Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most difficult use cases to trust in crypto space today  (Read 297 times)
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 06:39:28 PM

So true about Gold backed crypto projects. It's really weird to see why people prefer valuable assets back by crypto instead of going to buy that valuable asset directly in real life.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 07:30:48 PM

I'd add crypto loans here, because it seems bizarre to me - loans imply giving someone a lot of personal data which is simply against crypto ideals.

Crypto loans work but only when the borrower can escrow something of equal value.

For years people have been using bitcointalk crypto loans to gamble or trade when they knew they'd get money from their campaign in a week or two but needed some coins at hand fast and couldn't wait for the payment.

Real estate scams are very easy to verify because these scammers can't make photos themselves and often use stock ones that can be reverse googled.

dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 07:36:32 PM

I'd add crypto loans here, because it seems bizarre to me - loans imply giving someone a lot of personal data which is simply against crypto ideals.

Crypto loans work but only when the borrower can escrow something of equal value.

The guy saying he will add "crypto loans" knows nothing about DEFI per say. LEND is a big example of successful projects in that category. Talk about gold back projects being a facade and I'll say yes, because most have failed. Real estate is feasible, I don't think it should be in category of "almost impossible" project aims.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: