have is incredible..

It's a bit odd that these companies, Twitch, Youtube, and Reddit acted simultaneously to remove right wing communities/accounts. They have every right to if they find violations to their ToS. Reddit I think took the best approach. Don't agree with them banning communities, but they banned a toxic right community, and banned the commie derangement subreddit ChapoTrapHouse.

I’m not surprised that Reddit has decided to ban accounts, as they had have done it in the past too when they had banned accounts of the climate change deniers. Also YouTube and Twitch parent companies (Google and Amazon) are under constant attack by Trump, hence once again I’m not surprised that they’re targeting him in an election year. In my personal opinion it looks like these companies have colluded within themselves to hurt Trump on social media, and if Twitter and Facebook join in too then Trump will be beaten even before the elections begin.

Sources:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/critics-blast-reddit-over-climate-change-skeptic-ban

https://www.axios.com/reddit-bans-the_donald-forum-as-part-of-major-hate-speech-purge-fbc8a185-0f81-402a-8629-08bec50be4f9.html

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/10/20908894/donald-trump-twitch-amazon-bernie-sanders-washington-post

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/trump-attacks-tech-giants-for-being-controlled-by-radical-left/1836852
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 07:20:44 AM

Apparently reddit thinks only certain types of racism is acceptable:

Rule 1: Remember the human. Reddit is a place for creating community and belonging, not for attacking marginalized or vulnerable groups of people. Everyone has a right to use Reddit free of harassment, bullying, and threats of violence. Communities and people that incite violence or that promote hate based on identity or vulnerability will be banned.
Marginalized or vulnerable groups include, but are not limited to, groups based on their actual and perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or disability. These include victims of a major violent event and their families.
While the rule on hate protects such groups, it does not protect all groups or all forms of identity. For example, the rule does not protect groups of people who are in the majority or who promote such attacks of hate.
eddie13 (OP)
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 07:23:35 AM

the rule does not protect groups of people who are in the majority

Right.. So anti-white racism is still just perfectly fine with reddit..
Perfect for the narrative..

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 07:41:39 AM

Yeah, they really should if they feel that strongly about the problem. The government shouldn't be able to force internet service provision companies to have to carry certain customers. Its against free market principles, something that you supposedly champion. If your argument about monopolies had a legal leg to stand on then you wouldn't be here complaining about white supremacists getting canned for being mass shooter incel-inciting fucksticks. You just want the government to intervene and protect your "little fee fees" from getting hurt. Lol.

Free market my ass. This is the opposite of free market. They should be forced to follow their TOS, not get the liability protections of open platforms while acting as publishers, and are operating illegal monopolies. You think this serves you but your foresight is about as long as your dick. This isn't just conservatives being banned, they are literally determining what is science and banning any dissent of any kind. You are next, this is how it works, they get idiots like you to cheer it thinking it serves you then suddenly it is you who loses access. Also "white supremacist" "incel" and "Nazi" are labels drooling retards like you use to demonize anyone you disagree with. It is just a pathetic pretext to enforce your own preferred totalitarian tendencies. You are a hypocrite and an idiot who has no idea what is in store for him.

I looked at his wikipedia page

Ofcourse the wikipedia page is slander..

The word you are looking for is libel, and of course it isn't. First of all, only a judge is capable of making that determination. Second of all, here is the justification from the Talk section of his Wikipedia page for leaving it the way that it is:

All 53 citations describe a similar picture of the guy being "a far-right, white nationalist Canadian podcaster and YouTuber" and those citations point to common reliable sources that are the norm for this website. Indeed, those sources are known for there neutrality throughout history (even before Wikipedia).

You can argue that every source of the citations is biased I guess, but it would just seem that the main problem is the far right's inability to recognize reality via overwhelming consensus.

He has done some stuff about "Race and IQ", scientific data and what not, evolutionary differences of different populations the world, etc..
Scientific stuff, not "white supremacist" stuff.. (unless you want to call science "white supremacy")

Here's the problem: he's not a scientist and taking his words as "scientific stuff" is an intellectual failure on the part of those who do. He's a social media personality and professional speaker. Nobody thinks science is "white supremacy." Actual scientists have debunked the majority of his claims and the rest of us can see them for what they actually are: inflammatory nonsense designed to give white supremacists (his primary audience) a boner.

Here's what the professor Molyneux based much of his "research" on has to say about him:

"These people are just coattail-hangers. They don't have anything new to contribute to the debate - they just try and make the debate spectacular. I've invested a huge amount of time on this issue, read all the best thinkers, and wouldn't think it would be worth my time."
"I've never seen him in the literature as having made any supplementary points to the points Jensen made, and his reputation is such that one suspects he oversimplifies the debate. You have a limited amount of time in your life, and if you look at what every nut says about every issue, you'll never have time to do anything else."
"This clown is coming here and if he speaks in Auckland he'll get about 50 people, all of whom agree with him anyway, and best to ignore him..."

FWIW I think taking pride in the qualities that some people have chosen to ascribe to their race is lame, regardless of who or what color they are. It's a sad sort of vanity that people who are insecure about their worth as a human being or role on the planet undertake in order to create a false sense of superiority above others. It's entirely pathetic.

Of course it is, and Wikipedia is well known for being a venue for absolute horse shit. It would seem you in your carefully curated bubble that excludes alternative opinions, are deluded enough to think that qualifies as consensus. His information is always well sourced. You clearly don't know anything about him except for what you have been told by your fart huffing cult brethren. Differences in races exist. This is a fact. You pretend to be a champion of "true" science, but also want to maintain false pretenses when that interferes with your dogmas.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: